PDA

View Full Version : Information on which schools in the U.S provides modular JAA Training.

mytan7
19th Jul 2013, 08:52
I am an aspiring pilot and was wondering if anybody could advise me on which good flight schools to train with in the U.S for my modular JAA training?

PigeonVoyageur
19th Jul 2013, 09:22
As somebody once posted on some other thread on pprune (I can't find it now), if you want to get a FAA licence, train in the US. If you want to get a JAA/EASA licence, train in Europe.

Again, as has been mentionned in a previous post, beware of schools in USA saying they offer JAA licences.

Euro american school of aviation suspended (http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/515345-euro-american-school-aviation-suspended.html)

BillieBob
19th Jul 2013, 10:50
which good flight schools to train with in the U.S for my modular JAA training? There are none. JAA licences (and, therefore, JAA training) no longer exist.

BigGrecian
19th Jul 2013, 12:29
There's only one place to check the official list :

EASA - FCL Organisations Approvals (http://www.easa.europa.eu/approvals-and-standardisation/organisation-approvals/FCL-organisations-approvals.php)

If you want to get a JAA/EASA licence, train in Europe.

Complete rubbish - thousands of employed pilots trained in the USA at EASA approved schools.

Even Oxford complete the majority oftheir training in the USA.

The statistics prove otherwise.

portos8
19th Jul 2013, 14:39
Under JAR's it was common for pilots to do the training in the US as JAR's were advisory.Now from April 2013,under EASA law, it becomes more and more difficult for FTO's (or ATO's) to keep offering EASA certified training in America.

Yes it is correct that generations of pilots were trained in the US for EU licenses, and are now enjoying flourishing careers on the continent. But from April this year that is not so easy anymore.

Besides that you will know for sure you will be doing a continuous program under Part FCL, you need not to worry your FTO is training you under FAA rules because they have lost their EASA certification. Many current students in the US strugle with that situation at the moment.

Correct, big schools outsource much of their JAR integrated training to organisations in the US and only do the IR/CPL in Europe. Some big organisations now though start bringing all the training back to the continent. KLM flightschool is one of them, possibly others will follow.
KLM flightschool decided to stop their training in the US and continue in Europe as the combination of offering integrated EASA training in FAA airspace proved too challenging and potentially illegal.

So avoid potential dissapointment and look for the best deal in Europe if you want to obtain an EASA fATPL.

BigGrecian
19th Jul 2013, 15:12
Still don't agree.

It's ridiculous to group all of the schools together. It's like grouping all schools in the UK together. There are some excellent schools in Florida which have good results, there are some awful EASA schools in the USA -and the bad ones are struggling just like in Europe.

At the end of the day that is your opinion but you'll find there are actually quite a few satellites schools opening up in Florida so that the majority of the flight training can be completed over seas, so what is happening in reality is an increase in EASA flight training in Florida.

Just check the EASA website for approved schools - do your research, and due diligence - it's not rocket science.

rahulras1993
21st Jul 2013, 00:18
I found that PAN AM academy does have a EASA program , which starts with flying and ground school in Florida and then IR in Europe.so Pan Am ProPilot airline pilot training programme (http://www.panampropilot.com/propilot.htm)

Hope this helps.

mytan7
21st Jul 2013, 06:59
Thank you very much for your help guys :)