PDA

View Full Version : Human Fators Blues

Fatboy99
30th Jul 2013, 10:14
Hi all,

I study my ass off and flunked Human Factors by 1 question. But whether you flunk by 1% or 100%, makes no difference.

Thing is I used only bob tait and bob tait sample questions to prep for the exam, because a couple of people said that there was no difference between the ATP syllabus and the CPL syllabus. But when I got into the exam, there was almost no resemblance between the prep exam questions and the CASA questions.

Hey i'll take it on the chin, I didn't pass and that's up to me, But I don't want to bang my head against the wall again, so any advice or if anybody could give me some tips or good exam prep questions I would appreciate it a ton.

The normal HF anatomy (eyes, ears etc) type of stuff was OK, but the Risk Management and TEM NAILED me!! I used the caap 5.59 for prep and really knew it well, but there was almost no similarity between the CASA questions and the Caap.....

megle2
30th Jul 2013, 11:14
Before the spelling police jump in how about you edit the title from Fators to Factors. Maybe spelling was worth a point.

Runaway Gun
30th Jul 2013, 12:39
Hint? Re-read all the material again. Just keep reading it, something new will sink in every time. Whether you pass by 1% or 30%, it all helps.

duncan_g
30th Jul 2013, 20:42
Its worth getting on the bobtait.com.au forums as well.. lots of discussion on curly TEM questions.

Horatio Leafblower
31st Jul 2013, 04:28
I am a Human Factors tragic - I love it - but TEM is a load of ****.

It is clumsy and awkward in practice - its another cute theoretical model forced down the throats of the people at the coal face as it it is actually useful.

Once you have been using it for a while it gets easier BUT do you reckon the examiners at CASA have ever worked as a pilot? :hmm:

...much less actually used TEM as an operational tool? :ugh:

Tossers. :suspect:

drpixie
31st Jul 2013, 05:05
Search the CASA website for any material they might have - the CASA exam is likely to agree with the CASA material. (Hint - try the CAAPs).

Also skybrary has some useful (original source) material, if you search around a bit.