PDA

View Full Version : Study in Canada or Egypt?

bodda
30th Jul 2013, 06:23
I'm facing a dilemma and wanted some advice. I'm an Egyptian and Canadian citizen, and I want to get hired by EgyptAir as a pilot because it seems like they hire fresh graduates with little hours, train them, then start them off as first officers on their jets.
I was wondering if the best thing to do would be to enroll in flight college in Canada then convert my licenses or just enter the Egyptian Aviation Academy.

From what I understand the EAA does not place graduates in jobs directly with EgyptAir. How long does it take to get hired? In the current political turmoil, will it be tough o find a job, especially because I don't have any connections with other pilots in Egypt?

My plan after getting hired by EgyptAir is to work with them for a few years until I gain enough hours to work at a large airline back in Canada. However I heard that EgyptAir makes pilots sign with them under contract for 7 years. Is this correct?

100 above minimums
31st Aug 2013, 17:03
This is true. Neither the EAA nor any other academy or flight school guarantees you a place at EgyptAir. How long it takes depends on how good you are and how much the airline needs pilots. I know people who graduated a few days before the application deadline, applied, and got accepted. On the other hand, there are other pilots who have been unemployed for as long as 15 years.

Correct. Once you finish your training, you sign a seven year contract with EgyptAir.