PDA

View Full Version : Fast Track Pilot Training

meffen
27th Jun 2013, 12:07
Hi All,

I am looking at studying for my CPL. I have no previous training or flight experience. Over the past several weeks I have been doing my research as to where or which flight school I should attend. I have a question about one school in particular you may have heard of it although it seems there has not really been any forums or mention of the company for the past few years. The company is Fast Track Pilot Training who I understand have now moved from WA to Mildura VIC.

They offer a 22 week course - Private Pilot Licence, Commercial Pilot Licence, Multi Engine Command Instrument Rating and Diploma of Aviation. They say they have full government VET FEE HELP approval and as there are many courses available in the US for Full CPL training in 6 months I was wondering if this is possible or if anyone has any information on the school or could offer some advise.

Cheers

training wheels
27th Jun 2013, 13:04
I don't mean to sound flippant with this response, but really, what's the rush? 0 hours to CPL in 6 months, you won't be able to experience flying under all the four seasons whilst under training. And once you're finished in 6 months, you'll be in the same boat as everyone else looking for that first elusive job, which may take a lot longer than 6 months.

I believe the fast track program came out around 2007, 2008 when all the major airlines were recruiting like crazy, and there was a lot of movement through the ranks but those days are long gone.

Dash8driver1312
27th Jun 2013, 15:29
Take your time, shop around some more, get some experience. Noone likes minimum time zero-to-hero types.

tail wheel
27th Jun 2013, 18:08
PPRuNe is a professional pilots forum and Dunnunda is primarily for pilots from Australian, New Zealand and the Pacific.

Non pilots are welcome to contribute, where appropriate.

Those wishing to learn to fly and seeking a suitable flying academy are welcome to post in our Wannabe Forums, elsewhere on our PPRuNe web site.

Selection of a flying school to meet your personal requirements and aspirations is a personal matter.

Threads seeking advice on flying schools in Australia and New Zealand will be closed or removed.

You are welcome to access our significant archival information on flying schools - please feel free to use our SEARCH function.

Dunnunda Moderators.