PDA

View Full Version : Pass scores for IREX practice exams?

Homesick-Angel
27th Jul 2013, 06:38
Ive gotta student about to knock over his IREX exam, and I was wondering what people out there were scoring in their practice exams, and how that worked out for their final score with CASA (Using Bob Tait as REF).

When I sat it, I was getting in the high 80s for prac exams, but scraped though on the day in the mid 70s, although I have to say in my defence that Id sat the remaining three ATPL's in the 4 weeks previous and was a tad fried!

He asked me, so I thought Id ask you?

Thanks in advance.

Gearupandorrf
27th Jul 2013, 10:02
Hi Homesick,
Thanks for your replies in my previous "reasonable career expectations" thread.

Re: scores in IREX prac exams, I used Bob Taits' Book for self study and was getting 90- 95% in the practise exams- and got 88% in the real thing last November.

There really wasn't anything that I hadn't seen in Bobs' Text, quite a few q's with TAF's and deciding if alternates required/ lighting requirements/ when can you go below LSALT.

Should be much the same, unless Gavin S at CASA has 'had his way' with the exam.

Hope that helps,
Gearup.

Username here
27th Jul 2013, 11:11
95%+ on the practice exams.

90% on the day...

Used Rob Avery's paccy exams.

Stallion85
27th Jul 2013, 12:40
no practise Exam
85% on the day

Bob Tait :ok:

Dexta
27th Jul 2013, 22:44
Used Bob Tait and self studied. 90-95% on practice, 88% on actual. My advice is to use the full 3.5 hours to check everything. The guy in front of me stuck his hand up after 2 odd hours and the look on his face indicated he didn't pass.