PDA

View Full Version : Flying easy to Spain next week

Evanelpus
9th Jul 2013, 14:38
So, I've got the tickets and have already checked in on line with allocated seat numbers.

So, when I get to the airport, do I have to queue at one of the numbered kiosks or is there a bag drop somewhere in the terminal?

Sunnyjohn
9th Jul 2013, 15:05
Which airports are you flying from and to? Have you got Speedy Boarding? 'Bag Drop' is still just another name for check-in. If you only have carry-on luggage, you go straight to security. If you have hold luggage you go to the check-in desk. If you have SB, there's a dedicated SB desk. You show your online ticket and passport and your bags will be weighed, tagged and sent off to the bag-handling facility. You proceed to security with your liquids in a plastic bag, take all your ironmongery off and out of your pockets (I always remove my shoes without asking) and put it all in the tray together with your coat, cabin bag and laptop. If you're lucky, you'll go straight through and off you go. Good luck and enjoy Spain.

dazdaz1
9th Jul 2013, 15:23
Hope you booked seat row 10/a/b/c (A319) or other over wing emergency exit seating, loads of leg room. I've seen tall men cry in other seating. Have a great holiday never the less.

Evanelpus
9th Jul 2013, 15:23
Which airports are you flying from and to?

Sorry John, too little info as usual! I'm flying from Luton to Alicante. Not got speedy boarding or anything like that but did choose my seats when booking (don't think I had to pay either but it was quite a while ago).

Thanks for your answer and yes, I will have hold luggage so it's the queue for me.

Hope you booked seat row 10/a/b/c (A319)

Row 7 or 8 I think, no probs, I'm a short arse!!;)

wowzz
9th Jul 2013, 20:53
If you pre-booked your seats you will have paid a little extra, but at least you know where you will be sitting, and you won't have to endure the Ryanair 'scrum' !

BOAC
10th Jul 2013, 08:56
you won't have to endure the Ryanair 'scrum' ! - not quite sure of the relevance of that comment. I don't believe there is any 'scrum' during EJ boarding..

ExXB
10th Jul 2013, 09:27
I think there is a scrum on just about every airline, particularly on those that charge for checked luggage. Even with seat selection bin space is at a premium, particularly in the wintertime, and people want their bags nearby. Many, like me, are too cheap to pay for boarding priority.