PDA

View Full Version : FAA Licence help needed...

Kelly Hopper
10th Jul 2013, 13:15
Sorry to ask this on Pprune but I need a little guidance from someone familiar with the way things work USA style.
I am presently trying to transfer a type rating from my JAR Licence to my FAA licence. I have gone though the process of getting my licence and ratings verified by the FAA and am now in the possession of the Verification Letter.
So what exactly do I do with this? An application has also been made on the IACRA website months ago but nothing heard back.
There are no guidance notes anywhere. Does anyone have experience of doing this and can offer some assistance?

Kelly Hopper
14th Jul 2013, 10:53
You can see the problem I have? No replies as no-one knows! A call to the FAA now then! :{

FerrypilotDK
14th Jul 2013, 14:03
Well, what I did, was a "previous experience" check-ride with FAA examiner. Full oral, then the check ride and no need to show a type rating course.

Your letter probably is what you need then to go for the check ride and oral.

I have also done it in the opposite direction, as long as you have 500 hours min on type.

MarkerInbound
14th Jul 2013, 21:12
Ferrypilot,

When did you do that? For about 10 years FAR 61.157(b) has said you need a record of ground and flight training and a logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor for a type rating. I can't find any reference to a "prior experience checkride" in the regs or on the FAA website.