PDA

View Full Version : Sloane Ibiza

Anthony Supplebottom
2nd Jul 2013, 09:42
First there was Sloane Mallorca - now there's Sloane Ibiza:

Sloane Helicopters launches Ibiza-based service | Helihub - the Helicopter Industry Data Source (http://helihub.com/2013/07/02/sloane-helicopters-launches-ibiza-based-service/)

Chief Pilot, Jonny Greenall, says, "We’ve enjoyed a fabulous 18 years in Mallorca as the leading commercially licensed helicopter Company offering sightseeing tours and pilot training, but now we want to give Ibiza the attention it deserves.

DirtDiver
2nd Jul 2013, 12:53
That is a nice place to get you helicopter training :)

tony 1969
5th Jul 2013, 10:21
It certainly is :-)

Grenville Fortescue
5th Jul 2013, 10:45
That is a nice place to get you helicopter training

If you are a young man then maybe.

My daughter wanted to go to Ibiza with some of her friends when she was around 22. After hearing what goes on there I forbade her and I'm very glad I did because one of these same friends of hers ended-up being admitted to a local hospital after someone evidently spiked her drink with some illegal substance.

helihub
5th Jul 2013, 16:05
Grenville Fortescue - please don't tar us all with that brush! There are more desirable and less desirable parts of any location. Would you ban your daughter from going to London just because a soldier was murdered in Woolwich some weeks back?

If you were/are still trying to control your daughter at 22, then perhaps you are a "helicopter parent".. you seem to have missed the opportunity of explaining rights/wrongs, risks/etc in the previous 21 years. No, I'm not condoning what happened to her friend(s), far from it, but if we wrap our kids in cotton wool and don't let them fail etc then we are doing them a disservice.

DirtDiver
5th Jul 2013, 16:30
True, but i was talking about the nature nice beach etc.

Not about the abusive alcohol and party use.

I can understand that you forbid your daughter to go there.

Aucky
7th Jul 2013, 07:55
Sounds great, just don't go to 'San Antoni', not been there myself but it's where all the undesirables go. The East and North of the island are superb, lovely villas, secluded beaches, and no doubt lovely aerial views :ok:

Torquetalk
7th Jul 2013, 10:38
My sister had her drink spiked while out for the evening in that den of iniquity Tunbridge Wells about a year back. Not being my daughter and faced with the unfortunate reality that she lives there, it was not within my powers to prevent her exposure to such evils.

Powerless, I took therapy and stuck ear plugs in my ears so I, at least, am not exposed to the real world. I am now doing well, thank you (or so they tell me).

To put things in proportion, the same sister was actually put at much greater risk by the utterly incompetent and spineless conduct of an an ambulance crew following a recent accident.

TT

Good luck with Ibiza Johnny :ok:

Dick Sanford
14th Aug 2013, 16:48
Congratulations to you all at Sloane. Was it 18 years ago David? Those American marines got a bit of a shock. Still remember those cheese and marmite sandwiches, 'o' and remind me of the meaning of IFR!
Keep your RPM in the green.
Very best wishes to all.
Dick.