PDA

View Full Version : Choosing between ATP or AVIATOR COLLEGE

nicolasbta
20th Jul 2013, 10:17
Hi Guys!
I'm deciding witch school choose to study my International Comercial Pilot Training in Florida..

I have 2 options ATP FLIGHT SCHOOL and AVIATOR COLLEGE...the price in the College is cheaper than ATP, and they offert 200 hours in Multi Engine...but ATP is a large school with a good name...

Somebody have had any experience with ATP or the College?
Witch do you think is the best option?

THANK YOU

cefey
20th Jul 2013, 23:39
ATP, hands down.
Out of my experience, I would not recommend Aviator even to my worst enemy. The school is good, manegment on the other hand...

And dont forget, for your EASA licenses, you need 100PIC and 50PIC XC.
The way Aviator do their training, you will not get enough hours for it. Every single ME-hours is dual and can not be counted as PIC.
So, if anything goes wrong and you will not get instructor time - prepare to buy 50-80hrs. Which will cost you another 5000-7000$.

2nd thing to consider, REAL cost of the training and advertised.

As I said, do your self a favour, do anything but Aviator.

B200Drvr
22nd Jul 2013, 08:45
Cefey, you are talking rubbish!!

I am a G550 Captain and did all my initial training at the Aviator like many American and International students. The reason it went from a small school to a fully fledged college is because they are good at what they do, and they are not greedy!!! They follow the letter of the law and have many EASA students that qualify every year. I got everything I paid for, as advertised, there were no hidden costs. Work hard, take your training seriously and you will get the same.!!!