PDA

View Full Version : SHL Results for QF

JezYBBN
25th Jul 2013, 04:16
Hi all,

Has anybody ever read through their SHL results after having done the QF or Q'link assessment?

Got mine today and have to say that I disagree with the findings in more ways than one!

Id be curious to hear of your thoughts on them........

Pilotshumornetwork
25th Jul 2013, 04:21
Can you request the feedback if you sat the exam a month ago?

JezYBBN
25th Jul 2013, 04:28
Surely you could mine was around 2 weeks ago.
I got a response in a few hours after emailing and requesting and quoting my reference number. They will email you a pdf of your candidate report, essentially a verbal summary of what type of person you are.
Let me know your thoughts if you get it, be curious to see what you think of your own summary.

They advise that there is a charge for the following additional:

We are able to provide you with candidate feedback reports for the following assessments:

· Occupational Personality Questionnaire: $87.50
· Motivation Questionnaire: $70.00
· Verbal Reasoning: $19.00
· Numerical Reasoning: $19.00

DeltaT
25th Jul 2013, 07:21
I did the practice SHL tests so that I could read the results to see how I faired what I needed to do to improve. Scored above average in comprehension and advanced in Maths. Do the real ones for QF and don't get through. WTF?

Interestingly, applied for a Department store 2nd job, which also used SHL testing...no charge for the testing. :mad:

mcgrath50
25th Jul 2013, 12:35
I read the reports of the personality and motivation practice questions and either agreed with the result or thought "yes and ..." There was probably about half that where sort of true but didn't tell the whole story eg; It described me as valuing highly time away from work to enjoy hobbies, which is true but I felt made it sound like I wasn't interested in working hard which I also am.

I didn't bother following up the reasoning wrongs as they are more black and white.

JezYBBN
26th Jul 2013, 00:09
Thanks for your responses, Delta T, have to agree WTF!:mad:
McGrath I equally had that summary that I feel didn't represent really what I'm about.:ugh:

tail wheel
26th Jul 2013, 01:54
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/PPRuNe/SelfAssessment_zpsa0eef388.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Woomera/media/PPRuNe/SelfAssessment_zpsa0eef388.jpg.html)

It is human nature not to see ourselves as everyone else sees us! :=

Hugh Jarse
26th Jul 2013, 03:25
I find it extremely difficult to believe SHL will give you any feedback on the actual QF Group S&P test. You may have received results of a generic, or practice assessment, but I doubt it was the actual QF test.

Why, do you ask? QF are very protective of any recruitment process results a candidate may have completed. You can thank the people who, back in the early 2000's took QF to task over feedback received. (Sounds like there are one or two prospects here, too).

Since then, it has been company policy (and rightly so) to not provide feedback on any of the assessment stages. It's the same old story - one or two bad eggs spoil it for the majority.

Further, grading on the S&P is on a rating scale, e.g 1 to 5 for each of the components. Each business unit, i.e Qantaslink or Qantas may require a slightly different result to the other in one or more of the individual components. So, an overall pass for one company may not necessarily make you competitive for the other.

That's a VERY appropriate photo for this thread, Tail wheel. :}:8 Had one or two turn up to interviews with that attitude :ok::}

mcgrath50
26th Jul 2013, 04:32
You may have received results of a generic, or practice assessment, but I doubt it was the actual QF test.

I was referring to the practice ones you can sign up and do on the SHL website. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Also in relation to my 'gripe' they divide your characteristics up into Strong Motivators (all of which I agreed with 100%), Moderate Motivators (which is where I had the 'yes but' ones) and De-Motivators.

To be honest seeing as it was 40ish multiple choice questions I think it got pretty close but I also found it interesting that it didn't tell the whole story about me but gave a decent impression that I can imagine an interview could go from.

:ok:

DeltaT
20th Aug 2013, 23:21
For those interested, an informative read (http://www.nicheconsulting.co.nz/secrets_lies.htm#lie3)

The Ipsative Test, as used by Qantas group, is not advisable for Recruitment!!!