PDA

View Full Version : Help me to get in the flying world

Kourosh
30th Jul 2013, 22:45
hello everyone
my name is kourosh,i'm 18 years old and i live in iran.
it has always been my dream to become an airline pilot.my father is a pilot for iran's flag carrier,iranair and he has always motivated me to get into the flying world.
so here's the problem:
i have put a lot of energy on applying to FlightSafety Academy in USA.i traveled to germany to get a FAA Medical certificate.i traveled to armenia to take the toefl exam,just to get into FSA.but they have recently told me that :
Per the Department of State and Homeland Security we are unable to conduct training for the citizens of Iran.
this was the worst thing that i could ever hear because unfortunately all of my life plans were based on this.
since flight training is very low quality in iran, i need to go to another country to get my trainings and i want to get high quality training.
so what can i do now if i want to have a high quality training which is open to iranian citizens?which country?which school?

thank you very much.

triathlon
31st Jul 2013, 05:13
None here. All in America.

Jack Ranga
31st Jul 2013, 09:46
That must be some proxy server you are using to get a message from Iran to a western server :D

Kourosh
31st Jul 2013, 09:48
yes, i am using a server located in another country.
it's hard to access the internet here :D.we need to use unusual ways

smiling monkey
3rd Aug 2013, 05:43
I know a few Iranians who attended the Malaysian Flying Academy (http://www.mfa.edu.my) in Malaysia and another who learnt to fly in South Africa. Both guys are flying with airlines in Asia at the moment.

grrowler
3rd Aug 2013, 06:03
I presume you have spoken to your father and/ or Iranair about any possible cadet programme for nationals? At the very least they would probably know preferred training institutions.

pilotchute
3rd Aug 2013, 07:31
I ran into an Iranian guy in Jakarta who is employed by a local carrier. He did his training in the Philippines. I wouldn't suggest the Philippines as a training provider due to the seemingly very inconsistent training but I know its cheap compared to say Malaysia.

I know you can get a licence in South Africa for around $30-35 thousand USD not including accommodation and food. The training will be top notch and you might be able to pick up some contacts for work in Africa.

Good luck.

Oktas8
5th Aug 2013, 00:45
You might also contact CTC Aviation Training. They train airline cadets in several countries including New Zealand, quite successfully. They would certainly be able to offer advice about non-US options.

I believe Oxford Aviation do the same, but I don't know enough about them to recommend them specifically.

Good luck!

Wizofoz
5th Aug 2013, 05:28
Nearer to home, there are a couple of flight academies in the UAE, and Emirates offers an ATPL program. Also rumored that Fly Dubai will soon start a self sponsored Cadet scheme.

pilotchute
5th Aug 2013, 07:19
Going to CTC or Oxford would be nice but I don't think the young man wants to spend upwards of 70k USD just for a CPL ME/IR and then have to pay for accommodation and food on top. The schools in Dubai and surrounding areas are also expensive. There are a couple of schools in Turkey but again I think they are expensive.

I would say South Africa is your best option.

Oktas8
5th Aug 2013, 20:49
since flight training is very low quality in iran, i need to go to another country to get my trainings and i want to get high quality training

CTC would offer high quality training, as would some other major multinational schools outside the USA. Check reputations outside their own country to find out - that is, does a UAE school have a good reputation around the rest of the Middle East? I believe some of them do.

Pilotchute, really? The OP wants quality and you are extolling the benefits of cheap? RTQ lad, RTQ.