PDA

View Full Version : Baloons accross the pond ?

Tinribs
16th Jul 2013, 15:20
Forum members may follow the progress of the brave fellow who is about to set off accross the Atlantic in a boat suspended beneath a number of helium weather baloons.

Long ago I might have fancied a trick like that but now I'll watch from the comfort of my house in Northumbria

A similar but less extended effort involved baloons and a deck chair.

sb_sfo
16th Jul 2013, 15:24
I seem to recall that the deck chair example also was equipped with a cooler for beer?

Una Due Tfc
16th Jul 2013, 15:26
He has to report ops normal by satphone every hour, so he's gonna need a few beers to keep his spirits up

douglasheld
16th Jul 2013, 15:31
snopes.com: Up, Up, and Away! (http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/walters.asp)

(minus the beer, I guess)

Yaw String
16th Jul 2013, 17:48
Tinribs,

Across the Atlantic in a bathtub?...Complete with Bootles the butler, and a crate of Gin n Tonic!....tempting?

diddy1234
17th Jul 2013, 15:15
If someone (was stupid enough) to do that in the UK, would they have been locked up for it ?

I bet if someone done it today they would have terrorist charges thrown at them.

I am not for or against it, if someone wants to try it then go for it.
I am just saying that :-
1. it would be silly to do it
2. the law would come down overly heavy on the person that did it.

Yaw String
28th Jul 2013, 02:05
"Hear hear Diddy"

Elf n safety wasn't invented for no reason...well, other than to take some of the fun out of daily life, oh, and maybe to leave people dying whilst "unqualified" rescuers look on in anguish!