PDA

View Full Version : SEP Revalidation

Ryan5252
22nd Jul 2013, 11:33
All,

Quick question if I may. My SEP rating expired Summer 2012 and although having accumulated in excess the prerequisite flight hours for renewal the expiry date passed me before I realised and therefore failed to get an examiner to sign me off for another 24 months.

I am assuming I now need to do a full re validation with an examiner and there is no way to renew the rating 'retrospectively'?

Many thanks
Ryan

LowNSlow
22nd Jul 2013, 12:20
I expect that you will have to do a revalidation, which if you are relatively current shouldn't be too onerous. If you've spent the last 10 years navigating soley by GPS or are flying a different aircraft to the type the local club uses then it gets a bit more awkward ie expensive

BillieBob
22nd Jul 2013, 16:34
You will have to renew rather than revalidate your rating, which means that you will have to attend an ATO and obtain an assessment of refresher training required, if any, and a course completion certificate before finding an examiner to conduct a class rating proficiency check. If the rating has expired by more than 3 but less than 12 months, the ATO is likely to require you to complete at least two 'training sessions'.

The UK also permits Registered Facilities to provide refresher training for SEP class rating renewal although other states may not.