PDA

View Full Version : Cobham Aviation - Engineering.

Pterois Volitans
11th Jul 2013, 08:20
Hi All,

Anyone got any info on Cobham for aircraft engineer employment they like to share? After things like pay & conditions/career opportunities/benefits. Anyone care to comment good or bad. Feel free to PM if you do not want to post.
Regards
PV.

DancingDog
11th Jul 2013, 12:47
http://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/agreements/fwa/AE899041.pdf
and
http://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/agreements/fwa/AE899041.pdf

Pay and conditions all in there, ones for scheduled engineering work the other for line maintenance employees.

Miles
16th Jul 2013, 06:02
Mate, if you can fix a crew seat you could well be in, just get to kalgoorlie with your tools. Nc1993 got diverted due to weather in ypph and low fuel, now grounded due to attendants seat! Lots of unhappy workers :-)

Miles
17th Jul 2013, 04:19
Actually, forget the tools- engineer flew down, signed the paperwork and we all got back seven hours later. The crew flew straight back on the next flight, much to the annoyance of the stranded pax. Another cobham classic:yuk:
Edited to add, the seat was not fixed- just signed for...

baron_beeza
17th Jul 2013, 05:42
A cabin crew seat. If it was not in the MEL and there was not a LAME rated on type available then yes it would be normal to have to fly one in. Even though the seat may not have been fixed it may also not be so unusual to require some maintenance activity prior to release. It all depends on how the manuals are written.

The rated on type LAME is the key, - without one of them some things just cannot happen.

I would have thought it may have been possible to operate the flight on a reduced pax/reduced crew scenario but again some things are not always as they appear. You would have to imagine that there was more to it all.

Pterois Volitans
23rd Jul 2013, 02:47
Thanks for the posts, but was after a little more information as to what the company is like to work for. The EBA gives me a good start for the T&C but really after the "workers" point of view?

Anyone else care to comment?

Pterois Volitans
27th Jul 2013, 06:06
Anyone else care to comment??? or I will let this thread go!:rolleyes:

cone zone
29th Jul 2013, 11:58
I have been with cobham for most of the last 14 years. Personally think that they are one of the better operators to work for.

Capn Bloggs
29th Jul 2013, 12:14
I have been with cobham for most of the last 14 years. Personally think that they are one of the better operators to work for.
Spirit for you next month! :}

Engineer_aus
30th Jul 2013, 11:16
Personally think that they are one of the better operators to work for

You must have had a pretty sheltered work life to think that. :p

2020Balance
30th Jul 2013, 12:26
Or a Sir Alan Cobham award nomination

cone zone
1st Aug 2013, 23:16
just saying it as I see it. Military, GA , special mission and airline experience so I guess I have a little bit of experience to base it on :p

I can feel those awards rolling in already :O