PDA

View Full Version : Good heavens - a Hunter.

RedhillPhil
2nd Aug 2013, 10:20
Sorry if it's been mentioned before but.....
I was driving down the A40 out of Londinium yesterday when my eye was drawn to a Hunter - parked on top of a large building some fifty feet or so high. Couldn't quite see the serial number but it looked like WT something which makes it an early one.

chevvron
2nd Aug 2013, 10:34
Did he use his brake chute to land there? Second thoughts if it was an early model it probably didn't have one.

goldox
2nd Aug 2013, 11:08
It's WT555, been up there a couple of times in recent years.
It's on top of the Vanguard Self Storage building, they vary the displays now and then... seen Big Ben, Father Xmas etc up there!

WHBM
2nd Aug 2013, 18:20
Is it back ?

I remember it being up there maybe 25 years ago. I was a bit disappointed when I saw the Hunter, because someone in our office had told me they had put a Vanguard up there !

captain_flynn
2nd Aug 2013, 19:42
I saw it last week :) It was only recently put up there after having some work done to it.
I remember it being up there in the 90's.

WHBM
2nd Aug 2013, 22:02
It was there in 1988 because that's when the cam belt went on my Ford Orion :yuk: on the westbound A40 right opposite Vanguard. Sat there 2 hours in sight of it waiting for the AA having had to walk to/from a phone (no mobiles then).

Haven't a clue
3rd Aug 2013, 09:00
When I was driving to and from Wycombe doing IR training some 14 or so years ago they had a Huey up there, promoting the opening of the American Hall at Duxford IIRC