PDA

View Full Version : Interesting airports

rostal
3rd Aug 2013, 11:28
Hi there,
don't know if it's the right place, but...
Can you recommend me some interesting airports across central/west Europe with some untypical views, procedures for light twin piston engine aircraft? It should be without any special approvals/trainings such as Courchevel etc. Thanks

TheSsalty
3rd Aug 2013, 11:57
The airport at stuttgart (STR) has an awesome approach as the whole of Stuttgart is in a vally. It might not be what your looking for though.

Wrong Stuff
3rd Aug 2013, 16:23
Saanen is fun and the views are lovely.

phiggsbroadband
3rd Aug 2013, 17:37
Hi, if you can manage with just 486m of runway, you could try Fair Isle, about 80nm North of the top of Scotland.
Bring a folding bike and you could ride all the roads in less than 1 hour.

A and C
3rd Aug 2013, 21:32
Go to the west coast of Ireland, three small islands that in this Brandy induced state I can't remember the name but stunning views that you will never forget.

Amendment ! Thanks to the Jepp FD on the ipad the ICAO addresses EIIM, EIIR & EIMR.

carlmeek
4th Aug 2013, 05:54
A couple of my favorites from a recent trip and videos....

CHAMBERY (French Alps). A beautiful approach, over a high ridge and huge lake, diving down to downwind over the town.
Europe Trip Day 2 Lyon to Chambery in Tecnam Sierra RG - YouTube

VENICE (San Nicolo). This is grass, but gets the odd light twin i think. Stunning just because it's venice!

ISOLA D'ELBA (Italy) - just between mainland and corsica. A very steep doglegged final approach over a high ridge.

Video from venice to Elba....
Europe Trip Day 3 Venice to Elba in Tecnam Sierra RG - YouTube

Piper.Classique
5th Aug 2013, 09:34
Strasbourg Neuhof by the big river is nice, lots of stuff going on, grass, about 800 metres and easy acess to the town.