PDA

View Full Version : PPL Theory

dartman2
28th Jun 2013, 05:06
Can anybody recommend either an online or CD based PPL course (Aust).

Does anybody have experience with Online Aviation Theory.com?

Jabawocky
28th Jun 2013, 05:34
Seems to be a good source, I can't say thoroughly, but I can tell you that the author recently went to great lengths to add additional material on engine related matters.

I am in the process of editing this to help him out, he did an excellent first draft of it so there is only a little to do.

The fact he bothers to provide corrective material for that which you need to know wrong to pass exams is a rather unique thing. So for that I congratulate him.:ok:

CptRexKramer
6th May 2018, 09:14
Hello All,

About to sit the PPL exam in about a weeks time. Have been studying a subject a week for the last 6-7 weeks self study, i feel that reading all of the content again could be useless to me and am wondering if anyone else has some 'hot tips'. Should i make use of these well known practice exams and have a squiz over the areas im getting wrong? or would someone with experience recommend reading the books again? Im fresh and apologies if this is considered a stupid question..

Rex....

Gearupandorrf
6th May 2018, 11:03
Hi Rex,
I teach Theory full time from RPL through to ATPL so I'm well placed to give you some advice on your issue.

Firstly, reading the texts over and over again will be of lessening benefit the more you do it. The strategy that I use when working with my Students goes like this (let's assume we're talking PPL AGK):

1. Read the text for a particular topic (I.e: Carburettors),
2. Sit the relevant end of chapter review test.
3. Analyse the questions you got wrong, then go back and read the text that relates only to those topics.
Repeat this process until you've covered AGK.
4. Obtain some PPL practice exams that cover all subjects (like the real exam)- you can get these through publishers such as Rob Avery, ATC or Bob Tait. Sit these under realistic timed conditions..

Following this, repeat step 3.
Trust me- the system works!
Also, make sure that you cross check your knowledge against those in the Manual of Standards (MOS) in Schedule 3 of the CAR's- just to ensure that you've got all the bases covered for the Exam.

Feel free to PM me if you feel that you'd like some one on one tuition.

CptRexKramer
6th May 2018, 21:37
Hi Rex,
I teach Theory full time from RPL through to ATPL so I'm well placed to give you some advice on your issue.

Firstly, reading the texts over and over again will be of lessening benefit the more you do it. The strategy that I use when working with my Students goes like this (let's assume we're talking PPL AGK):

1. Read the text for a particular topic (I.e: Carburettors),
2. Sit the relevant end of chapter review test.
3. Analyse the questions you got wrong, then go back and read the text that relates only to those topics.
Repeat this process until you've covered AGK.
4. Obtain some PPL practice exams that cover all subjects (like the real exam)- you can get these through publishers such as Rob Avery, ATC or Bob Tait. Sit these under realistic timed conditions..

Following this, repeat step 3.
Trust me- the system works!
Also, make sure that you cross check your knowledge against those in the Manual of Standards (MOS) in Schedule 3 of the CAR's- just to ensure that you've got all the bases covered for the Exam.

Feel free to PM me if you feel that you'd like some one on one tuition.

Thanks mate, excellent advice! will give it a go and be sure to message you if i have any questions.

Rex.