PDA

View Full Version : London City

Blondie2005
26th Jun 2013, 09:59
Possibly the world's greatest airport for ease of use and quick throughput, but landed last night and noticed quite a bit of jobsworthness going on. First we were bussed 50 metres from the plane to a little bit (a very little bit) further along the terminal. 50 metres! Second, there was an awful woman at "UK Border" bossing a load of arriving foreign school kids about in the queue. "Stand further forward, stand further back, listen to what I say" etc etc.

Usually at City you walk off the plane and out of the airport in 10 minutes. All of the above carry on made it 30 mins last night. A worrying decline.

PAXboy
26th Jun 2013, 11:20
Happens everywhere once in a while, I'm sure. Here's the thread you were looking for: http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/251060-london-city-2-a-75.html

Hotel Tango
26th Jun 2013, 13:51
Blondie, you obviously have no experience of handling a bunch of school kids ;) Believe me, they require just the treatment they got, or it may have costs you 60 minutes :eek:

Blondie2005
26th Jun 2013, 14:36
Thanks for the replies :) and sorry for putting this in the wrong thread, am still a newbie!

PAXboy
26th Jun 2013, 17:35
No problem. Welcome to the cabin! :ok:

If you want. Copy the text of you original post. then locate the LCY thred. Reply to it, Paste and post.

Then return to this thread. Edit the first post and Delete it. The thread will vanish!