PDA

View Full Version : Servisair / Swissport

Pages : [1] 2

STN Ramp Rat
22nd Jul 2013, 08:26
It seems Swissport may be taking over Servisair

Swissport International Ltd.*- News & Media Center*- News Releases (http://www.swissport.com/nc/news-media-center/news-releases/news-detail/article/derichebourg-grants-exclusivity-to-swissport-in-respect-of-the-disposal-of-100-of-servisair/)

Derichebourg grants exclusivity to Swissport in respect of the disposal of 100% of Servisair

Derichebourg announces today that it has granted an exclusivity period to Swissport regarding the disposal of 100% of Servisair on the basis of an irrevocable and binding offer received today. Both Swissport and Derichebourg will provide more information in due course, subject to customary legal and regulatory approvals.
Servisair´s global business currently provides ground services for around 106 million passengers and 645,000 tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 500 client companies in the aviation sector. Servisair employs around 15,000 staff and is active at 118 locations in 20 countries on four continents. Swissport is a global provider of ground services to the aviation sector offering services to around 118 million passengers and handling 3.5 million tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 650 client-companies in the aviation sector. With a workforce of around 40,000 employees, Swissport is active at 180 stations in 38 countries across five continents.
The Derichebourg Group is an international player in the world of environmental services and services to businesses and to local and municipal authorities. It covers the entire waste recycling chain, from collection through to recuperation. Furthermore, it develops a broad range of services in cleaning, temporary work, energy, with well known focus on aircraft support to manufacturing and aircraft maintenance.

sat1
22nd Jul 2013, 09:43
been a long time coming

heavychox
22nd Jul 2013, 09:52
This is true. Apparently, The Derchbourg Group which owns Servisair, on the basis of an irrevocable and binding offer, has granted exclusivity to Swissport in respect of the sale of its global ground services subsidiary Servisair.

This is expected to occur towards the end of 2013

speedbird_481_papa
22nd Jul 2013, 11:53
Very interesting news to all concerned! One question, will this also include the sale of SMART by Servisair? Will that then become swissport also?

TOWTEAMBASE
22nd Jul 2013, 13:39
Swissport and smart should never be used in the same sentence !!!!

FMCTEMPEST
22nd Jul 2013, 14:47
Smart Handling by Servisair.........it's 100% sale of all of Servisair and all that money they spent on Aspire Lounges.

TOWTEAMBASE
22nd Jul 2013, 15:01
May get away by renaming it "handling solutions" as in GLA

aergid
22nd Jul 2013, 17:22
About time the that the last old dinosaur, Circusair was finally put to the sword:}.

Just wonder how the EU monopolies commission will feel about it?:mad::mad:

TOWTEAMBASE
22nd Jul 2013, 18:44
Nice to see the sympathy is in abundance as usual from all those NOT affected by it !!!

ImPlaneCrazy
22nd Jul 2013, 19:59
Sympathy? Who needs sympathy! Whatever happens happens these days, there's so many different circumstances to consider when it comes to your situation / possibilities.

Burnie5204
22nd Jul 2013, 22:30
Talking to the Servisair ramp crews and they arent too keen on Swissport's offer/T&Cs

JamesKirk
22nd Jul 2013, 23:37
Talking to the Servisair ramp crews and they arent too keen on Swissport's offer/T&Cs

Bernie, Same was said by the Aviance staff 3 years ago, whats the saying "whats comes around, go's around!!":)

750XL
22nd Jul 2013, 23:56
Awful news to receive when on shift today, and as always, received it via word of mouth and the Swissport website rather by management themselves! :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

When management did finally appear it was great to see their faces though, rabbits in headlights anyone? :hmm:

Hoping for my sake and my colleagues we're transferred over on our current contracts as going to a Swissport contract would be a huge loss of T&C's and pay.

Good luck to everyone involved :*

Burnie5204
23rd Jul 2013, 07:27
JamesKirk, I wasnt on Civil Ramps at that time so I dont know what the changes were but I suspect it didnt amount to a... (let me do the maths)... 14% pay drop

mathers_wales_uk
23rd Jul 2013, 09:11
Wouldn't Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment (TUPE) apply this would mean that you transfer from one company to the other under the same contract and pay.

Obviously where there are some overlapping of jobs it will unfortunately lead to compulsory redundancies.

Are the turnaround co-ordinators at Swissport dispatchers or load controllers?

heavychox
23rd Jul 2013, 09:47
Are Swissport reliant on replacing managers that somehow have no role but have gotten away with it for years?

minimums
23rd Jul 2013, 12:15
I feel very sorry for the staff involved. As MO'L once said of BA / Iberia, this is like two drunks propping each other up....

750XL
24th Jul 2013, 02:23
Does anyone know legally where we stand with this buyout?

I'm a dispatcher at Servisair, and I assume we'll be merging to the already massive Swissport operation here. Are they legally required to take me on with my Servisair contract or will I be forced to go to a Swissport contract, and lose money and T&C's?

Airfrance7
24th Jul 2013, 09:07
750XL

As someone has already mentioned on this thread, TUPE of ALL Servisair employee contracts will be transferred over to Swissport. Your pay and terms of condition stay the same. These contracts legally expire after 2 YEARS service. Your contract will then changed to Swissport T & Cs.
Good luck and keep aviation safe

The96er
24th Jul 2013, 11:46
Your contract will not automatically change over to a Swissport contract after 2 years (I'm still on an Aviance contract 4 years after they dissapeared).
The company can however deem that your job no longer exist, for example, what Menzies did with the Ex-Servisair Ramp Team leadrers who TUPE'd over with the BA contract at MAN as Menzies stated they do not have that posistion within Menzies.
For the most part, the people who actually do the job i.e Pax services, Dispatch, Ramp will in the main be O.K (someone has to do the work). Only where there is a duplication of jobs, at stations where both companies exist i.e MAN, LGW and STN, will there be a reduction of staff. A good example is management. Having been in a company taken over and being in a company taking over another since 2007 at MAN, without exception, all the management personell from the company being taken over have been shown the door.

heavychox
24th Jul 2013, 13:17
The69er, hi there, you mentioned T/Ls previously, do Swissport use them as part of the groundcrew? Not fully sure how the potential new employers work their system

The96er
24th Jul 2013, 13:47
The69er, hi there, you mentioned T/Ls previously, do Swissport use them as part of the groundcrew?

They do at MAN, can't speak for other stations though.

Cluster Bomb
24th Jul 2013, 18:46
To clarify, Derichebourg hasn't been taken over, only Servisair? So this shouldn't impact Derichebourg employees?:confused:

TOWTEAMBASE
24th Jul 2013, 19:29
DMS employees ARE part of the deal according to the press release sent out 2 days ago.

The69er

Servisair and swissport exist at STN but in different roles ie swissport GH and Servisair cargo

Cluster Bomb
24th Jul 2013, 20:05
Derichebourg are only involved in aircraft cleaning at EDI & GLA so shouldn't really be affected then?

STN Ramp Rat
24th Jul 2013, 20:28
its the Servisair Group and everything they own. SO if they own Derichebourg in the UK then it will be included, I would suggest that if anyone wants to know they should do a companies house search on Servisair in the UK and see what it subsidiaries are

Cluster Bomb
24th Jul 2013, 20:35
Derichebourg own Servisair, or did until Swissport bought them.

Loadhamster
24th Jul 2013, 20:37
The announcement we received here up north said like this:

While this transaction is completed, Servisair and Swissport will continue to operate as separate companies, with both continuing to conduct business as usual

Very, very interesting to see how this works especially at places like HEL where these two companies compete against each other very hard to win contracts...

I'm also concerned about Servisair-guys losing their current positions - many loadmasters and gse-guys will propably face the situation whether to become just an ordinary baggage-rampie or to leave.

-Hamster

750XL
24th Jul 2013, 20:55
As far as I know the cleaners at MAN/GLA/EDI (and any other station DMS clean aircraft?) are being swallowed up by Swissport too, as Derichebourg are selling the entire 'aviation' operation to concentrate on their recycling business.

GroundControl1
24th Jul 2013, 22:34
Does anyone know legally where we stand with this buyout?

When this buyout goes through do not fear. You will become Swissport Cargo which is run by Swissport International. All passenger handling in the UK is run by Swissport UK and they are ran as separate businesses.

GroundControl1
24th Jul 2013, 22:37
Sorry that is anyone that works Servisair cargo...

heavychox
25th Jul 2013, 06:59
I do wonder how this will affect things here at EMA? Already the managers are trying to be unusually friendly!
Do Swissport bring their own team in or do they leave the management structure intact as we seem to be over-subscribed in this department

Burnie5204
25th Jul 2013, 15:57
HeavyChox - There are already tons of rumour floating round the ramp. Mainly around comparisons between roles that Servisair have that Swissport don't. If, as your name suggests, you work the Cargo contracts then none of the rumours i've heard so far regarding roles affect the cargo side - just the pay side of the rumours.

I shall be down on the east ramp a few times tonight (hopefully 6 times if everything of yours operates and doesnt cancel)

steveGSW
26th Jul 2013, 18:04
A federal lawsuit filed in New York this week might put a crimp in Swissport's plans.

heavychox
27th Jul 2013, 08:17
Burnie5204 (http://www.pprune.org/members/395836-burnie5204)- I used to work Cargo but now on Central Ramp groundcrew, just slightly concerned re future employment lol!
As you are aware, rumours and speculation abound in these matters and the outcome could go either way.

TOWTEAMBASE
27th Jul 2013, 18:05
SteveGSW

What's the law suit for ?

aergid
27th Jul 2013, 18:58
Looking into a glass ball I see Swissport Auditors floating around Servisair Departmentss with lots of note taking....

After 2 yrs TUPE the vastly overpaid and underworked Servisair staff might be in for a wee shock.....:E

TOWTEAMBASE
27th Jul 2013, 20:10
Why are there always people on here that take great delight in the fact people may be out of a job. I thought this was a rumour site, not a gloating forum !!!! The issues are with the companies involved, not the people that work for them. It's going to affect the livelihood of people on BOTH side !!

750XL
27th Jul 2013, 21:51
Overpaid? Is someone hiding something from me :eek:

Pilotpaul787
29th Jul 2013, 14:53
Vastly overpaid apparently..

dms1
30th Jul 2013, 19:26
DMS cleaners have now been informed that they are also involved in the take over will the cleaners jobs be safe ?

TOWTEAMBASE
2nd Aug 2013, 18:01
That will depend on swissports plans for them I guess

Hangar6
2nd Aug 2013, 18:19
Eff 1Nov EI take over ramp and front of house handling for Ey they already do cargo,

stab3.5up
2nd Aug 2013, 18:21
I dont think that is confirmed more a rumour on twitter

750XL
2nd Aug 2013, 18:40
Servisair Manchester won the contract for Etihad (from Swissport) today :ok: Effective from 1st October 2013

The96er
2nd Aug 2013, 18:56
Servisair Manchester won the contract for Etihad (from Swissport) today Effective from 1st October 2013

All seems a bit pointless considering the Swissport/Servisair merger :confused:

750XL
2nd Aug 2013, 19:00
Swissport buying Servisair doesn't necessarily mean MAN will merge.

Penauille and Globeground anyone?

Hangar6
2nd Aug 2013, 19:23
Not a rumour confirmed by all parties

Airfrance7
2nd Aug 2013, 19:27
Swissport is a global brand. Servisair is not. It would make sense to put all stations under the Swissport brand.

The96er
2nd Aug 2013, 19:47
Swissport buying Servisair doesn't necessarily mean MAN will merge.

I'm afraid it will.

TOWTEAMBASE
2nd Aug 2013, 23:01
How can you say Servisair isn't a global brand ?

STN Ramp Rat
3rd Aug 2013, 06:38
How can you say Servisair isn't a global brand ?

It was thesmallest of the big handlers and that made them vulnerable

750XL
3rd Aug 2013, 10:21
Still a global brand, and one recognised for it's high level of service

TOWTEAMBASE
3rd Aug 2013, 22:43
Exactly 750XL, there Aren't too many places in the world that Servisair aren't in, albeit smaller in the UK now, it's aircraft fuelling too in the states so a different set up all round.

750XL
3rd Aug 2013, 23:52
Servisair have a lot of things that Swissport don't for example fuelling, as you mentioned, and also lounges

boeingbus2002
4th Aug 2013, 08:11
Swissport have fuelling at LHR.

mathers_wales_uk
4th Aug 2013, 11:24
Servisair have Executive Lounges at some airports and is a very lucrative part of the ground handling business.

TOWTEAMBASE
4th Aug 2013, 17:29
Also aircraft deicing which is very lucrative if you have a bad winter

wayne1985
5th Aug 2013, 22:08
Servisair also gain etihad at LHR from 1st November.

aergid
6th Aug 2013, 05:38
mmmm If I am not mistaken Swissport do Aircraft Fuelling in LHR & NCL in UK and as for De-Icing it is big business for Swissport (maybe not in UK but everywhere else that is a bit chilly).
Swissport is recognised as the biggest GHA globally and Servisair second but by a big distance, with Menzies not far behind them in third....

With a workforce of around 40,000 personnel, Swissport is active at 180 stations in 37 countries across five continents

Servisair employs around 15,000 staff and is active at 118 locations in 20 countries on four continents

As for quality yeah right..... I have been handled by Servisair and Ringsting (RIP) when Atlas Air brought their B747 freighters to MAN. Both had no clue and the equipment was older than me....

Just sit back and accept the fact you will all be wearing 'the ferrari pit stop kit' soon enough muhahahaha.....:D:D

Having fun in the sun :cool:

750XL
6th Aug 2013, 10:04
Just sit back and accept the fact you will all be wearing 'the ferrari pit stop kit' soon enough muhahahaha.....:D:D

Unbelievable how heartless some people can be, this takeover is affecting peoples lives in a huge way (15,000 peoples lives).

Damn sure you just wouldn't sit back and accept a 20% pay reduction and huge loss in T&C's, or even total job loss.

Hope you get burnt in the sun :E

TOWTEAMBASE
6th Aug 2013, 13:15
Maybe you got a bad service because you are c@ck and deserved the treatment you got......I do hope you don't get TOO sunburnt........not

lacala
7th Aug 2013, 09:03
Swiss port do not re fuel at LHR!

lacala
7th Aug 2013, 09:06
there is no legal time frame with T.U.P.E. !

lacala
7th Aug 2013, 09:10
Servisair do not own Derichebourg! it's the other way round.

Capt Wannabe
7th Aug 2013, 21:02
Swiss port do not re fuel at LHR!

Sorry to be pedantic but it's Swissport - all one word.

I wonder what exactly Swissport Fueling do at LHR then if they don't do fuel and why they have all those fueling vehicles based just off Bath Road :ugh:

kasuga
8th Aug 2013, 08:13
Wonder if the Monopolies comission will get involved ?, as this takeover will give Swissport a very large chunk of the Uk handling.
They may find that they have to sell off some assets before the takeover is approved , look at BAA.

It would only take one of their competitors to complain. :cool:

aergid
8th Aug 2013, 10:48
750xl & Towteam

I didnt see Circusair shed tears when BMI binned their handlers to Aviance or Ringway to whereever or Aviance to wherever....:hmm:
You lot sat on yer unionised asses and laughed because it would never happen to the mighty Billy SMART's Circusair...:ugh:
Well it is happening and tbh it isnt before time.....:E

As to the fact you have to lower yoursleves to common name calling derives back to the neanderthal thinking that got the ever famous contract undercutting company to be sold out in the first place....:=

Oh and the sun always shines but dont worry lads I look after myself....:cool::cool::cool:

tgwu stn
9th Aug 2013, 16:37
The facts are the employers hold all aces these days and you can see why they do with people around like aergid who seem to delight in other peoples downfall.
T U P E is good as long as you ALL stick together, the employer has to give you 3 months notice to change your T & C then you can record a failure to agree and there will be a series of meetings after which you either take them on ie strike, overtime ban and work to rule or you agree to the change and accept new T & C.:=

If you all stick together you will win the day but be warned they will try and pick you off one at a time and the Managers will be working hard to undermind any action you might take.
If you agree to change you do not have to wait for three months notice, this happened years ago when Servisair lost the GO contract to Swissport and some Ramp guys agreed a change for a new job title of Team Leader and were getting less money than the Ramp guys who stayed on their Servisair contract.:ugh:

Be careful aergid what wish for what goes around comes around.:D

Good luck to all Servisair employees stay strong.:ok:

TOWTEAMBASE
9th Aug 2013, 22:39
Well said tgwu. His/her day will come. Nobody sat and laughed at the aviance buyout, we might have some banner about it, but yet again, Christmas is going to be ruined for a large number of ground staff, whether it be through redundancy, or change of contract on less money. Only people like aergid sit back and publicly laugh in people's faces. Just a shame I won't knowingly be there when its his/her turn

FMCTEMPEST
15th Aug 2013, 18:09
Question: if I was on a servisair contract then tuped across to Menzies still on my servisair contract 4 years later but now servisair been bought by swissport where do I stand????

tgwu stn
17th Aug 2013, 15:42
FMCTEMPEST

As i said in my post dated 9th August,any company can change an employees contract, but must give the employee 3 months notice or they will be in breach of contract.
If you agree to change of contract no notice is required.

Read my post dated 9th August covers all the points.

My advice would be give your Union Officer a call, if your Shop Steward is not much help.
If your in a strong position take the company on, but something you need to think about is, will there be any redundancies as result of the buyout if so they may get rid of the most expensive employees, unfair i know, but those are your options in my view.

Hope this helps, good luck all Servisair employees, looks like your between a rock and hard place.:ugh:

aergid
23rd Aug 2013, 06:58
Sorry guys if you think I am sitting in some Ivory Tower somewhere, but i have been there twice with the companies i already mentioned.

I knew alot of servisair guys who openly laughed at us:ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch:...

Oh and when the TGWU & GMB got involved it was a total clusterf***k:ugh:.

Good luck guys but eventually you will find it aint that bad on the Dark Side.....

Now that you are off your high horses take an impartial look at Servisair and you can see why it was so vulnerable to a takeover. It is a Dinosaur which was run by a glorified Binman:rolleyes: it doesnt take a genius:ok:

Burnie5204
9th Sep 2013, 06:34
Well I've just been talking to one of the ramp hands at Servisair and apparently Swissport have made a new offer of a fairly decent rise to the hourly rate BUT includes an overtime buyout for the first however-many hours.

sat1
9th Sep 2013, 12:01
BUT includes an overtime buyout for the first however-many hours.
Last edited by Burnie5204; 9th Sep 2013 at 07:35.

Care to explain this in a bit more detail?

Burnie5204
9th Sep 2013, 20:27
I have no idea of the specifics but it normally means that they say 'we will give you a generous pay pack on the understanding that you will not be paid for the first X number of hours overtime you do'

I didnt get chance to ask about specifics as it was Slot 1 departures and the guy had to get to anothet aircraft.

tgwu stn
10th Sep 2013, 14:57
To all staff affected WARNING if you are being offered something that is as one poster put it generous it means you are losing in another way.

Look at all the offer and not take the short term view.

The first question i would asking is overtime compulsory?
Check your contract and what is being offered you may have cover late inbounds or when a manager says so on a flat rate at 2am in the morning, if this the case may not seem so generous six months down the line and its too late and you have accepted the offer, but you can't find anyone who will admit to it.
Management may well word it a reasonable amount or for operation needs which pretty much covers everything and they will have you working flat rate overtime or not being paid at all, for a small increase in your hourly rate.
Companies only offer their employees something which means there it more in it for them than you.
The company is not going offer you something which will cost them more someone has worked out there is a saving for them but at what cost to you !
You will have Management lackies running around telling everyone what a good deal it is,double agents in smoking hut(i know who you are) reporting back.
You always get a few people taking a short term view and the first to moan six months down the line and will not admit they accepted it, we already having one poster saying its generous without knowing all the details.
You do not have roll over and accept the offer remember if stick together you will get a better deal Management will have lackies out trying to split you, i refer you to read my previous posts on this subject.
I work in the industry and know what goes on at management level and on and staff levels,don't blame poor old Shop Steward that is doing the job because no one else will do it and no one had the B:mad:s to do it

Good luck together you are stronger and stick together.:ok:

kasuga
23rd Sep 2013, 09:01
Apparently the takeover has been referred to the european monopolies comission, however, management apparently think that the deal will be approved and go ahead at the end of this year ???

aergid
23rd Sep 2013, 11:51
The monopolies commission are looking at certain Airports eg NCL where SWP would be the only major GHA if the buyout went ahead...

I think the buyout is a done deal with a few issues to iron out tbh...:suspect:

Also beware of Wolves in Sheeps clothing as I said in previous posts certain Unions will tell you this and that but when push comes to shove they will just toe the line and say 'its the best yer gonna get guys'.....:(:(

STN Ramp Rat
23rd Sep 2013, 18:58
Apparently the takeover has been referred to the european monopolies
comission, however, management apparently think that the deal will be approved
and go ahead at the end of this year ???

I heard that Swissport had referred themselves to the European Commission, primarily because of monopoly issues in the UK, this puts a slightly different spin on it.

DICK DASTERDLY
24th Sep 2013, 19:16
Work for Servisair for past 10 years as a ramp trainer,I'm worried about the takeover by swissport I've heard they will not keep our terms and conditions as it's not a tupe transfer,,my question is , do they pay less money and if I had the chance of a job with Menzies should I bail out now ,before it's too late.bit worried about the future with swissport. Advice would be helpful

kasuga
25th Sep 2013, 08:58
The referral to the monopolies comission is not always straight forward, as they can approve the takeover and then months later will investigate the company after claims that they have "too big a share" of the relevant market.:ok:

tgwu stn
25th Sep 2013, 09:48
Dick Dasterdly

Read my previous posts on this subject which will answer your questions.
The employer has to give the employee 3 months notice to change your T & C's.
Then you either agree to the change or put it in dispute.
Regarding should you bail out only you can answer that,you may be entitled to redundancy(only if you have employed for over two years) if there is not job for after the takeover.
Something else you may want consider is if you bail out is any better than staying where you are, my experience is all handling agents are all very much the same.

:ugh:Give your fulltime Union officer a ring and they will advise you.

Dropline
25th Sep 2013, 19:14
Dick Dasterdly

Who told you it's not a TUPE transfer? If it goes ahead then it will be.

DICK DASTERDLY
25th Sep 2013, 19:32
We were told by our union reps that because of the way the takeover is being done,something to do with a share buy out,we would not get the tupe transfer,it's a good way for companies to get round this.we were told they will look at people's contracts further down the line.basically they offer you a new swissport contract if you don't want it then it's bye bye,no second chance.i would like to know what swissport pay their ramp guys as an hourly rate to compeer.people say Servisair are the best payers ,I'm finding that hard to believe.

750XL
26th Sep 2013, 01:10
I can't talk for that far up north, but at MAN...

Average Swissport loader is between £7.00-£7.80 flat rate.
Average Servisair loader is between £8.00-£9.00 flat rate.

Difference being Servisair staff get various extra payments, shift pay, night pay, sick pay etc etc, Swissport staff get a flat rate regardless of hours worked.

Someone worked it out and worked out about 20% less a year at swissport

Dropline
26th Sep 2013, 04:48
DIck Dasterdly

That's interesting - we've been told by our Union that it will be a TUPE transfer. If you google "TUPE transfer" it would appear that this is a clear case where TUPE would apply.

BSARTL
26th Sep 2013, 12:28
TUPE does not apply to:

transfers by share take-over because, when a company's shares are sold to new shareholders, there is no transfer of the business: the same company continues to be the employer

We were also told by our union rep it was a share take over which meant all staff would be transfered to begin with & that the company contuines the operate as normal. As the servisair brand stil exists & basically swissport would own the same as Derichebourg does now. We all know that the company trys to negotiate new T&Cs for our contracts thats nothing new, just look at our pay talks. Also it being a share buy out instead cash buy out, meants swissport would not pay compension on all the handling contracts. That would be cancelled if servisair was the close business. Its that time of year where rumours will fly til the two companies meet to discuss the issue of transfer,etc.

Dropline
26th Sep 2013, 14:48
Swissport are not just buying the shares. They will take over the running of the business just as Servisair did when they bought Aviance, otherwise what is the point?
The Swissport website press release says "Swissport to acquire Servisair" and refers to the benefits of "combining the two companies".

STN Ramp Rat
26th Sep 2013, 22:35
OK to be clear.......

The acquisition of Servisair by Swissport will not be a TUPEtransfer as it’s a share transfer

“transfers by share take-over because, when a company's shares are sold to new shareholders, there is no transfer of the business: the same company continues to be the employer”

The subsequent merger of Servisair into Swissport should be a TUPE transfer but Iam sure they will try to avoid this if they can

noBS
27th Sep 2013, 08:49
Of course it will be a TUPE transfer, Servisair has been sold to swissport, exactly the same as when Servisair bought Aviance. There is no wriggle room.

I would suggetst those involved make themselves familiar with Contract Law.

Dropline
27th Sep 2013, 14:58
Where are you getting this information from and do you have it in writing from either your Union (which one btw?) or Servisair. The memo we were issued advised us that if Swissport do get approval to buy Servisair it would be considered a TUPE transfer.

Capt Wannabe
28th Sep 2013, 20:47
From ACAS Website:

TUPE does not apply to:

- Transfers by share take-over because, when a company's shares are sold to new shareholders, there is no transfer of the business: the same company continues to be the employer

STN Ramp Rat
28th Sep 2013, 21:04
From ACAS Website:

TUPE does not apply to:

- Transfers by
share take-over because, when a company's shares are sold to new shareholders,
there is no transfer of the business: the same company continues to be the
employer

hence my posting above, the purchase of Servisair by Swissport will not be TUPE. The merger of Servisair into Swissport later should be TUPE

tgwu stn
29th Sep 2013, 14:34
In my view if its TUPE or not the same applies, need to give three months notice to change an employees contract, unless you agree the change.
If you disagree to the change you can put it in dispute.
This should be dealt with by your full -time Union Officer not by what someone has said down the smoking hut :ugh:

If it is a TUPE transfer the employer will still try and get you on a new contract but remember you do not have agree depends if you have any B:mad:ks or not !

noBS
29th Sep 2013, 18:29
If it is a TUPE transfer the employer will still try and get you on a new contract but remember you do not have agree depends if you have any Bhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gifks or not !

Well said

Dropline
30th Sep 2013, 17:27
Also from the ACAS website.

Transfer of undertakings (TUPE)

Key points

TUPE applies when an undertaking or part of it is transferred from one employer to another where:

all or part of a sole trader's business or partnership is sold or otherwise transferred
a company, or part of it, is bought or acquired by another (if the second company buys or acquires the assets and then runs the business rather than acquiring the shares only)
two companies cease to exist and combine to form a third
a contract to provide goods or services is transferred in circumstances which amount to the transfer of a business or undertaking to a new employer.

Swissport are buying Servisair to consolidate and expand their position in the global ground handling market not as part of some investment portfolio. STN Ramp Rat and Dick Dasterdly I notice you still can't provide anything in writing from either your Union or Servisair to back up what you are saying. Servisair has changed ownership at least twice since I've worked there but both times our employer remained unchanged and the only changes were minor uniform alterations and new ID cards (Globeground, Penauille, then back to Servisair). This time however we will all become Swissport employees hence TUPE will apply. Swissport will want to run the business themselves.

DICK DASTERDLY
30th Sep 2013, 20:07
Your right we have nothing in writing because we have been told very little,our full time rep told us that tupe would not apply,however it's no surprise that we are all being told different stuff.will the union and the workers all stick together when the time comes,no chance we never do which is why we have never had a pay rise for years.the management know they can do what they want and they will.seen it all before it's like when the company proposes new shift patterns,the union shout a lot but in the end tell us we should just accept them.when this all happens we all need to stick together it's the only way.ive just got a bad feeling about the whole thing,let's face it they are not gonna turn round and say here we think you should all have a pay rise,hope I'm wrong.pretty sure we will be the last to know anyway.

STN Ramp Rat
30th Sep 2013, 20:55
and from my side I maintain what I said, Servisair will be acquired by Swissport through a share transfer hence no TUPE, I then expect them to close Servisair and merge it into Swissport hence TUPE.

kasuga
17th Oct 2013, 09:21
Any updates ?, it seems to have gone very quiet, the latest "unofficial" heresay that we had from management that the deal would be finalised by the end of the year and that the integration would be a gradual process.

kasuga
17th Oct 2013, 09:36
Link on the manchester forum about swissport staff at 4 UK airports voting for industrial action over pay :confused::=

STN Ramp Rat
19th Oct 2013, 16:18
Any updates ?, it seems to have gone very quiet, the latest "unofficial"
heresay that we had from management that the deal would be finalised by the end
of the year and that the integration would be a gradual process.

from what I hear its due to be settled one side or other of Christmas and the integration should be quick. The only reason this came into the public domain when it did was that there will be a "change of control" clause in some of the Servisair contracts. That clause would have required them to advise the customers at the start of due diligence. if it were not for that then they would not have let everyone know.

Capt Wannabe
19th Oct 2013, 21:41
Surely the DD was completed before the public announcement in July?

BSARTL
24th Nov 2013, 17:48
Anyone got a news on this subject? Heard rumors the deal should be completed before xmas. Prior to the easy contracts servisair won at BRS, LPL & BFS, we may still work for servisair. However a new uniform could be coming our way.

kasuga
25th Nov 2013, 07:33
Rumour doing rounds that may have changed from a takeover to "a new buisness venture", :confused:

irish-ramper
26th Nov 2013, 14:57
Does anybody have any idea about the current romour that the swissport take over of servisair is not going to happen? I 've heard that the competition ruling body has not cleared it and that Dnata has stepped in and bought it instead??????????:confused::confused::confused:

Airfrance7
26th Nov 2013, 15:21
The Deadline for Swissport to purchase Servisair is 4th December 2013.

kasuga
27th Nov 2013, 10:17
Af7 where has that date come from ??

Scott C
27th Nov 2013, 10:28
I hope it happens soon as Servisair are a pain in the a*** at BHX!

We can never find any chocks or cones when setting up a stand to meet aircraft, only to see Servisair tugs and EBT's driving round with them stacked on the back! - The cones even say 'Menzies Aviation' and have Blue tape on them!

Airfrance7
27th Nov 2013, 11:04
Kasuga

in.reuters.com

BHD2BFS
30th Nov 2013, 16:02
Anyone know what pay / hourly rate is at swissport compared to Servisair?

kasuga
1st Dec 2013, 17:30
swissport offered concessions

I wonder if swissport have offered to sell/pull out of some of their less profitable stations to satisfy the EU Competitions comission ?, looks like no decision this year.:rolleyes:

irish-ramper
3rd Dec 2013, 09:56
Looks like the competition body has said no to the take over??? := Does anybody know what the concessions they have offered? Most likely they'll sell off other airports to other handlers to keep the competition!

irish-ramper
3rd Dec 2013, 09:57
Looks like the competition body has said no to the take over??? := :D Does anybody know what the concessions they have offered? Most likely they'll sell off other airports to other handlers to keep the competition!

kasuga
3rd Dec 2013, 11:31
In most cases like this the competitions comittee eventually approve the takeover, however, the company involved (swissport) usually has to sell off some assets in order that they do not dominate the market, also, even after the deal has gone through the comittee can still order them to sell off even more assets.
and its not always their poorly performing assets that they sell off, as they are nominated by the comittee. Interesting times ahead yet :ok:

legalize
5th Dec 2013, 09:33
Was announced to all swissport bhx staff yesterday that swisspirt bhx only sell go up for sale in January 2014.

STN Ramp Rat
5th Dec 2013, 17:51
It would appear that Swissport have agreed to sell a number of stations to an "active competitor" in order to get clearance for the deal. The details of the stations concerned are not yet in the public domain.

kasuga
5th Dec 2013, 23:27
I presume that when you state "swissport bhx" to go up for sale that you mean just the present swiisport operation ?

Interesting times ahead at bhx, obviously they are one of the "concessions" offered to placate the comission ?, also gla/ncl ??

wonder who could be in the running to come into bhx, would have thought menzies will not be considered as they would then monopolize ground handling at bhx, so dnata a posibility, or asig, wfs ?? :confused::ok:

BSARTL
8th Dec 2013, 12:52
Anymore news on which stations the monopolies commission said, they must sell once the merger is completed. Heard a few rumours that the ground handling company Asig UK, may takeover certain locations. Should all be completed come 18th of December, change is coming.

the voice of reason
8th Dec 2013, 14:17
Servisair LGW will be sold as well as Servisair NCL. Swissport will sell off BHX.

STN Ramp Rat
8th Dec 2013, 15:48
It will take some time for the stations to be disposed of, they have to go to "an active competitor". I don't believe the sale process has started and nor do I believe it will delay the takeover of Servisair.

kasuga
9th Dec 2013, 09:03
Strange situation at BHX, servisair staff will become swissport and the present swissport staff will move across to whichever company buys them :confused:

no doubt swissport will ensure that their best management personnel remain with them.

will be interesting what will happen to swissport/servisair contracts, will they automatically move across ??:eek:

legalize
9th Dec 2013, 16:31
Thats strange. How does that work. Servisair become swissport. WHat happens to the existing Swissport staff then. Tupe to the new company?

So the servisair staff who become swissport, who will they be working for?

DCS99
11th Dec 2013, 15:17
"Servisair become swissport. WHat happens to the existing Swissport staff then. Tupe to the new company?

So the servisair staff who become swissport, who will they be working for? "

I am reminded of The Life of Brian and the Judean People's Front or the People's Front of Judea scene :):)

Good luck to all - name me someone in Europe who has not been bought, sold, bankrupted, outsourced or offshored in Aviation and I buy you drinks.
I have. All of the above.

groundhogbhx
14th Dec 2013, 12:47
Word on the grapevine is that dnata are to buy Swissport BHX, apparently all agreed and ready to go.

legalize
14th Dec 2013, 21:22
I have also heard the same and apparently meetings have taken place. Seems like dnata are also happy to take the current swissport staff but the stumbling block is the current swissport managers. Dnata want to bring in their own management team as they are well aware of the poor standards of the current swissport management team.

STN Ramp Rat
15th Dec 2013, 08:40
Legalise
I have no idea about DNATA, although my personal view is that I would be surprised is a deal has been put together so quickly. but I can say with some certainty that your other comments have no semblance of truth to them. When a company is bought the entire company is bought and that includes all the staff working for the company at the time and all the contracts they have. The new owners can then do what they want (within the law) as they own the company.

Regarding your earlier comments about how does it work.

Purchaser “A” buys Swissport including all the staff and all the contracts and they rebrand it as company “A”

Swissport acquire Servisair at BHX including all the staff and all the contracts and rebrand it as Swissport.

If you are handled by company Swissport you will be handled by company "A" and if you are handled by Servisair you will be handled by Swissport.
I am sure there must be some small print in any deal about how long it is before Swissport can approach any of their former customers who are now with company A as they will obviously have a lot of proprietary information about these contracts.

kasuga
15th Dec 2013, 15:49
Think the "dnata buying swissport bhx" is just a strong rumour, would be very suprised if wfs/asig do not try and get a foothold in bhx with this opportunity.

legalize, thats a bit harsh regarding bhx swissport management, personally I have heard good reports. ;)

groundhogbhx
16th Dec 2013, 15:16
Kasuga, the info came from a Swissport employee. Apparently that is the last update they had. It wouldn't surprise me as dnata in the UK has at least one former MAS/Aviance director that used to be based in Argosy, which is incidentally where dnata Cargo are!

Maybe this is being driven from Dubai, after all they have already taken over the EK cargo from Servisair Cargo so maybe the rest of the EK handling will follow next time the contract is due for renewal.

Scott C
16th Dec 2013, 15:37
I have heard that at BHX, Swissport are taking over Servisair, only then to be sold to dnata.

I believe dnata have also secured the Emirates contract once the current contract with Servisair expires...

legalize
17th Dec 2013, 00:29
Kasuga, think we will have to agree to disagree. If the management were that good why do swissport have the highest turnover of senior management from all the HA? I think it will be a good thing if the new company do not take senior management as it is time for a change.

kasuga
17th Dec 2013, 07:37
With all this "rumour" of dnata possibly moving into BHX, just as a matter of interest do dnata handle Emirates at LHR /MAN ??

groundhogbhx
17th Dec 2013, 07:51
I believe they do at LHR, possible not all but some, and didn't know dnata were in MAN yet. Also it isn't a possibility they will move into BHX, they are already there handling cargo so buying the current Swissport operation is the next logical step!

750XL
17th Dec 2013, 11:38
Swissport handle EK at MAN, Dnata are only cargo.

Habana2118
17th Dec 2013, 13:00
So with all the rumours pointing towards Dnata at BHX - anyone know if the LGW and NCL Servisair stations will be sold to Dnata too? Would give them a significant presence in the uk and a strong global competitor to swisspirt and Menzies...

Burnie5204
17th Dec 2013, 13:09
《Ignore》《Deleted》

I got confused by the talk of Dnata doing cargo and takeovers of swissport pax contracts

irish-ramper
19th Dec 2013, 16:41
Dnata handle all EK flights at LHR, currently the cargo is handled by Servisair but when the contract is up again Dnata will take it over.

BHX Dnata do just the Cargo, But it looks like they'll take ramp at LGW and NCL as well as thats where the compition body has the concerns about Swissport/Servisair take over deal.

Interesting few weeks and months ahead.:D:D:D

Captain Caveman
21st Dec 2013, 18:21
EU Commission state that it cannot be sold to a present handler in that station (IE that counts Menzies out for BHX and LGW) neither can it be sold to "XYZ ltd" and brought back by Swissport for 10 years...

Dnata is just a rumour but no doubt interested. It cannot be a done deal behind the scenes (not allowed) It must formally go to a tender / sale process - this is underway.....Some stations are loss making. Would someone take all 3? Can someone take all 3 if they are present at one station already ? No!

May be a few shocks along the way.... ?? In my opinion, they will be taken on separately.

:)

legalize
23rd Dec 2013, 00:08
Having spoken to a few people over a few christmas drinks wth some BIA staff, WFS seem to be the favorites to take over Swissport BHX. DNATA dont see swissport as a money making operation at BHX and have concerns that a lot of their contracts are up for renewal soon and swissport know the ins and outs of the contract details.

How true these facts from drunken staff, I dont know..:O

STN Ramp Rat
24th Dec 2013, 11:22
Swissport finalises acquisition of Servisair - Lloyd's Loading List (http://www.lloydsll.com/freight-directory/air/swissport-finalises-acquisition-of-servisair/20018090554.htm;.49f4d07bb55175180e5453a50ae76331b9143bfd#.U rl69TaYbIU)

Airport ground handler Swissport has finalised the 100% acquisition of counterpart Servisair, owned by French corporate services group, Derichebourg.

The value of the transaction has not been disclosed.

In August, the Zurich-based group had announced that it had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Servisair.

All required regulatory approvals were obtained before closing.

"The acquisition is an essential part of Swissport ìs growth strategy. Our customers will benefit from the enlarged global network, the increased portfolio of value- added services, the combined operational excellence and the consistent service quality worldwide”, said Per H. Utnegaard, Group President and CEO of Swissport International.

“We are very much looking forward to welcoming the employees from Servisair and to combine the strengths of Servisair and Swissport,” he added.

The integration of Servisair into the Swissair group will begin next month and is expected to be completed during the course of 2014.

With the closing, Swissport, owned by European private equity firm, PAI Partners, now employs more than 55,000 personnel, and the group’s network exceeds 255 stations in 46 countries.

It has 700 client-companies and generates an annual consolidated operating revenue of CHF3 billion.

Following the acquisition of Servisair, Swissport will operate from 120 warehouses worldwide and move an estimated 4 million tonnes of cargo annually.

TOWTEAMBASE
3rd Jan 2014, 16:09
So....is this the last weekend of Servisair ?

750XL
3rd Jan 2014, 23:12
Has anyone actually been told anything? :*

kasuga
4th Jan 2014, 09:15
Only info at BHX is from union, who state that it may take 6 to 9 months for the sale of the present swissport operation at Bhx to be completed, the present Servisair structure/management should remain in place, talks re contracts and t & c's are ongoing.

as expected there are a few rumours bouncing around :

1. Dnata are buying the present Swissport op at bhx

2. Asig as above

3.Dnata are not interested in swissport and want to buy the servisair op at bhx :confused:

No information as yet from the management of swissport/servisair, it looks like an interesting and possibly challenging year ahead at BHX :eek:

TOWTEAMBASE
4th Jan 2014, 09:29
Is this the way Swissport intend to do business, it's a shocking state of affairs. Somebody somewhere knows something !!!!

speedbird_481_papa
5th Jan 2014, 16:10
apparently starts at bristol on the 22JAN, the same day menzies looses their contract with EZY

The mushrooms
5th Jan 2014, 19:07
In all this talk about the take over, there has not been even one comment about the MT departments.
Apparently Swissport don't operate an MT department, it's all sub out so what's going to happen to us? We have families and bills like everyone else on here.:\

TOWTEAMBASE
5th Jan 2014, 20:32
Check out the Swissport website, says more will be revealed from the 7th

750XL
7th Jan 2014, 12:12
Anymore info yet?

groundagent
7th Jan 2014, 12:38
The mushroomsWhat about us?
In all this talk about the take over, there has not been even one comment about the MT departments.
Apparently Swissport don't operate an MT department, it's all sub out so what's going to happen to us? We have families and bills like everyone else on here.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wibble.gif

No reason TUPE shouldn't apply to their third party provider. I believe this is what happened when Aviance TUPE'd to Menzies in LHR, the Aviance MT department TUPE'd to TCR. Thats my understanding, so fingers crossed for you.

GA

TOWTEAMBASE
7th Jan 2014, 16:47
There will be no tupee for anyone, as suggested a few months back

750XL
7th Jan 2014, 17:16
Good to see the announcement we were promised today hasn't happened :ugh:

TOWTEAMBASE
7th Jan 2014, 17:20
It was........as long as you looked at the Servisair website :-o.......,,unbelievable way for staff to find out. Downhill from here

750XL
7th Jan 2014, 17:36
So the 'We are now Swissport' notice was the further info :suspect:?

750XL
7th Jan 2014, 17:52
There's been some subtle changes on the Swissport website.

Swissport MAN station manager is now the 'old' Servisair station manager

Swissport MAN ops phone numbers are now the 'old' Servisair ones

Are Swissport being merged into Servisair at MAN :}

TOWTEAMBASE
7th Jan 2014, 18:04
Looks that way. DMS have a new name too

750XL
7th Jan 2014, 18:22
What's that?

Servisair website doesn't appear to be up anymore either!

http://www.servisair.com/

750XL
7th Jan 2014, 18:46
Good to see they're communicating well to their employees :}:}:}:}:}

backtrack_32
7th Jan 2014, 18:52
Just a quick question... Does any one know what will happen to the smaller stations like LBA, BRS.. will they just get rebranded and continue operation or could they scrap them all together and let another agent move in?

TOWTEAMBASE
7th Jan 2014, 19:23
No stations are expected to close

BSARTL
7th Jan 2014, 19:23
I would imagine that all stations big or small will be rebranded, as for BRS it will become a big station again as Easyjet return to servisair. Lets all wait & see when our new uniform arrive, all stations will be reviewed & those not making profit could be sold off. However its very early days yet, lets hope more news will follow in the coming days......

TOWTEAMBASE
7th Jan 2014, 19:30
More news!!!!!! SOME news would be nice :-)

STN Ramp Rat
7th Jan 2014, 19:49
TOWTEAMBASE is correct, if you worked for Servisair then you still work for Servisair until they change your contract, even if you business is branded as Swissport it is legally Servisair until they change the employee contracts, its the same with the customers they will be contracted to Servisair until their contracts are changed. I am sure Swissport have a plan for this although it does sound like they have not communicated it well to the staff by the sound of it.

TOWTEAMBASE
7th Jan 2014, 20:45
Website back up and running, can't see any difference at first glance !

TOWTEAMBASE
7th Jan 2014, 21:31
Looks like they have amalgamated the locations

speedbird_481_papa
8th Jan 2014, 06:52
Has TUPE law changed recently then to protect the employer rather than the employee? Because TUPE isn't happening at BRS either for everyone having to join servisair/swissport in a fortnight from menzies. Very trying times here at BRS at the moment! :ugh:

TOWTEAMBASE
8th Jan 2014, 07:09
It has to be a certain percentage of the work lost to be tupe, the Servisair/Swissport reason is because its shares bought rather than company bought as per the aviance buy out

BRSOL
8th Jan 2014, 08:30
I would think a very high percentage of Menzies work at Brs was with Easyjet, they do very little else. Who gets to make the decision when companies cannot agree? What a messed up start to 2014.

TOWTEAMBASE
8th Jan 2014, 08:35
Past experience has shown the company taking over put up a fight not to tupe, and the company losing the work put up a case FOR tupe

speedbird_481_papa
8th Jan 2014, 10:18
this might well be a discussion for a different thread as I feel I may be moving this off topic a bit but TOWTEAMBASE that is EXACTLY ehat is happening at BRS! Menzies are adamant that TUPE applies but Servisair will 'acknowledge the principles of TUPE' for only certain staff, such as Check-in agents and ramp agents, but not full TUPE.

Actually I will start this in a new thread because there are some questions I think will apply to other stations in the same situation as us here in BRS.

Regards

Speedbird

SCANDIC
8th Jan 2014, 16:29
Would there ever be a chance of menzies being taken over in the future.

TOWTEAMBASE
8th Jan 2014, 16:59
Lets put it like this, at STN, Swissport have taken German wings from them, possibly followed by Pegasus , that leaves them with not a great deal. So here at least, there is every chance that could happen.

SCANDIC
8th Jan 2014, 17:16
I work at the Manchester base for Menzies.

TOWTEAMBASE
8th Jan 2014, 18:06
It was just for example scandic,

SCANDIC
8th Jan 2014, 20:05
okey dokey

dms1
9th Jan 2014, 18:16
DMS staff are still not getting told anything even though Servisair staff
have been welcomed to Swissport.

On DMS website the name flightcare muiltiservices will have to wait and see.

kasuga
10th Jan 2014, 09:04
A "welcome to swissport" memo has been posted at BHX and question and answer sessions arranged for staff next week.
understand that the present swissport staff at BHX have been "ring fenced" and will all be transferred to the new buyer.

All servisair management/staff will remain in place.uniforms and rebranding slowtime ??

legalize
10th Jan 2014, 21:28
So what happens to the existing Swissport management if they dont fit in with the new companies structure or the new company bring in their own management team.

Lets be honest, the current swissport management team from DM upwards are not the brightest sparks are they.

aergid
13th Jan 2014, 04:55
So what happens to the existing Swissport management if they dont fit in with the new companies structure or the new company bring in their own management team.

Lets be honest, the current swissport management team from DM upwards are not the brightest sparks are they.

With a name like legalize, you sail very close to the wind my friend.

There will be changes at all stations over the next few months, and tbh for the better.

:mad:If and its an if at this point SWP at BHX is to be sold off:=, the key staff of the current SWP will not go to another GHA. The new SWP will make room for certain staff I am sure.:mad:

kasuga
13th Jan 2014, 09:17
Aergid, think you are missing the point, the monopolies comission have agreed to the takeover "provided" that certain Swissport/Servisair stations are sold off and Swissport BHX are one of those .

Unless you are privy to some insider knowledge that something else is on the cards such as the "Dnata want to buy the present Servisair operation at BHX " rumour :confused:

Captain Caveman
14th Jan 2014, 20:08
Closing date for first round of non binding offers is this Friday, 17 Jan. Some looking at individual, some for all 3 stations. They will be reviewed next week before being invited or not invited in some cases to round 2..... Interesting times, I should imagine no one knows which way it will go. Rumours of a done deal with Dnata behind the scenes are or anyone else is :mad: The EU commission are watching this like a hawk....

TOWTEAMBASE
15th Jan 2014, 16:18
Almost as quiet on here as it is in reality !!

aergid
16th Jan 2014, 04:07
Announcing it had approved the deal Thursday, the Commission said: “The clearance is conditional upon the divestment of Swissport’s ground handling activities at Birmingham airport and Servisair’s ground handling activities at Helsinki, London Gatwick and Newcastle airports.”

Having worked at HEL and LGW for a time, the HEL Servisair Operation will probably go to one of the Scandanavian Handling Agents who already operate elsewhere in Finland. It isnt a big Airside Operation anyway with if I remember SAS & LOT being handled by them (SWP handle Finnair in HEL and its a huge hub).

As for LGW I am not sure who are now already there but ASIG &/or DNATA maybe???

NCL will get palmed off easy enough as it isnt a big Servisair operation which leaves BHX SWP Operation which again is not the biggest will probably again go to ASIG or DNATA...
I still say the core of SWP BHX staff will find themsleves on Ex-Servisair Contracts beofre the sell off (cherry picked as they say)....

BTW to all the current Servisair staff, I have been told life in Red isnt so bad ;) Embrace the future and forget the past :ok:

I am glad I am out of that rat race now btw:zzz::zzz::zzz:

kasuga
16th Jan 2014, 08:27
Apparently, servisair staff have attended briefings to update them, however, still not much info coming thru.
they will not be rebranded to swissport for at least a few weeks yet, the same for uniforms.no info on contracts and t&c's.

according to a Swissport manager, they have all been "ringfenced" to be employed by buyer and that includes senior management at Bhx, which I must admit is surprising as personally I would transfer my best assets before the sale.

Swp at bhx will be branded as "newco" until taken over to avoid any confusion.

watch this space....:sad:

Captain Caveman
16th Jan 2014, 09:28
It is easy to find out - take a look on companies house, Birmingham Handling Newco Ltd was formed on 10/01/14 all of the Swissport BHX operation ( That is the old Swissport handling TK, AI, TCX, LX etc....) will be transferred to this company ready for a sale. Again, if you look at the EU Commission report NOTHING can be transferred to the new Swissport (Servisair) no staff, no equipment - nothing. Old Swissport BHX has be ring fenced / transferred to Birmingham Handling New Ltd as it trades today. If people want to transfer to the new Swissport this is not allowed and not offered. You simply have to apply for new jobs as and when they arise with the new Swissport (Servisair) Transferring of "best assets" if they had any ? cannot be allowed either and against the EU Commission ruling on the takeover.

Ludde
16th Jan 2014, 11:47
It isnt a big Airside Operation anyway with if I remember SAS & LOT being handled by them (SWP handle Finnair in HEL and its a huge hub).
It is a big ops in HEL right now. DY,KL an a lot more. SK is with ISS but that is up for grabs JUN14.
Who will be the buyer is very open as the Nordic Handling agent s are very busy with their integration into Aviator and SAS GH into SWP so I do wonder who will emerge as the buyer!

legalize
16th Jan 2014, 22:02
Kasuga

Somehow I dont think the management are are the best asset. The best asset is the workforce below them.

Personally I think they have been looking for an opportunity to offload the poor management team there from Dm's upwards as they have done nothing but spoil the company with their poor decisions. Now finally they have an opportunity to get rid of this dead wood and bring in the professional servisair management to run the bigger company.

Captain Caveman
17th Jan 2014, 09:46
Leaglize - Swissport had no choice in matter of offloading the old Swissport and therefore the management as well.. They have no choice either but take on the new swissport i.e Servisair management they were told to do this by the EU Commission so not a "by choice" thing or an excuse as they do not want the Old Swissport people. I would not be surprised if a few of the old Swissport people end up at the new Swissport as when jobs come up ? That will be the way the old swissport will get rid of staff or redundancy when New co is brought, if who ever buys new co offers or wants to reduce staffing levels.

TOWTEAMBASE
17th Jan 2014, 22:46
Call me cynical, but is it just a coincidence these airlines are jumping ship since Swissport came on the scene. First emirates, then virgin, and now Qatar and GSS. (I know GSS is a different kettle of fish),and if QR do take over the GSS routes......will they go to Swissport, or will dnata move in and set up shop !!

legalize
20th Jan 2014, 14:35
Any news on potential buyers from the 1st round bids?

TOWTEAMBASE
22nd Jan 2014, 08:30
That will be a no then :-)

snakey247gj
22nd Jan 2014, 09:05
Never have I known a company treat it's employees as badly as Swissport!!...certainly at BHX

Info regarding the buyout is next to nothing often finding things out through other sources, a leaked memo to head office staff telling them to not communicate any info to affected stations is probably why, whilst servisair staff are getting welcome packs??

The swp management are horrendously corrupt, it's all based on who likes who..

Staff that were Tupped to Menzies when they lost flybe went across with their t&cs only for those left behind to be told there overtime is now at flat rate??..the union there being so weak they never challenged it...

And then the staff that have been working hard making the company what it is get dropped like that!!!! Finding out by chance your now called Newco or something.

I think the swp staff are lucky to be getting out and having new owners.

Good luck Servisair!!!

Loadhamster
22nd Jan 2014, 20:29
Having worked at HEL and LGW for a time, the HEL Servisair Operation will probably go to one of the Scandanavian Handling Agents who already operate elsewhere in Finland. It isnt a big Airside Operation anyway with if I remember SAS & LOT being handled by them (SWP handle Finnair in HEL and its a huge hub).
As already said Servisair at Helsinki has a great part of the airlines flying there. Eg. Norwegian, Turkish Airlines, British Airways, KLM, JAL, AirBaltic, Aeroflot, Belavia, Corendon, LOT, the whole TUI-group including Tuifly, Tuifly Nordic, Thomson, ex Arkefly etc. I might have forgotten some but I think I've made my point clear that Servisair is a big operator in Helsinki nowadays. :)

Captain Caveman
22nd Jan 2014, 20:58
Newco is just temporary so it all can be separated from main Swissport for sale.

My bet is within a couple of months it will be ASIG, WFS or Dnata etc.....

It just needs separating and sold and this is the quickest and easiest way to do it.

legalize
23rd Jan 2014, 13:16
Seems like SWP senior management have decided to wipe their hands of the staff below them and concentrate on securing their own jobs. Its funny how they are happy to chat with Servisair staff over coffee in costa but when their own staf ask them for information they know nothing!!:ugh::ugh:

legalize
23rd Jan 2014, 13:26
@captaincaveman

ASIG have no intention to go into handling which is why they are pulling out of cleaning as well as they want to leave BHX totally. Wfs, Dnata and gate aviation are the more likely options. A lot of gates senior managment are ex BHX so would have the knowledge of how the operation runs. They have also tried previously to get into bhx but were not able to due to 3 handling agents already operating.

STN Ramp Rat
23rd Jan 2014, 14:49
Legalize

you don't half talk some s**t

http://www.asig.com/press-releases/details?id=881

ASIG are expanding their handling in the UK, I have no idea if they are interested in the stations to be disposed of but they are certainly not leaving handling in the UK

Captain Caveman
23rd Jan 2014, 15:49
Legalize as above and they have just gone full GH @ MAN with KL/AF I do believe.................:ugh:

TOWTEAMBASE
23rd Jan 2014, 17:25
They bought the gate de-icing operation everywhere except STN, gate are now a catering company

legalize
23rd Jan 2014, 23:17
@Bell end, sorry towbase and @gayman, sorry caveman

If you read the post you will see I mentioned BHX. :ugh::ugh:

Why would ASIG give up their premises and everything else which they are doing at BHX, if they were going to go into ground handling and then fork out the costs again.

TOWTEAMBASE
24th Jan 2014, 07:07
To cut back on the dead wood, get rid of unnecessary overheads and start from scratch maybe, it's been done before

kasuga
24th Jan 2014, 09:11
Legalize. The ASIG offices at BHX are relatively small, and would be inadequate for the "newco" ground handling operation, also they have recently lost a major cleaning contract with ZB, also the LH contract is just about to finish, so why not concentrate on ground handling :confused:

ps....no need to be rude to individuals if your opinion is challenged ;):ok:

750XL
24th Jan 2014, 11:59
The current Swissport head office in Birmingham is to close in 2014, with the Servisair Runcorn head office running both companies.

Sounds to me that Servisair are taking over Swissport :}

TOWTEAMBASE
24th Jan 2014, 21:01
Thank you kasuga

Sounds like @cockboy sorry legalize may be a disgruntled Swissport employee

kasuga
25th Jan 2014, 09:29
750xl, looking at the new list of top management of swissport/uk 60 % are ex servisair execs...so you are not far wrong..:ok:

750XL
25th Jan 2014, 12:45
I feel sorry for all current Servisair employees with the uncertainty regarding job security and the complete lack of info from any management regarding the takeover.

I also feel sorry for those at BHX head office who have been told that by the end of the year they'll be no more. I doubt most of them could afford to relocate to Runcorn

legalize
27th Jan 2014, 12:58
I actually think that servisair got the better end of the del and have more job security then the old Swissport staff.

Is it true that if no one comes in and buys old swissport they will be closed and work shared out between menzies and new swissport?

TheFlyingHandbag
29th Jan 2014, 14:12
Can honestly say that I have gleaned more info about the takeover from this thread than anything from Management. Seems that the Maint hierarchy have well and truly taken cover . . . . .

legalize
1st Feb 2014, 20:59
Latest rumour from BIA staff is that 3 companies have shown interest in buying Swissport BHX but no formal offer has been put forward. The biggest issue is that some airlines that Swissport currently handle have hinted that they would be leaving once contracts end.

legalize
7th Feb 2014, 23:02
If the rumour that Menzies have won Monarch is true that is a big blow for servisair. Also I hear that Swiss and Turkish are getting worried with regards to the sale as no one has shown interest and have raised their concerns with the old swissport.

STN Ramp Rat
8th Feb 2014, 07:39
Legalize

Your posting of the 1st February said three people were interested, your post of the 8th February says no one is interested. There are bound to be lots of rumours around and it will not do your blood pressure any good to believe them.
Swissport has been told to dispose of one of the companies in Birmingham “to an active competitor” and they have chosen Swissport. They have no option but to dispose of Swissport even if they have to pay someone to take it off their hands, It will be sold.

legalize
8th Feb 2014, 13:46
The 3 that were interested have all pulled out as they were not happy with certain things. At this stage I cant say to much though.

kasuga
8th Feb 2014, 23:25
That makes a change as You usually say too much :ok:

CVTDog
9th Feb 2014, 11:54
Have Menzies mad a bit for and got the contract for Monarch ?

legalize
12th Feb 2014, 16:55
Caught up with an old Servisair friend today who confirmed Menzies have won the Monarch contract and also that Thomas cook will be signing with Menzies in the next few weeks.

I honestly believe that Menzies will struggle with all this extra workload.

SouthDerbyshire1969
12th Feb 2014, 18:25
Which stations though? i know that Servisair (Swissport) EMA have Thomas Cook for another 3years as there was a memo about it last Saturday.

No word on Monarch yet though

legalize
13th Feb 2014, 14:35
Monarch is a 2 station deal for bhx and ltn. TCX is only at bhx.

Bigbluebroxi
13th Feb 2014, 18:13
TCX have stayed with Servisair.Swissport for another 3 years at GLA.

Only KLM still to be confiemd now and things will be fairly secure, job wise, for the forseeable future hopefully.

kasuga
18th Feb 2014, 18:05
With this takeover by Swissport, what will happen to Smart handling as they were an offshoot from servisair....
A spurious memo had appeared at bhx stating that menzies had got zb contract wef 25 mar 14, but still awaiting confirmation, if true its going to be a nightmare summer for menzies at bhx :ok:

Call Established
18th Feb 2014, 18:36
Affirm - the rumour is true, 2 station deal at LTN and BHX for Menzies and ZB.

No TUPE from Servisair involved at BHX, so just over a month to recruit, train and pass up I would expect circa 80 staff for 9 based aircraft, all with a wave of slot one departures, inexperienced staff as a lot will be straight from outside the industry, unless they get a lot of applicants from Swissport old and Swissport new, which I cannot see many jumping ship??

Ouch - few headaches med thinks ....

legalize
19th Feb 2014, 22:30
Looks like our Airfield ops guys will be issuing a lot of fines!:ok::ok:

aergid
20th Feb 2014, 11:49
Untrained/inexperienced staff nothing new for Menzies that :oh:

legalize
21st Feb 2014, 00:36
Worrying times for Swissport BHX. Looking more likely that no one wants to buy them!

Captain Caveman
21st Feb 2014, 12:30
They have done a couple of presentations as part of round 2 to potential investors with another next week to an interested party.....

By hook or by crook it has to go to someone, as it cannot be closed down under the EU Commission rules... I just hope the crook part doesn't apply ;-0

750XL
27th Feb 2014, 11:10
Well it didn't take long for Swissport MAN to **** on the Servisair staff from a great height :ouch:

harer92
27th Feb 2014, 13:11
Any chance of elaborating on that 750XL ?

Well it didn't take long for Swissport MAN to **** on the Servisair staff from a great height

Trash 'n' Navs
27th Feb 2014, 21:40
By hook or by crook it has to go to someone, as it cannot be closed down under the EU Commission rules
Caveman,

Not quite true. EU Directive only says you can't restrict the market - if the market can't sustain more than 1, then 1 is all you get.

BTW, EU Directive isn't binding - the UK Airports (Groundhandling) Regulations 1997 are.

aergid
28th Feb 2014, 08:59
750XL/ Well it didn't take long for Swissport MAN to **** on the Servisair staff from a great height :ouch:

During any GHA integration there is going to be some hostilities one way or the other especially when one GHA is trying to incorporate its Policies & Procedures into another established GHA.:ugh:

Give this time and everyone will never remeber a time when they were seperate entites except for the good old times stories in the Ramp crewroom.....;)

I have seen it many times not just SWP & SA.

Having been at MAN and remembering the Aviance integration of BMI Handling & Gatwick Handling - The collapse of Ringway and all their GSE with makeshift Servisair logos (how do you think the ex-ringway staff felt then???) - Flight Support disappearing into Menzies Handling - Groundstar morphing into Swissport UK - Globeground (T1&3) and Servisair (T2) (never understood what actually happened there lol), the list is endless (apologies for any I have missed).

Its swings and roundabouts. As long as your salary goes into the bank each and every month does it really matter the colour of your uniform and who deposited it????

The ones who's asses are doing the fifty pence twenty pence dance are the managers of both companies (SWP & SA) :eek: :sad: :\ but thats the name of the game in GHA management....

legalize
28th Feb 2014, 14:22
WFS are no longer in the running to purchase old Swissport due to financial issues.

It really does not look good now for the old swissport staff. You got to feel for the staff there as they have been done over big time again!

750XL
28th Feb 2014, 22:10
Its swings and roundabouts. As long as your salary goes into the bank each and every month does it really matter the colour of your uniform and who deposited it????

That's exactly the problem :ok:

legalize
6th Mar 2014, 21:58
Potential buyers for old Swissport are now down to 1 due to others pulling out. No idea who the 1 is though at this stage. hopefully will be sorted out soon.

Call Established
7th Mar 2014, 07:57
Well im surprised at only 1 for old Swissport perhaps others do not see the potential or they know something the 1 does not..... interesting though, I suppose in a way that's good news for the staff as not sure what would happen if it was never offloaded ?? I understood it cannot be closed.....

Habana2118
7th Mar 2014, 17:21
Any news about the ex Servisair LGW and NCL stations?

Call Established
10th Mar 2014, 20:26
@Legalize any idea on who is now in the running for BHX ?

legalize
17th Mar 2014, 00:19
Looks like the takeover has come to a stalemate. Ex swissport staff not being told anything now and it seems like no real interest or bids have been made. Even the last potential buyer seems to have not got back to swissport.

kasuga
18th Mar 2014, 10:25
As the monopolies comission has made it clear that the ex swissport operation at BHX must be sold, I would imagine that any prospective buyer is holding off until the selling price drops to rock bottom and will scoop it up.:ok:

legalize
31st Mar 2014, 15:27
Heard a rumour today that the management of the old Swissport have been told that all potential buyers have pulled out as they don't see it as a profitable business.

Can any staff on here confirm this? If it is true then this is probably the worst case scenario for the staff. Also where would this leave the airlines who are handled by them?

Captain Caveman
31st Mar 2014, 16:26
I have been told offers for all 3 stations as one and one for BHX on its own are with the EU Commission for rubber stamping. Think an issue at LGW is holding things up, I heard one carrier does not want to go with the Newco thing at LGW

legalize
31st Mar 2014, 21:21
@captcaveman

At BHX Swiss have told newco that they will not go to them so it could be them at LGW if they handle them there.

Captain Caveman
1st Apr 2014, 12:35
Possibly, I am not sure to be honest. I hope all is sorted soon for everyone's benefit etc...

Captain Caveman
10th Apr 2014, 17:48
Rumour has it all 3 sold to one buyer, announcement shortly - deal to be co concluded ASAP "within weeks" :ok: don't shoot the messenger !

kasuga
11th Apr 2014, 08:08
Yes, according to "Newco" staff they were told yesterday that they had been bought, could it be a coincidence that DNATA are advertising on their website for "multi-skilled ground handling operatives " at BHX, NCL and EMA ??. interesting times ahead at BHX ;)

Habana2118
11th Apr 2014, 13:58
And the new company is Aviator of Scandinavia! Not what ppl were expecting, details on Swissport website

aergid
16th Apr 2014, 06:14
Swissport International Ltd. - News & Media Center - News Releases (http://www.swissport.com/nc/news-media-center/news-releases/news-detail/article/swissport-and-aviator-signed-binding-agreement-on-merger-remedies-divestment/)

Link to Aviator & Swissport agreement.

Aviator ? Finland (http://aviator.eu/locations/finland/)

Link to Aviator site..

Good luck with the new company guys. I have been told by some lads at HEl that it isnt a bad company to work for.

kasuga
19th Apr 2014, 08:15
Any truth to the rumour that "newco" at BHX has already been sold to a hedge fund ?
this would give credence to the rumour that Aviator just wanted HEL.

STN Ramp Rat
19th Apr 2014, 18:44
I think it very unlikely, the stations had to be sold to an active competitor, it they flipped it straight away then I am sure that this would breach the EU requirements and negate the sale. I suspect that they do actually want the UK business, they already have a big de-icing presence in the UK

TOWTEAMBASE
20th Apr 2014, 18:47
What stations do they de-ice at ?

STN Ramp Rat
20th Apr 2014, 18:49
Nordic Aero is part of Aviator Group

TOWTEAMBASE
22nd Apr 2014, 19:10
Do Nordic still exist, I thought they became gate ?

legalize
26th Apr 2014, 01:04
Most the BHX newco guys are pretty disappointed. They were hoping to be taken over by one of the big players to try and get some sort of job security.

Aviator are relatively unheard of in the UK and dont really offer much in terms of job security. Also will be interesting to see if they will bring their own management team in. A lot of the other parties who were interested had a big issue with inheriting a 'poor' management team who were only put into positions based upon who they knew rather than on merit. However saying that this seems to be a common issue at BHX!!

danylarmy
28th Apr 2014, 10:24
guys would any of you reach out a hand and help a fellow worker? we are trying to make a better roster for where I am should it be 3 on 3 off 4 on 4 off etc etc forward me your ramp ops front of house rosters if you can and let me show them so that our 2 earlys day off nightshift split shift day off early weeks can stop please [email protected]