PDA

View Full Version : Malta School Of Flying

thkib
26th Jun 2013, 22:17
Do anybody have some rescent info on Malta School Of Flying? Searched around the archives for some up to date info but couldnt find anything from after 2009. Do they keep what they say, keep an operational fleet etc.?

SuperJet
20th Jul 2014, 09:44
Hi Thkib

How are things?

I was looking at the same place, and am contacting their higher management now through contacts/recommendations, so will let you know what I find out

It is a bit confusing, as there are about 4 companies all linked together there, seems they split things between lower level training in one company, then the higher training levels go with another company, under the same umbrella.

Don't know about current costs though, but am asking them now. It seems their current fleet is six aircraft, 2x 152, 2x 172, 1x Tecnam Single, 1x Tecnam Twin.

I am keen on Malta because it is under EASA, and I already have an EASA PPL and am keen to stay within the EASA system and not have to revert and regress by witching to FAA. Malta has the weather and is a non congested airspace to learn in, so, has all the benefits, as far as I am concerned.

I know your post was a year ago, but if you're still looking and interested, let me know, and we can share info, or, if you went another route, we can exchange info on that too.

All the best.

weirdgirl
22nd Nov 2014, 21:17
Hi,

I am interested in this school. What did you find out about it.

LEt me know please

thkib
22nd Nov 2014, 23:39
I went there in 2013 for my Night Rating and went back this summer for my Flight Instructor training.

I was very satisfied with the efficiency and professionalism during both stays and the quality of training was excellent.

Go down there and meet the staff and have a look around, I am sure they will be more than happy to welcome you.