PDA

View Full Version : Capt Alan Bones

catseye
19th Jul 2013, 06:41
For those who know Alan from either the ex Skippy jet association or Glider Guiders the following was received today........Will advise when further rx.

Some sad news to report. Alan Bones suffered a serious stroke last Sunday and is in a critical condition. A recovery of any sort is highly unlikely. Alan’s family have asked that we inform the gliding community. They have also asked that their privacy be respected at this very difficult time. Please do not call the family for further information. I will pass on any news that might be forthcoming.

Those of you in NSW particularly would know Alan as a cheery person always ready to help where needed. A very competent cross country pilot, Alan knew how to drive his Discus BM, ZAR. He was also on the tug roster at his home club at Bathurst.

Again, please don’t contact Alan’s family. They have enough on their plate without well meaning calls.

Tankengine
19th Jul 2013, 07:36
Thank you for the news, very sad.:(
I flew with Bonesy on the 767, 744 and in gliders.
He was one of the few Qantas guys at the time to retire early, he said that one night in the middle of nowhere he thought "wtf am I doing here?" and left to go on to better things, Hawksnest and Bathurst where he had his self launcher and caravan on site.
Many a red drunk!

RENURPP
19th Jul 2013, 09:16
he said that one night in the middle of nowhere he thought "wtf am I doing here?" and left to go on to better things, Hawksnest and Bathurst where he had his self launcher and caravan on site.
Many a red drunk!
Sounds like a man of similar thinking to me.

I wish him and his family well.

I wish I knew him.

LeadSled
20th Jul 2013, 07:35
Folks,
He was one of the smartest people I ever met in Qantas.
Let us all hope the medico's are being over conservative.
Tootle pip!!

catseye
27th Jul 2013, 09:16
Regret to advise Alan departed for higher flight levels on Friday without regaining conciousness.

For those who would like to attend, Alan’s funeral will be held at St Johns church, Mona Vale at 11am Wednesday 31st. A request not to contact the family at this time as they have enough to deal with.

Catseye.