PDA

View Full Version : F100 recruitment in Australia???

slatanmhor
26th Jul 2013, 20:56
Hey all,

Anybody any idea if any of the F100 operators in Oz require F100 FOs???

I have an Irish issued EASA licence.... I guess that will prove problematic for sourcing job flying there, eh?? Anyone any idea what the licence conversion process is... In the past, over here,(if I remember correctly); Aussie pilots had only to do some Irish Air Law exams in order to satisfy the Irish CAA authorities that they could fly Irish reg aircraft here.

Gaggin to move to down under..(like everyone else in this country!!)

All advice/info appreciated

lee_apromise
27th Jul 2013, 03:10
Converting license is one thing, getting a right to work is another thing. You need to have a permanent resident visa to work in Aust, and pilots aren't eligible under skilled migration scheme.

airdualbleedfault
27th Jul 2013, 05:13
Unfortunately for you Slats, Lee is correct.
To answer part of your question tho, there are 4 F100 operators in Oz, about 40 odd airframes and the operator that is ownedby Qantas recently recruited around 30 pilots.

StudentInDebt
27th Jul 2013, 08:02
Actually, pilots are eligible for permanent residency through the skilled migration program but, generally speaking, one would have to have significant experience in the industry to amass enough points to be considered for a visa under the new EOI scheme. You would also have had to go through the license conversion and obtained a skills assessment from CASA prior to beginning the visa application with no guarantee of the outcome.

slatanmhor
27th Jul 2013, 08:32
Thank u guys for your prompt replies...

Studentindebt,,,,, I particularly like yours as there appears to be a snippet of hope in there for me... :).

What is this EOI scheme all about???
I have ben working in the airline business for approx. 20 years, the last 8 on and off as FO. Does that whole period qualify as "significant experience in the industry"???
Thanks

[email protected]

metrodashbrazconkie
27th Jul 2013, 09:35
We may need you :ok:

Perth Air Charter, Charter Flights Perth, WA Airline, Mining Charter :: Skippers Aviation (http://www.skippers.com.au/Careers.asp)

tail wheel
27th Jul 2013, 09:45
Don't get excited. At best it is only a very remote glimmer of hope for a pilot.

Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa (http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-189/)

If you are over 32 years of age and do not hold a University degree you are probably wasting your time.

StudentInDebt
27th Jul 2013, 18:06
You currently have no chance with a skilled independent visa as Aeroplane Pilot does not appear on the associated Skilled Occupation List. Instead you will need to find a state that has Aeroplane Pilot on its' state migration plan SOL and apply to them to be nominated for a Skilled - Nominated visa. Once you've got the nomination you can apply to be considered for the visa (EOI -Expression of Interest) through SkillSelect (http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/), I suggest you have a look through that site and work out if you can achieve enough points to qualify before you start down the license conversion.

I can't tell you what qualifies as significant experience and, more importantly, neither will CASA until you hold an Australian license - catch-22!

slatanmhor
27th Jul 2013, 18:52
Thank you Student for all of your concise and practical info! You were very helpful.
Indeed thanks to all of you who replied to my querie...-I sincerely appreciate it and will work on all of the info shared..

Best regards.

D

chimbu warrior
27th Jul 2013, 23:21
You could always try applying to Air Niugini; work in PNG but live/based in Cairns.

slatanmhor
28th Jul 2013, 11:02
Thanks man...
That is another idea I will explore....!!
I guess there is a chance I will get to fly the ol F100 again so..
I thought because of the massive downturn in aviation here in Europe and the non existence of F100s in this part of the world these days; that I would never get to fly it again but thanks to all your positive suggestions, who knows....??

tail wheel
28th Jul 2013, 18:16
The mining boom is coming to an end in Australia. In the future a few F50, F100 and 146 aircrew may be looking for alternate employment. The F100 is becoming an older aircraft (1986 -1997), only 148 still operational and manufacturer defunct in 1996; how much more economic and operational life is left in the aircraft?