PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento or Long Beach

SriLankanPilot2
26th Jul 2013, 04:06
I need an advice guys. I have 2 options left. Either Sacramento or Long beach.
1. Doing flying in skywalkinc and start degree program at CSUS or
2. Doing fling in long beach flight academy and start degree program at CSULB.

what is best? I'm really worrying about the cost. but considering both of above two options, what is worth?

SriLankanPilot2
29th Jul 2013, 13:11
any comments guys?

Patrick Murphy
29th Jul 2013, 16:40
I won't comment about the flying. But those are VERY different areas of California. Big city vs. medium sized city. Los Angeles Basin vs. Central Valley. Hot vs. moderate summer temps. Etc. If you have never visited either or both, I suggest doing some research on the geography and people.

SriLankanPilot2
3rd Aug 2013, 08:33
Thanks for the comment.

galaxy flyer
3rd Aug 2013, 17:09
I'd be tempted to recommend Sacremento. The LA Basin is a zoo, on the ground and in the air. Specifically, lots of wasted time in LA due to the air traffic.

SAC is no prize, either. Have you considered elsewhere, like North Dakota or Southeast Oklahoma.

AdamFrisch
3rd Aug 2013, 21:24
I think the LA basin has both options - it can train you for a high workload and therefore make you a better pilot, or you can choose less saturation and just concentrate on basics, depending literally on what turn you take out of LGB. Long Beach Twr controllers are sticklers and won't let sloppy procedure pass. Nor can they afford to with 5 rwy's running traffic all the time and lots of Navy jets etc. Land and hold short procedures are common there and it is the airport in the LA basin where they'll call you on any mistake you make. I've been chewed out a few times going in there and for not even reading back instructions correctly. But you know what? It's good practice and will make you a better pilot. The rest of the LA basin is a breeze - there's nothing to it. And in LA you have all the good stuff you need - food, entertainment, nightlife etc.

Sacramento I've not flown in, but the town is a bureaucrat and politicians nest and not much going on. All the inland cities up there are horrible - Stockton, Merced, Sacramento. Plus it's flat as hell and has windy sandstorms.