PDA

View Full Version : Learning about aircraft pilot and UAV pilot experience

AnnaJ
18th Jul 2013, 13:19
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and seeking to learn about aircraft pilot and UAV pilot experience, as it's related to my PhD. I'd be really interested in learning specifically about how pilots (both aircraft - commercial or enthusiast, and UAV) use and interact with the flight controls.

I'm seeking to learn specifically about
1) The technology in the cockpit (ie. how it's evolved, how it functions, how it "feels" to use)
2) Any description of how it "feels" to be a pilot in flight - the tensions, thrills, strains, sensory experience etc
3) How much you can "see" whilst in flight - blind-spots, how the technology on-board caters for this

I appreciate these questions may depend on each pilot's specific air-craft and role, and it's still very early days for the PhD, but I'd be really interested in talking to anyone with pilot experience who wouldn't mind discussing any of the above - either on this forum, or through a personal message. Thanks so much if you've read this, or are able to help at all. Let me know if you have any extra questions - I'd be more than happy to elaborate on any part of this!

Thanks again,
Anna