PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Indonesia

wingz5000
3rd Aug 2013, 08:10
Hi Guys, I'm planning a ferrying a piston thru Indo from Oz to Thailand.
Planning on Kupang, Bali, Bandung, Jakarta, Palembang,Medan then Phuket.
Does anyone know the latest on AVGAS availability thru those ports?? Thanks.

dc9-32
4th Aug 2013, 07:59
I would suggest you ask the agent at each location and get first hand local knowledge.

debiassi
6th Aug 2013, 20:12
Avgas is available but the handling charges are extortionate.
Plan on 1000 bucks per stop in handling
Drop me an email and I can pass you some local details that will make your transition much smoother.

CaptainProp
7th Aug 2013, 09:07
$1000 per stop in handling fees for a piston?! That cannot be correct...

dc9-32
7th Aug 2013, 09:30
in that neck of the woods, I'd say $1000 or just under is about right.

If you need a good local agent to help you rather than someone sitting in Dubai, drop me a PM :ok:

eloigorri
11th Aug 2013, 12:51
I am based in Thailand, with a Thai registered aircraft.
Phuket VTSP is mandatory handling of USD 800-1,000 minimum for any type of aircraft. They normally do have bowser AVGAS available by the litre, but there is an ongoing moratorium (NOTAMed) for any overnight parking, so you would have to plan on moving on somewhere else after refuelling and CIQ at Phuket.

There is a small 500 meter grass strip in Phuket. Phuket Airpark. Depending on your performance, that would be a option for parking overnight, but they cannot deal with CIQ, so you would still need to use the main airport as the airport of entry and exit.

Krabi VTSG is a cheaper alternative, which does allow self-handling, but I believe AVGAS, if available is only sold in 50 litre drums there, and you have to buy whole drums, but they will dispense it for you. Overnight parking is available there also.

Let me know if you need contact details for any of the above.

Cheers. E

debiassi
11th Aug 2013, 14:27
Self handling is great if you know the procedures to follow.
Make sure you have plenty of gendecs and plenty of ink in your pen.
You will be amazed how slow things go when you self handle and how little English is understood.
Sometimes you can do a deal with a local security officer 😃 better to let him make the suggestion.
As mentioned, if you want a seamless and hassle free transition. I am happy to assist.

wingz5000
28th Aug 2013, 08:24
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies, certainly something to chew on, and pretty exxy in Indo aye. Krabe would be the go in S. Thighland.
Cheers Wingz