PDA

View Full Version : EC120 TR + SFH

miket_68
24th Jul 2013, 20:35
Hi.

Looking for a EC120 Type Rating supplier, but also SFH after the course,

Safety pilot for a few flights while I build experience, but we are looking to do overnight stays so as much as I may like my instructor I don't want to see him at breakfast when we stay overnight :-)

Prefer north of London, I have checked Redhill and they all specify a permanent Safety pilot.

Thanks

Mike

mast-bump
25th Jul 2013, 10:08
Try Advance Helicopters.....

They are down in Shoreham so a little far south but they have a very smart 120 for TR and SFH.

Im sure the guys there would help you out.

MB

toptobottom
25th Jul 2013, 19:53
miket_68

I'd be interested to see if that works for you. I'm not aware of any SFH 120s in the UK, at least not without substantial hours or a safety pilot at all times. The restriction is the insurance, not necessarily the operator/owner's reluctance to offer SFH.

Hedski
25th Jul 2013, 21:14
Idle Stop on here may be able to assist, for the type rating at the very least.

Check your PM's.

Efirmovich
25th Jul 2013, 21:39
Give Jonathan at Helicentre Liverpool a call they have a 120 now.

E.

John R81
26th Jul 2013, 12:58
As TTB says the restrictions are insurance driven, and there are not that many providers of hull insurance. My policy states mandatory safety pilot until minimum hrs then £75k excess. Even then, a significant claim might make the insurer refuse further cover which sort of destroys the business, hence the continued safety pilot requirement.

Also, I am not as keen on overnight sfh as in the past. The machine is now sufficiently busy that the flight hrs lost from that arrangement would need to be balanced against the flight hrs gained; it is a business, not a club aircraft, after all.

John