PDA

View Full Version : Aeros P2006T

Whiskey Bravo
28th Jun 2013, 12:38
Aero's at Gloucester is currently high on my list of places to complete CPL/ME/IR later in the year. Is anyone willing to share their recent experiences of the school?

Also, I am quite keen on using the Tecnam P2006T, the only concern I have is that their simulator is a Seneca, so it would appear that you lose the benefit of having an identical/similar cockpit/speeds etc. between the simulator and the aircraft. If anyone has any experience of doing this I'd be really grateful for your opinion.

Thanks.

MATT83
28th Jun 2013, 18:42
Hey..

I completed my CPL ME IR at Aeros and on the Tecnam P2006t. I can highly recommend them! I too had concerns about the different sim but it didnt make any difference at all. We just used all the tecnam power settings etc and when changing to the aircraft it was pretty seamless.

I was recommended to visit Aeros by a previous student of theirs and from day one of visiting them I was very impressed. By far the best flight training school I visited.

The Tecnam P2006T is a great aircraft and I loved flying it. Its practically brand new and I believe they have now got 2.

All of the aircraft are very well maintained and all the instructors are excellent. I got first time passes and have now just finished my TR for Ryanair. Aeros has got an excellent reputation and I know of at least 5 people who are now with Ryanair who trained through aeros.

Please do not hesitate to PM me if you want to ask any other questions but in my opinion there is no competition.

Whiskey Bravo
30th Jun 2013, 20:50
Thanks Matt, really appreciated.

slawek_s
2nd Jul 2013, 07:31
I totally agree with MATT83 - Seneca sim and P2006T real flying didn't cause any problems. Easy transition - Tecnam is easier to fly than Seneca. This way is even advantageous, because you familiarize with one more cockpit. The other way around would not be so easy.

Good luck WB!

Whiskey Bravo
2nd Jul 2013, 16:19
That's reassuring guys - thanks... Hopefully starting the IR in October, so should be plenty of real IMC :)

Golf India
11th Jul 2013, 12:56
Currently doing my PPL with aeros, they are great:) I will also follow it up with my CPL with aeros too.

GabitzU
25th Jul 2013, 08:07
I am also completing my PPL with Aeros at Coventry. It seems a pretty decent and quiet outfit, with good instructors. At least mine is very good. Also the airplanes are reasonable. It appears ok for commercial training too, although it is too early for me to think on this.