PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Flying Centre smashed up by sacked worker

Basil
26th Jun 2013, 08:05
BBC News - Sacked Wayne Crook jailed for workplace hammer attack (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-23051603)
A sacked man who caused £175,000 of damage with a hammer at his former workplace in revenge for being fired has been jailed for 20 months.

Wayne Crook, 40, of Banwell, North Somerset, smashed up computers, windows, a 4x4 and toilets at the Bristol Flying Centre on 6 June.

LookingForAJob
26th Jun 2013, 09:04
With a name like that he was born to end up in chokey*!

* For non-Brits etc (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chokey).

FlyingOfficerKite
26th Jun 2013, 11:30
All joking aside toilets, vehicles, windows etc are all fairly easy to repair/ replace

Yes, if you have £175,000 in cash/insurance.

But what about all the hassle, stress and messing around - not so easy if you take the whole issue into account.

I feel for them and it certainly isn't a joke!

KR

FOK

EatMyShorts!
26th Jun 2013, 21:32
But then:The court heard how Crook had been sacked after moving an aircraft in a hangar - something he was not qualified to do.How can you get sacked for something so minor? There must have been more things that happened before he got fired...

cockney steve
2nd Jul 2013, 12:10
How can you get sacked for something so minor? There must have been more things that happened before he got fired...

Does it matter?....He's supplied irrefutable proof of his own irrationality.mental instability, lack of perspective, violence and generally flawed personality.....the only question i'd ask......why the fxxk was such a retard dingbat employed there in the first place?

Evanelpus
2nd Jul 2013, 12:54
Quote:
How can you get sacked for something so minor? There must have been more things that happened before he got fired...
Does it matter?..

Of course it matters. Surely someone wants to find out what made him react the way he did. I certainly don't believe for one minute he got the push for moving an aircraft in a hangar.

the only question i'd ask......why the fxxk was such a retard dingbat employed there in the first place?

A very good question and one which the owners of the BFC must be trying to fathom out.

Like all these kinds of stories, there is more to this than meets the eye.

LGW Vulture
2nd Jul 2013, 14:37
Erm ...... Phil, hello! Anybody there? :E:E