PDA

View Full Version : Skateboards + Helicopters?

Senior Pilot
1st Aug 2013, 10:37
For the skateboarders amongst us, great stuff.

For the helicopter drivers amongst us: 6:25 onwards :eek:

tSnfO15cAHE

toptobottom
1st Aug 2013, 10:52
:eek: indeed. I'm glad the 500 driver remembers to move left at 7.18...

AdamFrisch
4th Aug 2013, 23:14
Look at this clip from around the 7:00 mark and you'll see some pretty insane 500C and skateboard interaction/stunt flying. There's also an R22 doing some (obviously sped up) flying/spinning inside the skate ramp! Notice the N-number has been wisely blacked out!...;)

Bob Burnquist's "Dreamland" - A Backyard Progression - YouTube

Sir Korsky
5th Aug 2013, 02:40
Anyone over the age of 12 with a skate board should be given an asbo.

Bravo73
5th Aug 2013, 15:18

Multi-millionaire, pop-culture icon, Tony Hawk would probably disagree with you. ;)

MightyGem
5th Aug 2013, 23:45
Here's the Snowboarding version. Outstanding. If you buy the film, watch it on the biggest screen that you can, with good set of speakers. :ok:
The Art of FLIGHT - snowboarding film trailer w/Travis Rice - YouTube

fredsnow
6th Aug 2013, 04:25
Originally Posted by Sir Korsky http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/520683-skateboards-helicopters.html#post7976815)
HAHA!
Bob has earned over 8 million dollars from skateboarding. I think he made a great career choice.

Bob Burnquist is also a Helicopter pilot.
Bob Burnquist Interview Dreamland X Games | Complex (http://www.complex.com/rides/2013/08/bob-burnquist-interview-dreamland-x-games-los-angeles/)

How did all the stuff with the helicopter come to be?
I’ve had my pilot license for quite some time now. Then I got my helicopter license about two-and-a-half years ago. I’ve just been flying a bunch, everywhere. It’s been part of my life. I have a really good pilot friend. The guy that helped me out with the skate stuff, this guy John Purrell, he was really cool. We were doing all that. My other friend Matt is a big-time safety pilot with Robinson Helicopters. He’s an awesome pilot all around. He’s kind of young, and surfs and skates like us. We started talking and we were like, “Let’s try and grind the rail. Can you do this? We’ll try and do a 720. I just did a 720. Think you can pull it off?” We were laughing because he’s riding down the ramp and taking off and trying to land on the ramp. It was just insane. I land here at home. Everyday we’re taking off and looking at the ramp. He would just always take off and feel the ramp a little bit. When it came down to the filming day, we just told him, “Hey, we’re going to try and pull of this thing. Go out there and practice a few tricks. See if you can pull something off and then we’re going to go film.” There’s a lot more coming. One of the episodes is the story on that. For the first part I wanted to sprinkle a few wild things in.
That’s just me hanging around helicopters, aviation, and pilots. I skate, too. So it’s natural to bring it all together—even some skydiving, base jumping, and all the ideas that mingle and fuse.