PDA

View Full Version : MS OFFICE Home Use Programme Binned

Kitbag
1st Aug 2013, 14:36
Due to a change in licencing the MOD no longer participates in the HUP, if you want Office go to Curry's, PC World etc.

t43562
1st Aug 2013, 19:35
https://www.libreoffice.org/

str12
1st Aug 2013, 19:46
Or google OpenOffice.

VinRouge
1st Aug 2013, 20:57
Why other pay at all, get it free on torrent...

BEagle
2nd Aug 2013, 06:04
Why other pay at all, get it free on torrent...

Only if you accept fraud as a way of your life.....

Dysonsphere
2nd Aug 2013, 08:00
Only if you accept fraud as a way of your life.....

I would say fraud is the amount Microsoft charge for some products. :}

Wander00
2nd Aug 2013, 08:13
Intellectual property (and marinas) is a bit like the Madam in a brothel - you got it, you sell it, you still got it.

Headstone
2nd Aug 2013, 14:23
A couple or so years back my wife was doing the admin for a club I am in. She wanted a decent set of programmes and went on FleaBay to see what it would cost. She found a site where that nice Mr Microsoft was offering Microsoft Office Professional at a very, very reduced rate for academic use only. As she was also doing an ECDL and other courses at the local Tech college - well it calls itself a Uni now of course - she found she was eligible for all the things she would use it for.
No need to go to great lengths for rip off or fraudulent stuff as it is genuine with a proper licence and you get all the updates.
Can't think of the actual site but just go onto FleaBay or Tinterweb and you should find it.

Bollotom
2nd Aug 2013, 17:28
Probably Microsoft Office 2013 Software - Software4Students (http://www.software4students.co.uk/t/brands/microsoft-office-2013-software)
£95 for Office 2013, though I still use 2003 with a free 2007 compatibility pack. I also think MS allow using Office via a cloud function. Probably have to be instrument rated to use it. :cool:

Just This Once...
2nd Aug 2013, 17:37
We've been told to stop using (!) anything bought under the old scheme as it 'would be illegal and against the agreed terms of the original licence'.

First we had crimes against the fitness test and now crimes against the home use programme. Remember when we used to fight wars and stuff?

Blacksheep
2nd Aug 2013, 17:57
As Interim Head of Management Information Services at a SE Asian national carrier, I had a visit from Microsoft. They wanted $1.2m in licence fees. I advised them that our computers were leased variusly from IBM and Dell and they should contact the local agents concerning the operating systems. We reached agreement that they would waive previous fees for using MS Office but would pay for it "going forward". As soon as they left I had the network manager investigate how many users needed pivot tables in Excel. These users then continued to have MS Office. We replaced the application with Open Office on all other machines. This reduced our annual Microsoft licence to just 245 CALs and wiped a million bucks off the bill.

Navaleye
2nd Aug 2013, 19:03
I recommend Libre Office. Its free very good and does everything most will want. I am continuing my purge on all things MS.