PDA

View Full Version : Hevilift

Vc10Tail
4th Jul 2013, 11:35
Attention all traffic!

Any leads on Hevilft's recruiting emai? What are their minima? Their website uis not specific.Any bar stories to recount about Hevilift and camp life?

Cheers

Mach E Avelli
4th Jul 2013, 22:21
When they are in recruiting mode, in the past they have always advertised quite extensively on the AFAP website and in the Friday 'Australian'. Do some trawling through archives to find your contacts in HR. It is HR that drive recruiting, not the Chief Pilot. Unless things have changed dramatically, the CP has very little say in how the operation is actually run or who runs it.

Minima depends on what you are chasing. Rotary? Left seat Twotter? ATR-42? And what they can get at the time. Obviously they prefer if you are type-rated, because spending money on training is not their strong suit. Other than that, a functioning pulse seems to be their only other mandatory requirement. There are some very competent pilots there and some total cowboys. You will have to fly with them all.

Camp life is tolerable and reasonably secure. In the past touring time out for First Officers was a bit grim for the young and horny (it may have improved), but for Captains it is equal time on/off if that is what you want and in the past they would fly you home to almost anywhere in the world. The money is OK by most standards but taxed in PNG and in the past it always arrived on time.

The equipment and operational standards are, to put it kindly, somewhat less than compliant, and will remain so for as long as the regulatory authority lacks the will to put it right. To some extent, no operator can be completely blamed for a lack of compliance if it is known that such matters can't or won't be enforced. Therefore they are only getting away with whatever their competitors are also getting away with.

So, whether it's a good gig depends on how comfortable you are in such an environment.

chimbu warrior
5th Jul 2013, 00:19
Just got another ATR42 I see, plus another couple of Twin Otters (including new -400's) so things must be going well.

Desert Duck
5th Jul 2013, 03:06
They have a new CP - things will change

Mach E Avelli
5th Jul 2013, 06:12
DD the only likely thing that will change will be the post-holder name on the AOC, assuming that he is there long enough for due process to take place.

owen meaney
5th Jul 2013, 06:42
Indeed Machi, is the Jan way or the Hi way

Hows Pete M getting on these days?

Mach E Avelli
5th Jul 2013, 06:48
Last heard he left APNG and is flying King Airs for Tropic Air, I think. He may even be their CP.

Killer Loop
5th Jul 2013, 08:32
Saw PMG in International Departures, POM today (on his way down to Big Doug R's funeral, RIP) and he is extremely well and happy as the Chief at Tropic Air. Also had a chat with an HL Otter captain today and he said they were recruiting Otter captains. No idea about e mail addresses though.

geeup
3rd Aug 2013, 04:02
The head of HR has just been shown the door :ok:

Perhaps now the CP can hire & fire whoever he wants :)

Bewared however they do have a new policy "no moustaches". Now we are coming up to Movember a time honour HL tradition. Trouble could be brewing :sad:

macdonaldjames93
14th Sep 2013, 06:29
Anybody heard anything about a layoff rumour for the ATR boys is there any truth in this??

Killer Loop
14th Sep 2013, 08:17
Heard a couple of captains were "let go" about four weeks ago.

Soap Box Cowboy
19th Sep 2013, 12:47
Are they looking for crew for the ATR?

macdonaldjames93
16th Oct 2013, 04:43
Congratz to a former Hevilft ATR Capt that just got cleared to line on a B737 down under?
Does any one know if they Hevilift still hiring for the ATR? or even the Otter??

Ozavatar
16th Oct 2013, 07:15
Definitely a loss to Hevilift and a gain to new company . I do recall few good captains who somehow couldn't get through with the internal ongoing politics .

Good luck to him

Oz

geeup
31st Aug 2014, 08:44
Is HL looking for another CP? :sad:

chimbu warrior
31st Aug 2014, 09:50
Is HL looking for another CP?

Yes.

They have recently advertised for one.

Might have plenty of applicants from PX shortly.

Night Beetle
31st Aug 2014, 21:54
I am not sure that incoming CP's could be any better than the out going CP's

Do more with less,until your core reason for being there comes under the spot light.:ugh:

There has been so many "changes" over the years. Because that is good right?

The only thing that has not changed is where the problem is......

Mach E Avelli
1st Sep 2014, 06:36
Night Beetle, you got that right!

No one in their right mind would want to be at the helm as CP when the next fatal occurs. It's stressful enough just trying to run a compliant operation up there, so I can not imagine how bad it would be to be the scapegoat attending an inquest.
Not saying that the next fatal will be at Hevilift, but for sure there will be another one in PNG sometime fairly soon.

A CP in PNG these days would need to be paid about the same as Alan Joyce to make it worth the grief.

Duck Pilot
3rd Mar 2017, 08:18
Advertising for a Chief Pilot for those interested.

geeup
15th Mar 2018, 21:11
Sounds like they are looking for CP again....
Must be at least 12 in 6 years by now.

joe crazyhorse
16th Mar 2018, 00:52
Bring back "Feet".

Loud Handle
16th Mar 2018, 07:52
Advertising for a Chief Pilot for those interested.

.....and ATR CA, ATR FO, DHC-6 CA, DHC-6 FO, AW139 CA, AW139 FO and Bell 212 CA.....did I miss anything?......oh yes......ATR engineers and AW139 TRE’s.......anything else?....oh yes, a proper chef who can actually cook for the Hagen mess.

I wonder why there are so many vacancies? Hmmm, baffling.

TBM-Legend
17th Mar 2018, 00:55
What about their Brisbane/SE Qld base allegedly for RPT with ATR's. Heard they're moving CNS engineering down there too...

Killer Loop
17th Mar 2018, 08:11
It’s a conversion so you’ll have a PNG CPL/ATPL.....quick air law and IR exams, lots of shuffling of paper and buggering about and you are done.

geeup
17th Mar 2018, 21:04
Cessna95
The normal process;
1) C of V (certificate of validation) from your country of license. This will be valid for 3 months and you may have a maximum of 3.

2) Convert current license to PNG license. Pay some money and sit some exams.

The above will all be managed by your HR case manager or CP during the induction process.

Beauty about getting a new CP is he / she will also be going through the process and presumably out of depth. In the past not all CPs obtained PNG license as they didn’t make it past 3 months probation (or CofV period)

Some of the greatest self titled CPs have graced Hevilift with their short term presence often leaving it worse than they arrived.

gulliBell
18th Mar 2018, 01:54
Bring back "Feet".

Bring back "Dee Why"

Duck Pilot
19th Mar 2018, 09:31
Cessna95 I note that you have deleted your previous post however, why don’t you get on a plane and take a look for yourself, if you are serious and have the experience and right attitude they will probably give you a bed for the night in the mess.

If your a good guy, a Kiwi helicopter pilot might even buy you a beer.

In all seriousness, the water and hut comment that you deleted indicates to me that PNG isn’t the place for you...

Good luck.

inmate
24th Mar 2018, 04:27
What happened to Monty??? After all these years his leaving I thought would have at least merited an honorable mention. PM me if you would prefer.

vortex2
27th Mar 2018, 00:46
Whats the go with Hevilift Australia?

camel
10th Apr 2018, 01:34
Any info on Atr Capt t/c? thanks.

continueapproach737
10th Apr 2018, 02:03
Whats the go with Hevilift Australia?

Apart from kicking goals?

I know guys who've jumped from VA and loving the culture
Same for F/A's from Alliance....

I hear charter to Miles and Roma and RPT to Moranbah?

continueapproach737
10th Apr 2018, 03:26
i think you'll find they're operating services on behalf of another carrier

TBM-Legend
11th Apr 2018, 10:40
...the answer is VA

Twinpotts
19th May 2018, 10:24
Hi all,

Im interested in flying for Hevilift, I’m rated on DHC6 (EASA). I’m wondering if anyone out there is currently flying for them or knows anyone that would speak to me regarding Hevilift. I know they frequently post job adverts online but I’m not quite ready to move at the moment ( don’t want to leave my current employer in the high season). I just want to talk to someone about the possibility, what’s involved and even if they would be interested.
Regards
Tpot

Burleigh Effect
24th Feb 2019, 00:12
Hi all,

Im interested in flying for Hevilift, I’m rated on DHC6 (EASA). I’m wondering if anyone out there is currently flying for them or knows anyone that would speak to me regarding Hevilift. I know they frequently post job adverts online but I’m not quite ready to move at the moment ( don’t want to leave my current employer in the high season). I just want to talk to someone about the possibility, what’s involved and even if they would be interested.
Regards
Tpot

Hi Tpot

Did you ever get any response or find out any info?

’m in a similar position, they look like a great outfit but I’m still a few months from being in a position to ‘up-stumps’.

And before I get the usual ‘just write to them and ask’ responses, I’ve avoided this (and come here instead) because of all the companies I’ve written to trying to gain some further info only one has replied (thanks GAM). I understand that everyone is busy but am I being too naive to expect even just a template response?

And info or advice regarding Hevilift FW operations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

BE

geeup
24th Feb 2019, 21:31
Hevilift Australia or PNG?

Burleigh Effect
24th Feb 2019, 22:21
Hevilift Australia or PNG?
PNG would be the preference but any info on AUS would also be appreciated.

Cheers

BE

NWS Inop
25th Feb 2019, 03:46
I would also be interested in any information regarding PNG ops. I believe it's a 28/28 roster, but very curious about salary and how to navigate any tax issues.

Thanks in advance, PM welcome

Duck Pilot
25th Feb 2019, 06:13
Navigate tax issues in PNG? The only way to deal with it is to pay tax and you will get absolutely nothing back, no other solutions. Having said this, AON in PNG do provide a super fund that you can self contribute to which doesn’t attract tax although there are tax penalties if you take it out under certain circumstances. The Australian ATO also has a taxation treaty with PNG, suggest you get advise from a financial expert opposed to us pilots before getting to excited.

Interms of the company in question, good organisation, good aircraft and good pay and conditions in comparison to anything that you would get offered in Australia in my opinion. Just be aware that PNG isn’t for everyone, it can be quite challenging for some people for all sorts of reasons.

uhoh
25th Feb 2019, 06:25
PNG would be the preference but any info on AUS would also be appreciated.

Cheers

BE

the Hevilift Australia EBA is on the fwc website. Rather low salaries from what I could see!

Burleigh Effect
25th Feb 2019, 21:26
​​​​​Duck and uhoh, thanks for the info and perspective.

Cheers

BE

DynamicStall
25th Feb 2019, 22:16
the Hevilift Australia EBA is on the fwc website. Rather low salaries from what I could see!

Christ.. Just looked them up. Quite frankly an insult.

troppo
26th Feb 2019, 10:19
Christ.. Just looked them up. Quite frankly an insult.
regional/global employment market. plenty of Fiji citizens/nationals that have the same licence as a white fella that will work on these t&c's without whinging.
im not saying it's right or wrong. im just saying thats how it is

geeup
1st Mar 2019, 21:38
Was one of the best companies in the Pacific.
Has the potential to be the best but needs new upper management.
Look at the number of Chief Pilots in recent years, tells everybody something except CASA...
In saying the above I recommend having a go if you like an adventure.

wishiwasupthere
2nd Mar 2019, 01:47
$85k for an ATR captain, $145k for a jet captain?? No wonder they keep losing contracts out of Brisbane to the mob down the road, i’d be surprised how they manage to attract let alone retain anyone on a pittance like that!

Frightflyer
13th Dec 2019, 11:23
Has anyone been given start dates or head of anyone getting into Hevilift on the ATR's in the last 6 to 8 months?

geeup
13th Dec 2019, 23:14
PNG or Australia?

speed2020
14th Dec 2019, 22:45
Has anyone been given start dates or head of anyone getting into Hevilift on the ATR's in the last 6 to 8 months?

Would like to know as well please.
For both Aust and PNG.

Frightflyer
16th Dec 2019, 01:13
Same for both. They have advertised quite a few time since the start of the year.

Frightflyer
18th Feb 2020, 17:55
Anyone had invites for interviews recently?

beached az
18th Feb 2020, 20:08
Anyone had invites for interviews recently?

The silence is deafening :confused:

Kagamuga
19th Feb 2020, 02:22
There appears to be advertisements in the AFAP web site; on a continuing basis.
The law of the land (the Government) specifies a minimum age and minimum number of flight hours for foreign employees for a pilot position in PNG.
This is designed to allow PNG national's the opportunity to obtain a position.

Flydawg
21st Feb 2020, 10:28
They are advertising for both Australia and PNG almost every few months, would be nice to know if anyone has been interviewed.

geeup
21st Feb 2020, 19:50
Do they do interviews? It’s GA.

Has anyone tried circumventing HR?

PNG is the starting point not Australia.

There have been more CPs then I could count however my advice is to call and ask to speak to the current one.

kjvmw
22nd Feb 2020, 00:09
I know of someone who was offered an interview and Sim check in Brisbane mid January.

Frightflyer
22nd Feb 2020, 10:24
I know of someone who was offered an interview and Sim check in Brisbane mid January.
That's interesting do you know what experience they had, just curious as to what they look for.

kjvmw
23rd Feb 2020, 02:26
~1500 total with 500 multi and ATPL credit, no multi crew or night hours.

Frightflyer
23rd Feb 2020, 07:00
~1500 total with 500 multi and ATPL credit, no multi crew or night hours.
he they get thru the interview.

kjvmw
23rd Feb 2020, 11:48
She didn't attend.

Frightflyer
25th Feb 2020, 07:54
She didn't attend.
O would have been nice to get some info about the interview. I'll keep looking :ugh:.

Frightflyer
26th Mar 2020, 04:59
Hevilift have advertised again? Wonder how they will induct pilots to line without a sim in Australia.

Mumbai Merlin
26th Mar 2020, 05:55
Easy to induct...
CASA exemption and do the checks in the aircraft; they way it used to be done!

master_beta
26th Mar 2020, 11:23
Will be interesting to see how they go with the social spacing on the ATR and the mining flights. No doubt the mining companies are becoming pedantic with all the cases in QLD so far...

geeup
26th Mar 2020, 20:35
No flying in PNG for another 12 days and it will be extended.

What’s wrong with the ATR sim in Brisbane?

Otters have always been done in the aircraft.

Current state of aviation I should imagine HL is inundated with CVs

Flying Horsey
27th Mar 2020, 08:50
Will be interesting to see how they go with the social spacing on the ATR and the mining flights. No doubt the mining companies are becoming pedantic with all the cases in QLD so far...

Flew with them yesterday. Only half the seats are being used ie. all the window seats so no one in the aisle seats. Tape lines on the ground at check in & security to maintain the social distancing.