PDA

View Full Version : Teheran

FlyMD
15th Jul 2013, 21:30
Gents,

Been a while since I'ven been in OIII, and last time was with airline, with station manager and everything organized..

Any remarks and advice appreciated especially conerning HOTAC, handling, services, catering, etc....

Thanks,

FlyMD

jetopa
16th Jul 2013, 09:11
There is a hotel on the south side of Keshavarz Boulevard, east of Laleh Park. That must be the first choice. It's nice, clean, within walking distance of almost everything in the city and it's safe. Forgot the name but everybody knows it. It's where diplomatic guests are going, too.

There are two other hotels in the north: the Azadi, which is very new, and the Parsian Evin, where, for instance, KLM crews are staying. They are definitely okay there but far away from everything. There is an outdoor pool just next to them, but it was closed last time I went there...

Catering I would get from the hotel. The quality of the food in this city is excellent and people are very friendly and helpful. Might prove to be difficult though to find some bacon, if your passengers want some...

Pappa Delta
16th Jul 2013, 10:32
I was there 2 times last year, and paid everything cash in US Dollars. Even the fuel. They did not accept any credit cards, which was something political. I don't know how it is now.

Capetonian
16th Jul 2013, 11:49
It's one of the most rewarding places I've been to. The people are lovely and welcoming, as is often the case with people who live under a repressive dictatorship, and it's very safe, at least from a security point of view, however driving and the roads are a very different matter. Horrific, specially considering the condition of many of the vehicles (due largely to sanctions.)

Eating out is not cheap, but it's good although there is not a huge variety.

International credit/debit cards are not accepted due to sanctions.

I stayed at the IranAir owned Homa Hotel on Khaddami Street near Vanak Square in the north of the city, it's the old Sheraton and was perfectly adequate in all respects with good service, but a little run down.

FlyMD
16th Jul 2013, 13:53
Thanks gents, we'll take plenty of Dollars and Euros then....

Appreciate it,

FlyMD

matkat
16th Jul 2013, 14:06
I echo the sentiments of previous posters, the hotels I stayed in Tehran were excellent as was the Oxin in Ahwaz, the food is excellent but as Capetonian says the driving is horrific and the traffic jams are some of the worst I have seen anywhere. Tehran is indeed a fascinating City and the people are very friendly.
Paying wise, dollars and euros work well, I only say that as they told me, the 18 months I spent there I only spent around £8 as the company I worked for paid everything until I got home. loved it:ok:

Johnny76
16th Jul 2013, 14:51
Hi FlyMD,

just sent you a PM.

Trim Stab
18th Jul 2013, 18:29
Indeed, one of the friendliest, safest and generally most pleasant places to visit in the Middle East.

donPablo
21st Jul 2013, 20:41
Stayed there 4 nts, we took Jetex to arrange everything, and didn't have to pay for anything... their local agent was great, and they booked Espinas hotel (ca. 130 USD/day), which I found great 5* (our pax stayed in the same,so...). For your private expenses it is good to have 30 USD/day.

No credit cards, anywhere...