PDA

View Full Version : Execujet South Africa

tempesta
1st Jul 2013, 16:07
hi guys,
i'm leaving Europe and moving to South Africa,
currently I'm Flying for the Italian military and i'm holding a CPL with an ATR 42 TR, but would like to switch to biz jets since Airline jobs in SA are not very accessible , especially for a white expat,

SO anyone knows EXEcujet SA and their terms?

or anyone could suggest a good stable company?

Thanks a lot!:ok:

I.R.PIRATE
1st Jul 2013, 21:13
All I can say is good luck.

You're going to need a SACAA ATP, jet time, and some serious contacts for the big birds.

You could perhaps get a slot on the TP side with King Air or PC12, if there are no locals suitable for the jobs that come up every few years.

What's the work permit situation there now? I have no idea. I know the SA corporate market is tighter than a frog's ass in water.

tempesta
2nd Jul 2013, 10:00
thanks mate, working on the conversion, pretty easy so far...work permit not a problem ..i'll be moving there primarily for heart related reasons;)
i don't mind working on the smaller A/c but coming from the mil i'll definitely aim for the big birds..
Any info about their paychecks , roster, upgrades? that would be really helpful!!
cheers:cool:

Joe le Taxi
2nd Jul 2013, 12:45
but coming from the mil i'll definitely aim for the big birds..
:confused:

Klimax
2nd Jul 2013, 14:04
Mate,

Just expect the unexpected for 2 reasons. 1. Its Africa. 2. Civilian GA. 1a. Obvious. 2a. "White" gloves are off here = no picture perfect airplanes or rank system to make things work "your way" = you will do the **** your self. Now, I've got a feeling that you think, that you're all up for that. Maybe you are = I hope you are. But thinking you come with a Nimrod or Tornado background and that will kick start you = you may be up for some negative head banging - especially in a rather fierce South African GA environment.

The good news is - that most pilots will welcome you - provided you bring on the "right" attitude - to a great aviation environment, outside the "mil".

Best of luck Bro'! :ok:

duxone
2nd Jul 2013, 22:20
....comin from mil.....:confused:

screwballburling
3rd Jul 2013, 06:35
No "white gloves" at Execujet??!! Being Southern hemisphere, you could have fooled me! The outfit is riddled with it.