PDA

View Full Version : Instruments needed to fly a Bell 206?

ValhallaPilot
5th Aug 2013, 16:35
Does anybody know what instruments are necessary to fly a 206 B2. I know the standard magnetic compass, airspeed indicator, altimeter and a time piece. Just wondering if there were any others that I was missing.

Agaricus bisporus
5th Aug 2013, 16:59
I think the tachos and egt might come in handy

Pofman
5th Aug 2013, 17:23
In Europe you must meet the airwothiness requirements laid down in CS 27 for light aircraft ( 3175kg or less), or FAR Part 27 in FAA land.:ok:

GoodGrief
5th Aug 2013, 18:25
CAMAFOOT ring a bell? (pun intended)

Peter3127
6th Aug 2013, 02:47
This help?

http://www.easa.europa.eu/certification/experts/docs/mmel/bell/EASA-MMEL-Bell_Helicopter_206---407_Series-01-14032011.pdf

:)

Arm out the window
6th Aug 2013, 03:24
Low RPM warning system would probably get a guernsey, and a fuel gauge.

Doors Off
6th Aug 2013, 04:54
A lead weight on a piece of string. When the lead weight stops flinging and bouncing about like an epileptic Doberman, your rotorhead has fallen off and you will no longer be able to fly.

RVDT
6th Aug 2013, 05:26
ValhallaPilot,

Where? When? How?

Canada or..................?

Day or.......................?

OTT...........................?

Might be helpful with your answer.

Gomer Pylot
6th Aug 2013, 12:31
The instruments required are those specified in the relevant national regulations.

John R81
6th Aug 2013, 13:40
I’ll stick my neck out:

Required to get it off the ground – non. Just don’t go too high, far, or for too long in the air as it is all guess work. Personally, I’ll see you if you get back.

Minimum to get me in it (if allowed by law, which it is not where I am) – Engine & rotor RPM; but then I am not going far or high in that state

Minimum “sensible” day VFR for me – Engine & rotor RPM, Magnetic Compass, Altimeter, Air speed indicator, fuel gauge, engine temp, oil temp / pressure for engine & MRG (or warning lights)

Required by the manufacturer – consult the POH; different for day / night VFR or instrument

Required by law – consult the POH (see above) and national law, also different depending on country (and day / night VFR or instrument

I would also “like” to have: Vertical Speed Indicator, Slip ball, Artificial horizon, Gyro Compass, low/high rotor audible warning, battery voltage, MRG torque.

Happy to be "beaten up" on that list :ouch:

Shawn Coyle
6th Aug 2013, 15:51
The minimum needed by law will be dictated by the aircraft 'top drawing', which in the case of the Jet Ranger is dictated by a very old regulation (CAR 6), but which is pretty well mirrored by Part 27. Flight instruments needed are pretty minimal from this regulation - airspeed, altimeter, turn and slip, wet compass, and not much more.
Part 91 doesn't add much.
For commercial operations, check Part 135. If memory still works, this requires an attitude indicator and gyro compass for night flying.
But the list are interesting for what they don't require!