PDA

View Full Version : Fife Airport Flyin 3rd August

140KIAS
24th Jul 2013, 12:34
The Fife Airport Annual Summer Fly-In & Open Day will take place on Saturday 3rd August between 11am and 4pm and once again, there will be a wide range of stalls, attractions and aerial activities to entertain and amuse people of all ages and interests.

We'll have art and craft stalls, guide dogs for the blind, performance cars, plus the usual air experience flights for those who have never ventured into the sky in a light aircraft. We will also hold a Prize Raffle on the day and as usual a tombola.

We're also holding a Spot Landing Competition as an added bit of fun this year. The idea is to try and land your aircraft as close as possible to a specific target marker line on the runway; visiting pilots are welcome to participate on arrival.

As is usual for this event, landing fees for visiting aircraft will be waived on the day.

We hope to see you there! More info at Latest News (http://www.fifeflyingclub.co.uk)

140KIAS
1st Aug 2013, 07:54
For once the weather seems to be playing ball. As part of the fun and games there's going to be a spot landing competition. The rules will be published on the Fife Flying Club website soon. Alternatively PM me and I can email you a copy.

MarkC89
1st Aug 2013, 08:05
Glad the weather is looking ok!

I'm a member at Tayside Flying Club, but heading down to Fife on Saturday for this.

I'll be taking the car, so no spot landing for me this time, unfortunately.

Looking forward to it :)

MadMurdock
1st Aug 2013, 09:12
Sounds better than the 'spot the landing' contest we had last year thanks to the poor weather. Thanks Carol Kirkwood for the better forecast this year!

red rooster
2nd Aug 2013, 10:52
Might be interesting with a slight crosswind and gusting.RR