PDA

View Full Version : All Current Airline Schemes

sean777
30th Jun 2013, 17:27
I apologise if this has already been covered but I couldn't find anything.

I was wondering how long all the current airline schemes will last (i.e. Easyjet MPL, Monarch Wings, BA FPP)

I understand these schemes have now stopped accepting applications but will they open for more applications next year?

I'm currently in my first year of sixth form having just completed my AS-Levels and hoping to continue on for A2 studies next year.

Is there any point in me planning upon applying for these schemes? I won't be 18 until August next year. My school/tutors are pressuring me for a meticulous plan that I will follow to pursue my dream of being an airline pilot and other than hoping to apply for any potential schemes, I really don't have much else.

Bealzebub
30th Jun 2013, 17:50
It is always a minefield attempting to predict the supply and demand curves into future dates. There are simply too many variables that can come into play. However, if you take a broad brush approach and temper it with cautionary caveats, there are some reasonable assumptions.

There is almost certainly going to be a significant expansion of the MPL programmes, and to that end, and based on forecast projections, all of the airlines that are currently offering them are likely to continue doing so for the foreseeable future. These airlines are also likely to be joined by others who already run non-MPL cadet programmes.

Non-MPL cadet programmes run in conjunction with the larger FTO's who specialize in this training, are likely to grow in response to commercial demand from both their existing customer base, and new customers, although it is inevitable that much of this demand will gradually switch over to MPL as this is likely to be the growth market in the future.

Certainly in the case of the airlines you have mentioned, it is very likely that these programmes will continue to represent a significant part of their recruitment demand for the future, and given growth in their markets, the relative proportion of that recruitment demand is also likely to increase. As already mentioned, the methodology is likely to evolve towards the new competency based training regimes in relevant airline environments (MPL,) at an accelerating rate.