PDA

View Full Version : Young australian pilot to FAA licence wanted

dhavillandpilot
17th Jul 2013, 10:48
I am looking for a young Australian plot who holds and USA FAA licence with twin rating and IFR twin (although the IFR rating is not absolutely necessary).

Basically it is accompany me, non FAA licenced to fly US registered twin from Asia back to Australia.

And before anyone asks there is no payment but all expenses met. And hotel accommodation is 4 star as a minimum

The flight will take approximately 1 week. The Aircraft is a twin piston with a range of 1200nms and cruises at 200kts.

Anyone interested email me privately.

lilflyboy262...2
17th Jul 2013, 12:57
As most people wouldn't get this chance.... Who cares about payment? All expenses paid and the chance of a life time. If I had a FAA licence I'd do it in a heartbeat.

dhavillandpilot
17th Jul 2013, 14:24
Lets get something correct.

I am prepared to pay for a pilot, but if paying then it would be for an experienced pilot. Then off course I would pay the going rate.

For the record the aircraft owner is on board. The aircraft is properly insured and who ever takes the assignment would be indemnified against any claim.

It is simply that I don't have the required FAA licence and do not want to do anything that is in any event remotely illegal, be it a USA offence.

This forum seems to to one of negativity of people who sit in arm chairs and pontificate. Get out of the chairs and see this as an opportunity of a life time for a young pilot to experience some international flying that would go well on any resume when applying for a job.

The position is still open

the_rookie
17th Jul 2013, 14:40
And some paid for hours! Hear hear dehavillandpilot

tail wheel
17th Jul 2013, 16:56
If you are not interested in the offer don't comment!

If you are interested in the offer, caveat emptor.

:=

Jack Ranga
17th Jul 2013, 22:48
Mate of yours tailwheel? :cool:

tail wheel
17th Jul 2013, 22:52
Wouldn't know him/her from Adam - not that you will know as you can no longer find this thread! :mad:

privateer01
20th Jul 2013, 06:48
I have an FAA license.

Don't know if I qualify on the "young" part but under 45.

PM me some details.

gofish
20th Jul 2013, 06:59
I have Faa got about 20 yrs ago old paper one:) Dont know if that will do?

LeadSled
20th Jul 2013, 07:00
dehavilland pilot,
You should be able to get your Australian license validated for such an operation, likewise any other non-FAA licensed pilot who you might want to take along.
It is a really good idea to have somebody along who has some prior experience of such operations, they are not always straightforward.
Tootle pip!!

PS: This wouldn't be from Bangladesh, by any chance?

desert goat
20th Jul 2013, 08:41
Apologies in advance if I've got this wrong, but here goes-
I'm fairly sure that unlike a lot of countries, the USA does not require you to have an FAA license to pilot an N-reg aircraft, provided you are not in US airspace. Obviously don't take my word for it, but if you check with the FAA, you may find that you can do the job yourself, assuming you have the experience to do it safely.

pcx
20th Jul 2013, 09:14
I think that is correct, but you have to have a licence issued by the contracting state in which you are flying.
Not 100% sure about this though.

swh
20th Jul 2013, 09:52
dhavillandpilot

Check your PMs.

PCX,

Need a FAA licence to conduct international flights with an N registered aircraft, as well as a FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.

Gulfstreamaviator
20th Jul 2013, 11:08
Your brave young soul needs as just stated, an FAA Multi rating, and I would suggest Instrument current. FAA Restricted RT. Suitable medical.

Plus I would suggest a minimum of CPL.
As payment in kind counts as remuneration.

This type of work was my lifeblood for many years.

Are you planning VFR or IFR sectors.

A lot of water or a little over water, so survival kit accordingly. Life rafts, etc, etc.

Suitable maps, charts, GPS relevant data bases.

Advice re over-flight permits, as well as landing permissions needs clarification, for non scheduled traffic.

Maintenance of aircraft, spare parts carried, all need attention.

BUT have a great trip, and report back, when all the negative vibes have died down.

Feel free to PM, but there are plenty of more knowledgeable people much closer to you.

glf

dhavillandpilot
20th Jul 2013, 11:55
First of all thank you to all the responses.

In the end I obtained a licenced pilot from the US who is also a A & P. WHO IS BEING PAID AT THE CORRECT US RATE.

I would also like to thank those that gave advice.

For those that are interested it is not easy converting an Australian, or my British licence to a US one. The FAA could not be more helpful. BUT the problem is the TSA you need a background check which takes 8 weeks minimum.

To those that gave advice re clearances etc etc. we had already flown from Tennessee across the Atlantic thru Europe, Middle East into Asia, before we had an engine problem. The US pilot who accompanied us had to leave, hence the requirement.

Dhavilland Pilot

Horatio Leafblower
20th Jul 2013, 13:55
Dehavilland. They built those "Heron" thingies, didn't they?