PDA

View Full Version : Irex exam prep

Fatboy99
1st Aug 2013, 22:21
In preparation for the IREX exam I'm using the Bob Tait on line exam prep questions, and have found them to be pretty good. Due to budgetary constraints I'm using AIP's and not Jepps.

How many of you have used only the Bob Tait? and do you think his question bank alone is sufficient?

Some of the MET questions can be tricky, but not "Hard" though. Not sure which parts of the MET to review - is it only certain portions or should I get stuck into the MET books all over again?

Any advice welcome. Cheers!!

Jay Bo
2nd Aug 2013, 06:18
If u can decipher a TAF, TTF, ARFOR as well as the operational requirements for alternates and associated tempos and inter holdings then u shouldn't have a problem.

Shagpile
2nd Aug 2013, 08:06
Anyone know if they let you use an iPad in the exam? Gotta do mine soon...

bentleg
2nd Aug 2013, 22:13
I doubt it. You are only allowed aip books etc as reference material. The exr may have an issue with what else you may have on the ipad, eg you could call up external assistance.

Username here
3rd Aug 2013, 08:36
Anyone know if they let you use an iPad in the exam? Gotta do mine soon

No chance bro!

Shagpile
3rd Aug 2013, 09:29
Damn! There goes fast searches.

Capt Fathom
3rd Aug 2013, 14:27
Practice Exams?

Does anyone actually study the subject? Or just learn the answers off by heart?

Stallion85
4th Aug 2013, 09:08
You have more than enough time to look up the answer in the books!
Before you do that, RTFQ! Twice..at least!

vieuphoria
6th Aug 2013, 08:23
I actually didn't think IREX wasn't too difficult. If you understand the concepts and the reasons WHY you need to do the things you have to do, then I think IREX is relatively straight forward...

What I thought IREX really didn't do well, was put it into modern reality. The reality is that GPS is becoming more common and should become a bigger part of the IREX course.

I would also like IREX to focus more on communication as after doing my MECIR I feel that this is the area where mistakes are often made and can be very open to personal Instructor interpretation.

JAMUP
6th Aug 2013, 19:24
Hi if somebody has done the IREX and dont need the AIP Tecks and charts anymore please let me know , I am preparing for my IREX and would like to buy the items used for IREX exam.