PDA

View Full Version : Cdr Colin Douglas RN

Blind Pugh
3rd Aug 2013, 18:45
It is with a heavy heart that I direct those that knew "CD" to the following thread in the "Military Aircrew"section.

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/520579-tutamen-et-ultor-sad-news-regarding-cdr-colin-douglas-cd-rn-tutamen-leader-rip.html

Colin died peacefully in his sleep on Thursday night in Muscat. All those that knew him have a story to tell, I indeed have many (820NAS/Culdrose)!

To Sue and Family I can't imagine what you are going through right now but may those dits as they are spun and the lamp is swung help you remember what a larger than life character he was and how we all have good memories of times with him (Cornish night-Naples dockyard cafe!).

I raise a glass tonight at sundowners

Tutamen et ultor

JR

griffothefog
3rd Aug 2013, 20:37
New Colin well from our times on convoy with HM in Oman, what an all round brilliant guy.... Very sad news and way too soon :(

Life in a blue suit
4th Aug 2013, 08:36
A measure of CD's popularity is just how fast this sad news has spread through the community. I had the good fortune to be a student on 705 NAS when Colin was an instructor, and have him as my Splot when I instructed on 706 NAS. Still smile when I think of the time he gave Billy Idol a kiss, shame his bouncers (Billy's not CD's) didn't find it so funny! He saved me from certain Court Martial having gate crashed a Cocktail Party on the Royal Yacht Britannia in Mayport, USA, when as the 1st LT he duly vouched for a fellow aviator rather than turn me in to be ship's Joss! Never understood his fascination for doing the All Arms Course, but that too was a measure of his grit and determination. An honour to have known and shared time with him. RIP CD.

niknac
11th Aug 2013, 01:10
when is the great CD's funeral, so we can all pay are respects as is dude to such a great pilot and senior friend

Sailor Vee
12th Aug 2013, 15:41
Sue has announced that CD's funeral will be in Truro Cathedral, August 19 at 1p.m.

She has also asked for Family flowers only, there will be an announcement for donations to a charity later.

Should anyone require any further details, Pendles of Helston are the funeral directors.