PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs a bit of help

Always a Sapper
24th Jun 2013, 20:52
Tbh, not sure if this is the place for this or if I should be the one bringing it to PPRuNers attention but no one else has so here goes...

Young Flt Lt dealt a pretty naf hand in life needs a spot of help, the link to the story is below and the link to her

Ann-Marie-Noble-31-draws-bucket-list (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2347521/Ann-Marie-Noble-31-draws-bucket-list-diagnosed-terminal-cervical-cancer.html)

Help me: As cancer sucks! by Ann-Marie Noble - GoFundMe (http://www.gofundme.com/338gz8)

I for one, wish her luck.

NutLoose
24th Jun 2013, 21:45
:{

That is Tragic.

Wallah
24th Jun 2013, 22:13
Been there and got the T-shirt :sad: , so hope she empties her bucket list.

Good luck!

NutLoose
25th Jun 2013, 11:43
Eight hundred odd views and only two comments. :(

I seriously wish her the best and hope by some miracle she comes through it. :(

They are working on it, sadly probably to late for this young lady, the film below is a bit ambiguous, see post 17 for the link that explains what they are doing.

See

Doctors Cure Girl's Cancer With HIV - The Hollywood Gossip (http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/videos/doctors-cure-girls-cancer-with-hiv/)

Lincolnshire Poacher
25th Jun 2013, 11:50
She had a good day at Halton when she was flown down there from Marham in a Bulldog, enjoyed a day of gliding, then was flown back to Marham again. A lovely lady who deserves better luck

Lightning Mate
25th Jun 2013, 13:45
That really is a short straw in life.

Brave lass.

What's the betting Raymond Blanc and Terry Wogan won't respond if they hear about it.

Perhaps someone here should try to contact them - I'll have a go.

Brian 48nav
25th Jun 2013, 13:52
What a wonderful brave lady!I seemed to have got a lot of dust in my eyes from grass-cutting.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
25th Jun 2013, 14:07
Good luck, Flt Lt Noble!

Duncs:ok:

wokkamate
25th Jun 2013, 15:27
Donated. A great role model and advert for those live saving tests....keep checking your bollox lads! :ok:

airborne_artist
25th Jun 2013, 16:21
Just pestered some mates to see if they can fix the balloon trip, the polo outing and the track day.

NutLoose
25th Jun 2013, 16:35
Good on you all :ok:
I donated as well yesterday, I mean she isn't exactly asking the earth is she, I'm truly humbled by her attitude.

NutLoose
25th Jun 2013, 17:17
Someone just made her target, one hopes she gets more :ok:

airborne_artist
25th Jun 2013, 18:24
Is anyone able to put me in touch with Ann-Marie? A friend would like to give her something that's on her list.

smujsmith
25th Jun 2013, 19:01
Donation made,

I just wish I could do a bit more. Mrs smujsmith has donated as well. I'm chasing my family now. What a very brave lady, my respect ma'am .:ok:

Smudge

Capetonian
25th Jun 2013, 19:10
What's the betting Raymond Blanc and Terry Wogan won't respond if they hear about it.

I suspect TW would respond.

My donation is on its way.

clicker
25th Jun 2013, 19:46
Done, a very worthy cause.

Thanks Always a Sapper for highlighting this.

airborne_artist
25th Jun 2013, 19:57
Nutloose - it wasn't really HIV, or even close - see this Cancer Research article (http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2013/06/25/no-doctors-did-not-inject-hiv-into-a-dying-girl-to-treat-her-cancer/?utm_source=twitter_cr_uk&utm_medium=cruksocialmedia&utm_campaign=owntwitter_tweet).

N2erk
27th Jun 2013, 02:14
Did my small bit, and agree with- Thanks 'Always a Sapper' for highlighting this.

Eau de Boeing
27th Jun 2013, 05:05
The Blancs are family friends, have sent a message accordingly.

clicker
27th Jun 2013, 19:53
See the amount raised is above 4.5k. :ok:

Well done guys and gals.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
27th Jun 2013, 20:14
Good skills Eau de Boeing!

NutLoose
6th Jul 2013, 13:00
£4,750 plus... nice work everyone :ok:

An unashamed bump.

ImageGear
7th Jul 2013, 14:16
Bumped it up a bit more - hope the bucket gets well and truly drained..serious best wishes.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
26th Jul 2013, 07:05
Now over £5k.

sittingstress
29th Jul 2013, 17:19
I've had an idea about an item on the bucket list but need some gen from anyone who knows Anne-Marie. I will also need some help from a person who is internet/tech savvy.

This might be a non-starter but if the info is good and I get the help required then I think we might be able to collectively tick an item off the list.

Anyone out there that can help?

PMs please.

Many thanks.

ss

NutLoose
29th Jul 2013, 17:56
Failing that as a donator I could send a message through the emails link and hopefully she will receive it, however, I cannot believe none of her colleagues do not frequent here.

Glad it seems to be clocking up, just terribly sad that we are having to do this,

Such a terrible shame that this has had to happen to an intelligent young lady who should be enjoying the prime of her life with a rosy and exciting future to look forward too.. :sad:

sittingstress
29th Jul 2013, 19:14
Contact with Anne-Marie made. I will let you know whether my cunning plan is any good at a later date.

sittingstress
30th Jul 2013, 10:14
I have made direct contact with Anne-Marie.

One of the items on her bucket list is to try as many different varieties of champagne as possible. Currently she is buying a bottle from the supermarket shelf when funds allow.

I think this is one of the things the collective might of the RAF (current/ex/interested parties) family can solve with ease.

I would like to ask for donations of a single bottle of champagne, that is all.

My idea is to create a list which can be accessed online. To avoid duplication, donators would be asked to enter the brand/type of champagne purchased. The bottles can be sent/delivered to a central holding address. I will collect them and deliver them to Anne-Marie in my car.

I am a bit of a buffoon when it comes to techy things. Please can anyone with the necessary know how advise me how to get this online list sorted.

I am sorting out the central delivery point, just waiting for confirmation from the Mess Manageress.

I am open to any suggestions for improvement of this idea.

Ppruners I understand this is another charity ask but I believe it is something we can do.

Many thanks

ss

CoffmanStarter
30th Jul 2013, 10:26
SS ... I will have a word with Master Coff tomorrow (final year studying Computer Science ... but more a NetWorks man) to see if he can help ...

Mean time ... possible sourcing list ...

Waitrose (http://www.waitrosedirect.com/wine/?facet=isWineClub:(%22N%22)+AND+isCorporateWine:(%22N%22)+AN D+parentCatgroup_id_facet:(%2210051_22501%22)&pageSize=&page=1&searchTerm=)

Count me in ...

Mod's ... I'm sure this is an acceptable URL post given the cause here :ok:

Best Coff.

PS. Sent PM before seeing your post ...

sittingstress
30th Jul 2013, 10:29
Coff thank you. There are literally dozens of varieties from all all sorts of sources; the usual supermarkets, wine merchants etc.

I really hope I can get this sorted.

NutLoose
30th Jul 2013, 12:10
I'll stand the cost of a bottle for her,

plenty available online if you search for Champagne online, indeed you can even get 1/2 bottles etc dependant on how many she intends to erm "sample" :)

Roland Pulfrew
30th Jul 2013, 12:16
Champagne

"I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad.
Sometimes, I drink it when I'm alone.
When I have company I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it if I am;
Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty."

Attributed to Mme Bollinger (1884 - 1977)

SS - PM inbound.

Fg Off Bloggs
30th Jul 2013, 16:29
Done my bit and put it on the Bucc Mates' Facebook page too!

Bloggs!

Captivep
31st Jul 2013, 11:08
Not sure if this is helpful but many online retailers (like amazon, for example) allow a wishlist to be created. Other people can then buy an item on the list and it is delivered direct to the recipient.

In fact, I've just looked and Amazon sell a lot of champagnes (who knew?)! If someone can set up a wishlist for her, listing those bottles, it would be very easy for others to buy them for her (me included!).

Capetonian
31st Jul 2013, 11:18
I will donate a bottle (or price of) of South African 'champagne' (we're not allowed to call it that) or Catalan Cava.

Nederburg Premiere Cuvee Sparkling Brut SA Wines Online (http://www.sawinesonline.co.uk/sa-wineries/wineries-m-n/nederburg/nederburg-premiere-cuvee-sparkling-brut.html)

Pongracz is also good but only available by the case on Amazon

Pongrácz Brut Method Cap classique Sparkling Wine NV 75 cl (Case of 6): Amazon.co.uk: Grocery (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pongr%C3%A1cz-Brut-Method-classique-Sparkling/dp/B00BYVGM60/ref=sr_1_7?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1375269496&sr=1-7&keywords=sparkling+wines)

sittingstress
31st Jul 2013, 12:10
All ideas and suggestions are gratefully received.

I am waiting for confirmation of the central delivery address and then it will be full steam ahead.

As soon as I have sorted the details I will update and we can begin.

Thank you all for your support.

ss

Solid fuel burner of distinction and implementer of BBQ etiquette :)

CoffmanStarter
31st Jul 2013, 12:12
SS ...

I've spoken to Master Coff and got a simple solution to run an on-line list. I'll PM you shortly ...

Coff.

Annmarie
1st Aug 2013, 18:08
Hello all,

I've just been made aware of this network and I reallyy wanted to say thank you on a personal note for all your help and support and just to let you know where I am with the bucket list. I'm meeting terry Wogan on the 11th of August on his BBC radio2 show and I can't wait. Unfortunately raymond hadn't been in touch but I do follow him on twitter and he seems extremely busy so I like to think that is why and this stops him from reading his emails and the tweets I know people have sent. I still hope I will get to meet him one day even if it's just from across the road by accident, stranger things have happened.

As you noticed I reached my target and thank you but I was offered the chance to do route 66 with my dad by rideroute66.co.uk at a cost of £4k this had been a dream I never thought could happen just like safaris in Africa due to insurance costs and immune systems. So I have used that money to pay for the trip and put skiing on the back burner as thought the memories this would create for my dad outway me getting back on the slopes (positive thinking I will still get back there)

Finally I love the champagne idea I think it's so wonderful that as strangers you are helping me out. Hopefully knowing that even when in pain I'm smiling because of your generosity and support. I'm not sure if you have the links to me story and please don't feel oblige to donate its more about the reason to why I'm Doing what I'm doing with my life.

Help me: As cancer sucks! by Ann-Marie Noble - GoFundMe (http://www.gofundme.com/338gz8)

Love and best wishes annmarie

sittingstress
2nd Aug 2013, 15:25
Ladies and gentlemen,

The PMC at RAF Wyton has generously agreed to use the mess as a mailing address.

To avoid repetition as much as possible CoffmanStarter has sorted out an online tally of which bottles have been bought.

THE AIM

Anne-Marie would like to try as many varieties of champagne as possible. I think it would be really nice to make this wish come true.

THE PLAN

1. Click on this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtrrlcQKpDy6dEthVVk1UTBGc1Rxa25aVkUzakZRMnc&usp=sharing

2. Fill out the columns as you see fit

3. Purchase champagne

4. Post to address noted on spreadsheet (and repeated below)

5. Feel great knowing you have done a nice thing

6. Pass this plan around to as many people as you want to

On a date and time, to be arranged with Anne-Marie, I will collect the bottles and deliver them to wherever she wants.

I have made this as simple as possible in order to cater to the lowest common denominator which is most definitely ME.

Many of us have experience or knowledge of friends/relatives in the same position as Anne-Marie. It is bloody awful and to be able to put a smile on a face is a wonderful thing.

Please, next time you are out shopping pop an extra item on the list that says "Champagne".

Many thanks

Op Champagne Bubbles
C/O Graham
Officers Mess
Royal Air Force Wyton Headquarters
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
PE28 2EA

Ann-Marie Noble, 31, draws up bucket list after being diagnosed with terminal cervical cancer | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2347521/Ann-Marie-Noble-31-draws-bucket-list-diagnosed-terminal-cervical-cancer.html)

NutLoose
2nd Aug 2013, 15:48
Done and welcome to the forums AnnMarie, one hopes you enjoy sampling them. :ok:

CoffmanStarter
2nd Aug 2013, 16:05
Done this end. Welcome AnnMarie :ok:

sittingstress
2nd Aug 2013, 16:14
Anne-Marie, photos and tales of the journey will be required! :)

PS You are banned from looking at the spreadsheet ;)

NutLoose
3rd Aug 2013, 07:42
Nice one Sittingstress.

CoffmanStarter
4th Aug 2013, 06:59
Looks like you've made a good start with Op Champagne Bubbles SS :ok:

Best ...

Coff.

Agatha
4th Aug 2013, 20:06
Small contribution from me added - hope it brings some moments of forgetfulness, real joy and a smile because strangers care!

sittingstress
4th Aug 2013, 22:39
Thank you all very much. The list is getting longer which is a fine thing.

Please forward the post to whoever you care to.

ss

air pig
4th Aug 2013, 23:20
SS, sorted one on the way. Anne Marie enjoy and giggle. :):):)

Come on, there's enough of us ex guys to help a serving member realise a dream.

sittingstress
5th Aug 2013, 15:18
SS, sorted one on the way. Anne Marie enjoy and giggle.

Come on, there's enough of us ex guys to help a serving member realise a dream

Thanks Air Pig, gratefully received.

NutLoose
6th Aug 2013, 13:51
Coming along nicely and if your just reading this folks, read posts 38 and 39 on page 2..

You know it makes sense. Any help welcomed from full or 1/2 bottles to a shared gift.

:)

tezzer
6th Aug 2013, 19:53
Donation made, to one very brave and inspiring Lady.

Capetonian
6th Aug 2013, 21:00
On its way to a brave and deserving lady...........http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Lu5ZtfMjL._SY300_.jpg

sittingstress
7th Aug 2013, 17:52
Thank you for those recent bottles. The tally is steadily increasing.

CoffmanStarter
8th Aug 2013, 06:53
Delivery confirmed :ok:

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af162/CoffmanStarter/ScreenShot2013-08-08at073346_zpsc16a5528.jpg

Interesting route ...

Coff.

Natstrackalpha
8th Aug 2013, 07:24
Is anyone able to put me in touch with Ann-Marie? A friend would like to give her something that's on her list

Call Marham, GPTN.

I reckon if somebody calls Terry Wogan`s agent or the BBC they will get hold of . . .his agent or Terry himself and I am sure he will be only to glad to go for a drink, I am sure he will come up himself, she won`t have to trapse down there.

Also, I am sure Queenie would be delighted to invite her to Buck House for tea, as one can apply (on behalf of) for the tea parties they have on the lawn, I have been told.

I`ll bet Scampton or Conningsby will give her a bash in one of their aeroplanes too - aint that right 1 Sqn?

Just a couple of ideas.-----Brave girl.

Natstrackalpha
8th Aug 2013, 07:39
Anne Marie - read your post.

Say hello to the mountains for me/us

Glad you are meeting Terry Wogan!:ok:

Keep us posted on the stuff you do.

Hang on in there kid / Marm.

air pig
8th Aug 2013, 20:50
Back to the top for this worthy cause. Keep it coming guys.

airborne_artist
10th Aug 2013, 17:24
The good lady is on her way to meet Sir TW tomorrow according to her tweet three hours ago. :D

Capetonian
10th Aug 2013, 17:35
I'm on my way to Edinburgh to spend a few days with a couple I've known for a long time, wonderful people. She is going through a terrible time after chemo and radiotherapy for breast cancer. I'm hoping I can do something for them, maybe just cooking, or a change of scenery and a chat and a laugh. They are so positive about it that I'm sure they'll be fine.

So many people are affected by this terrible disease, it's good to know that there are people out there helping.

Anne Marie, enjoy your time with Sir Terry.

NutLoose
10th Aug 2013, 19:34
Cape, give them my regards, sadly one feels helpless at times like these :(

NutLoose
11th Aug 2013, 16:59
Seems she has Met Terry Wogan and the donations have picked up :)

See

She may get both trips in :)

NutLoose
11th Aug 2013, 23:19
More coming off her list :)

Bucketlist » Ann-Marie Noble (http://bucketlist.org/list/Annmarie/)

Done

Drive a super fast car - Thank you RAF Cosford for arranging this
Learn to make Truffles
Learn to bake a Soufle- Thank you Linda and RAF Marham OM Chef for organising this for me
Take my mother and sister to the Royal Garden Party
Get my head shaved
Do a spoof country life photo shoot
Do a Vogue style photoshoot
Day at the races

And some others to tick off she has managed to do.

air pig
15th Aug 2013, 11:27
Back to the top.

The Old Fat One
15th Aug 2013, 22:09
I chanced across the interview with TW driving with the missus. It was a tough listen. TW was I thought, first rate, but the honesty, humour and inspirational nature of her conversation clearly got to him. Even through the radio, you could his voice cracking.

NutLoose
15th Aug 2013, 22:20
I missed it, :( you seen the Champers collection we are trying to get so she can tick that one off her list... You don't have to partake, just thought you might like to see we are trying to make her days better..

What a tragedy :(

November4
16th Aug 2013, 15:50
It's on iPlayer (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0383l3t) but just for 2 more days.

Starts at 1 hour 44 mins in

NutLoose
16th Aug 2013, 16:41
Thank you for that, dust got in my eyes, one very brave lady :sad:

NutLoose
17th Aug 2013, 16:08
A well deserved bump

air pig
17th Aug 2013, 20:08
Just listened on iPlayer, one very brave lady.

NutLoose
21st Aug 2013, 09:47
I don't know who John Samuel is but he's a star, as indeed are all the folks helping. see

NutLoose
13th Sep 2013, 11:35
She has cleared the £8,000 so may get her skiing trip as well.... Kudos one and all, her bucket list is getting ticked off too..

Bucketlist » Ann-Marie Noble (http://bucketlist.org/list/Annmarie/)

:) keep up the good work.

and of course the contribution from on here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtrrlcQKpDy6dEthVVk1UTBGc1Rxa25aVkUzakZRMnc&usp=sharing#gid=0

unashamed BUMP

CoffmanStarter
13th Sep 2013, 19:20
Good pick-up Nutty :ok:

I just caught the end of an interview with TW on the BBC's One Show earlier this week ... I believe Ann-Marie may not be too good at the moment.

I'll ping Sittingstress a PM for a SitRep.

Coff.

NutLoose
14th Sep 2013, 00:32
:( that's not good news, hang in there Anne-Marie, do we know if she has got to do Route 66 with her dad yet?

If this young lady can keep going Coff, the least I can do is to keep this thread alive and her chance of getting people to help her fulfil her dreams, a small price I am sure we would all pay for it to happen in our own lives.

And I will unashamedly keep bumping it

NutLoose
15th Sep 2013, 22:50
Unashamed Bump...

Fonsini
16th Sep 2013, 17:22
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

I hope she completes the list - godspeed.

NutLoose
16th Sep 2013, 17:33
Very well said and welcome to the forum.

Mogwi
21st Sep 2013, 21:27
Any news on Ann-Marie?

Champagne Anyone?
23rd Sep 2013, 00:37
Any news on the balloon trip and the wing walking??

I have contacts in both of these fields and am more than willing to ask the question and see what they can do if it hasn't already been arranged.

CA

lj101
23rd Sep 2013, 05:34
Currently on Route66 adventure.....

CoffmanStarter
23rd Sep 2013, 12:16
A quick update chaps ...

Unfortunately poor Sittingstress's daughter is not very well at the moment. He dropped me a quick PM some of which I've posted below by way of update.

Last time I e-mailed her she was in hosp having a nerve block prior to setting off to the states for the Route 66 trip.

I haven't heard anything about her health deteriorating so I am assuming that all is as well as it can be.

I will send her an e-mail later today for a sitrep about the trip.

My thoughts are with you SS and Ann Marie.

Coff.

NutLoose
23rd Sep 2013, 20:06
:( hang in there, we are all routing for you. One hope things come together and she at least gets her list done. One just feels so powerless.

NutLoose
25th Oct 2013, 00:12
Cough...

Updates

https://mobile.twitter.com/annmarienoble31

dmussen
25th Oct 2013, 03:33
Enjoy every moment. My thoughts are with you.
D.

sittingstress
18th Nov 2013, 16:38
All,

Firstly an apology, I have been unable to update as I have been keeping the delivery dates a secret from Anne-Marie.

She has had a packed schedule with her trips, medical issues and appointments however I have been in touch with a very good friend of hers and a plan was hatched.

Yesterday I took the bottles up to Harrogate for onward transmission to Anne-Marie for her birthday as a surprise.

I took the liberty of buying a few wicker baskets and some red crepe and tissue paper to make the bottles look pretty. I also signed a suitable birthday card "from all at the internet".

Once again a massive thank you to all those who donated, you have done a marvelous thing.

PS Regarding the prettiness of the presentation and items I bought, I am still a Rock and use charcoal GOTTIT! :)

CoffmanStarter
18th Nov 2013, 17:43
Well played that man :ok:

Best regards ...

Coff.

PS. I sincerely hope your daughter is OK.

NutLoose
18th Nov 2013, 18:42
I would like to echo Coffs sentiments for both Anne Marie and your daughter

Well done that man, funnily enough I had been thinking as we draw closer to Christmas to lift this thread to the top of the forum, to remind people no matter how bad life is, someone always has it worse.
Hope you enjoy them Anne Marie and a Happy Birthday to you :)

sittingstress
22nd Nov 2013, 03:46
Many thanks all.

Daughter is still battling on, the plucky so and so.

Scribbly275
26th Nov 2013, 00:27
Hello All,

Just a quick update and a MASSIVE Thank you on behalf of Ann-Marie Noble. We delivered the 15 plus bottles of champagne to her at home on Sunday. She is absolutely chuffed to pieces with the surprise but also for everyone's kindness. I'm saying thanks on her behalf as she's really not in a good state now. She is in her words " Just hoping to make Christmas ", she has a massive lump of DVT on her left leg, the same area where various tumours are pushing on her femoral nerve but..........she's still smiling.

This Thursday is her 32nd Birthday, I'm fortunate enough to have seen her at the weekend and will do again on Sunday when she plans to have the "Party of all parties" with family from all over the country and friends. If she cannot drink all the champagne I've told her to fill the bath with it and sit in it..........just an idea.

Thank you all again from the bottom of her heart and thank you from me (a friend of hers) there was only so much of her "Bucket List" that we could do with her/for her but you have all helped her tick off one of the "things to do".

I will let you know when there is any change .......

Scribbly275
26th Nov 2013, 12:15
Hello,

Any chance of lifting the post to the top of the forum, as I said last night, A-M has not really got much longer left............I would also like her/my thanks for all the support to be seen at the top and it would allow me to post details of "future" arrangements when the inevitable happens........:sad:

Many Thanks Chaps

Scribbly

NutLoose
26th Nov 2013, 20:09
It's up for a limited time, then we will need to bump it :)

Always a Sapper
4th Dec 2013, 18:52
Hey ho.... a bumping one does go...

Dave Sharpe
5th Dec 2013, 09:20
Lets see if this puts this post subject back to the top of the list......

air pig
5th Dec 2013, 22:21
Mods, in view of the situation, can't this be a 'sticky'.

Dave Sharpe
6th Dec 2013, 10:20
lets see if we can get this further up this list!

NutLoose
6th Dec 2013, 11:09
AirPig, it has been a sticky for a limited time, but no one was replying, this way we may keep it up at the top and show that people DO CARE.
Thoughts are with her, according to her Tweets she has moved into a Hospice to help with her pain control and to get a good nights sleep, I also see she had a good birthday party :)
what a tragic waste :(

air pig
6th Dec 2013, 16:15
NutLoose, go with that, just got to keep it bouncing. Hope the hospice can help with pain relief and she gets a good nights sleep. Having seen what hospice's can do, I'm sure she is receiving the best of care. Glad to hear the birthday party was a good one.

Death of anybody is such a tragic waste but in particular in some one so young and who has served her country.

Always a Sapper
6th Dec 2013, 20:35
Ahh, a Hospice is not good news. That said, from personal experience (Mother) they can help with the pain relief and she should be able to get a good nights sleep. Mother, bless was in and out of the place for over a year.

I sincerly hope A-M gets to see Christmas and the New Year, and many more after. Now here's a challenge Ann-Marie, dig in and go for it Girl, we are all right behind you.

NutLoose
6th Dec 2013, 21:10
I know, my sister works at one, although she does say they have patents that come in for a few days to give their families a respite, then go home again.

Totally agree with your sentiments Sapper, we are all rooting for her.

Melchett01
6th Dec 2013, 22:55
Well said Sapper - come on A-M, we're all with you in spirit.

air pig
7th Dec 2013, 15:03
Back to the top. Hope you've had some good sleep A-M.

NutLoose
7th Dec 2013, 16:00
My thoughts entirely, keep fighting it Girl

Wallah
7th Dec 2013, 19:33
Hope the Hospice have managed to get on top of the pain. My thoughts are with you.

30mRad
8th Dec 2013, 13:34
Bounce.

Thoughts and prayers with you A-M. True inspiration.

air pig
9th Dec 2013, 08:57
Bounced again to the top

NutLoose
9th Dec 2013, 20:21
And again, I hope she is doing ok.

Wallah
10th Dec 2013, 06:33
Bump. Hope you managed a good nights sleep.

Wallah
11th Dec 2013, 11:36
Bounced to the top again.

air pig
12th Dec 2013, 00:29
Do hope A-M is sleeping pain free tonight.

NutLoose
12th Dec 2013, 11:33
https://twitter.com/annmarienoble31

Keep fighting it young lady..

air pig
13th Dec 2013, 12:13
Do hope you're feeling better today A-M.

clicker
13th Dec 2013, 16:53
Hi A-M

Hoping that the pain control is working and life is just that little bit better.

The PPrune crew are all sending their love and best wishes.

N2erk
14th Dec 2013, 13:12
Keep up the fight, A-M; just 12 days to Christmas!!
Best wishes

Canadian Break
14th Dec 2013, 19:09
Gents - it's obvious that A-M has touched nerve with us all. May I suggest that on Tuesday evening - say 1900 UK time (for no other reason than it gives peeps time to read this and then spread the message) we all stop whatever we are doing and spend 60 seconds communing with whomsoever you commune with in your life when the going gets tough (God, Allah, Zeus etc) and mention A-M? Just an idea. CB

Wander00
14th Dec 2013, 19:19
CN - and a thought for her parents if they are still around - I lived with parents who had lost 2 kids, and it sort of sticks around, so a thought for A-M, her family and friends

Canadian Break
14th Dec 2013, 19:21
Wander; just so Old Chap, just so. CB

Wallah
14th Dec 2013, 21:09
Splendid idea. Cancer can be a lonley old place at times and every bit of support helps. Hope the Hospice is treating A-M well and she is getting some rest.

awblain
14th Dec 2013, 22:52
This disease takes a terrible toll, and at an early age, and this is just one tragic example.

While I hope our contributions and messages have made things a little better for A-M in the circumstances, I'd like to suggest a further course of action on all our parts over the next few years that could help to reduce the number of future cases.

About 4/5 of cervical cancer cases are caused by HPV infections. The Gardasil vaccine can now PREVENT them. If you encourage your children, grandchildren, friends' children - boys and girls - to get this vaccine (privately at present), or not-bad-as-a-start, for girls to take up the standard, NHS-supplied, cheaper, and probably slightly less effective Cervarix, then there's a good chance that instead of this disease taking a toll of about 1:1000 women in future, it'll drop to 1:5000.

Smear tests are still necessary, but as we can see, sometimes detection and treatment doesn't work :(. In the last few years, this new weapon has arrived to help reduce the chances of this happening to A-M's successors. I encourage you to try and make sure we all take best advantage of it.

Always a Sapper
15th Dec 2013, 23:58
Aye, good call there CB. A-M and others will be getting a mention.

Thing is, with only 9 days to go before Santa tries to get down the chimney again (why doesnt he ever get stuck?) in line with that great old forces goal post tradition, the goal post has just got booted across the field... it's only 375 days to go until Christmas. 2014 xmas that is ;)

Oh and it's back up to the top with the thread too...

Always a Sapper
16th Dec 2013, 00:00
Well it is now... 500N got a sneaky post in elswhere...

500N
16th Dec 2013, 00:56
Always a Sapper

PM sent :ok:

ExAscoteer
16th Dec 2013, 19:42
Sadly we lost her yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/annmarie.noble.7/posts/10100691191748603

NutLoose
16th Dec 2013, 19:49
:{

Godspeed Anne-Marie, you were an inspiration to those you touched.... Such a sad day :sad:

My sincere condolences to her family and friends, such a tragic loss of one so young.

Wallah
16th Dec 2013, 20:31
I also want to echo NutLoose's sentiments. My deepest condolences to Anne-Marrie's family, my thoughts will be with you - especially over Christmas.

sittingstress
16th Dec 2013, 21:48
All, I have just received the following from the friend of A-M who delivered your champagne to her:

"Sad news I'm afraid, A-M passed away last night, she had all her family with her. Her funeral is on Monday, no details yet, I will let you know."

Sad news indeed. It was obvious from the tales I was told that she was a vibrant lady with a passion for life. Sincere condolences to all her family and friends from the 3 of us here at our house. A glass to be raised on Christmas Day by me.

air pig
16th Dec 2013, 22:01
Such sad news, may she now rest in peace comfort and dignity, now not fearing the next episode of pain or at times what the day may bring.

RiP Anne Marie, you are loved and an inspiration to all missed by many.

Sincere condolences to her family and friends at this terribly sad time:sad:

Always a Sapper
16th Dec 2013, 22:12
Sad news, so close and yet so far. Rest in Peace Ann-Marie, you have earned it. In the short time you were here you have influenced and touched more people than most manage.

My sincere condolences go to her family and friends at this sad time.

Wander00
17th Dec 2013, 08:16
Not a lot to add, sadly never knew A-M, but obviously much loved and respected by all who knew her. A life cut much too short. RiP on that cloud

air pig
17th Dec 2013, 20:25
Lest we forget please keep up there till Monday.

alfred_the_great
17th Dec 2013, 21:37
"Bugger...."

SeaKingDriver
17th Dec 2013, 22:01
RIP. A brave lady who has inspired many. Sleep well.

RedDragonFly
17th Dec 2013, 22:29
I had the privilege of meeting Ann-Marie in the Summer. I first heard her story via PPRUNE and contacted her to offer my help with her bucket list.
She was a humbling and incredible lady and it was a wonderful experience to know her, albeit far too briefly.

I was planning on visiting over the holidays and emailed her just a week ago.

So sad and such a loss of an exceptional human being.

With love,

Mark

sittingstress
17th Dec 2013, 22:43
I will be attending A-M's funeral and will ensure that all your good wishes and kind thoughts are passed on.

NutLoose
17th Dec 2013, 23:00
Thank you.

NL

On her completed Bucket list items she had

Enjoy what life had to offer and make the most of those unexpected moments

One can only wish we all achieve that.

awblain
17th Dec 2013, 23:13
There's no way to rationalize such a young, foreseen, inevitable death.

However, please don't forget that in about 80% of cases, this disease is now preventable with a simple vaccination.

If we can all together help get 1500 young people vaccinated with Cervarix or Gardasil, who otherwise would miss getting it, then we'll make sure that - on average - one person will get to live to a ripe old age, who'd otherwise die young of cervical cancer.

I propose a toast to A-M's memory, and that as a result, we can together take action that might compensate in some small part: by preventing someone else from getting the same disease, and allowing them to live her sadly missed years.

clicker
18th Dec 2013, 09:34
RIP Ann-Marie, one of the nicest people I never got to meet.

You sent me a lovely reply when I offered my driving services as part of your bucket list to see more of this country.

We've lost a friend who, in many cases, broadened our horizons.

N2erk
19th Dec 2013, 01:30
Fortunately, not up on protocols for UK funerals- any way we can send a "group" sympathy/condolences to AM's family, or do we deem that the ongoing interest and support shown here on Pprune will suffice?

air pig
23rd Dec 2013, 00:34
Can we all take a moment today in memory of Ann Marie as she is laid to rest.

RiP.

Air pig.

NutLoose
23rd Dec 2013, 13:00
I will raise a glass to her memory on a Christmas Day and take a moment today in remembrance to an inspirational woman.

Wallah
23rd Dec 2013, 15:26
I hope today went as well as can be expected.

I have a confession, I never met Ann-Marie and Bucket Lists aren't really my bag.

That said, I think Ann-Marie's real trick was to show how much you can get out of life, even when you are at the very fringes. Cancer is a hard disease and the treatment can be almost as bad, if not worse. Ann-Marie shone some much needed light into that dark place and showed how to go out with grace and style.

That in its self is worth a lot, so thank you from everyone in that dark place. I will certainly be thinking of Ann-Marie and her family this Christmas.

Always a Sapper
23rd Dec 2013, 20:19
Nice one Wallah, couldnt agree more. I like you had never met Ann-Marie but saw the original article and thought that folks on here might like to help her achieve her dreams, the rest as they say is history.

As you mention, it is a hard disease to deal with, both for the patient and the family. I remember, back in the early 90's when I had the misfortune but also the fortune to have a long term relationship with a certain ward at what was then the BMH Woolwich. Happily for me, my family member came away with the happy news following treatment, sadly lots didnt. The Staff in the Woolwich were brilliant.

I think, for her the weekend trips home during the latter part of the 6 months treatment were I think one of the hardest parts. Imagine being an in-patient and making friends with everyone else on the ward during the week. Then you get to go home with the family for the weekend and others don't. Every Friday was a tearfull bye bye day and every Monday on the trip back was a very, very apprehensive hour when she was wondering if anyone would be missing.... Sad to say they were on more than one occasion.

I can't really say it improved a lot in that respect when we moved to the out-patient check ups. Over the years faces that were there before werent any more. Eventually, after 5 years she thankfully got the all clear and touch wood has remained so but even with an all clear it's still there in the back of your mind.

sittingstress
23rd Dec 2013, 21:57
I attended A-M's funeral today. I spoke with her family and let them know the feelings of the members of Pprune. I was told the champagne was much appreciated and I promised to pass that on to you all. I signed the book of rememberance on your behalves too.

A considerable amount of service personnel attended as well as friends and family. It was patently obvious how popular A-M was.

The eulogy was given by a close friend and he did a marvellous job of describing exactly how A-M lived her life.

The weather was awful but the bearer and firing parties did a stirling job.

We were told that A-M planned her funeral in great detail. She did a stirling job and even though I did not have the privilege of meeting her I know she will be sorely missed by all who knew her.

The entire day was a perfect tribute to an outstandingly vibrant and brave lady.

Rest in peace Flt Lt Noble RAF

air pig
23rd Dec 2013, 22:51
Sittingstress, hear hear, not a lot left to say.

NutLoose
24th Dec 2013, 00:03
Says it all really...... Sigh.

clicker
24th Dec 2013, 00:47
Thank you Sittingstress and all the relevant service parties for standing in for us PPruners.

I shall raise a glass tomorrow in A-M's memory knowing that we did a little to help her have some, albeit little, comfort.

sittingstress
1st Dec 2015, 12:52
I am not too sure where to post this but hopefully all will become clear.

The reason why I wanted to do something for A-M was because at the time my daughter was terminally ill with a brain tumour. In Sept 2007 at 16 years old she was a normal, healthy young lady looking forward to starting college. A chance visit one Saturday to Boots to have her reading glasses prescription updated picked up a swelling in her brain. To cut a long story short by Sunday she had surgery to insert a shunt and remove the fluid causing the swelling. This sudden loss of pressure damaged her optic nerves and she was left completely blind. She was later diagnosed with a rare type of brain tumour and given a prognosis of 12 months.

For whatever reason she survived and rebuilt her life. She went to college at Loughborough and gained 2 music qualifications as well as learning how to live as a blind person at the nearby RNIB College. She taught herself Braille, to play an electric and bass guitar, she raised thousands for her own charities, gave her savings to the local RAF Regt Association as the members could not afford the cost of a minibus to attend the laying up of the standard, won a place at Uni where her work ethic put her as one of the better achievers trouncing her sighted fellow students, she fell in love, got a flat and lived with her fiancee (who is also blind).

At the beginning of this year she became ill again and underwent several regimes of chemotherapy. In the early hours of this morning, after her massive battle with cancer, the bravest person I have ever known passed away in her sleep. We were holding her hands and cuddling her. We are privileged to have had our daughter in our lives for 24 years of which the last 8 she took on her brain tumours and fought them with everything she had. I wish I was a tenth of the person she was.

The champagne for A-M was Natasha's idea but because she didn't know her she asked me to sort it out for her. Natasha just wanted to be involved and she took great pleasure in helping me count the bottles and package them up. She didn't want her condition to distract from the sentiment which is why she asked me to sort it and read her your responses.

We have lost our wonderful daughter and I wanted to let you all know who was behind the champagne plan.

That is why I have posted this here.

CoffmanStarter
1st Dec 2015, 12:58
Sittingstress ...

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I've sent you a PM.

Coff.

Wander00
1st Dec 2015, 13:03
Sittingstress - I just don't know what to say other than " May your God go with you and your family". You will have huge support here, and if you need something particular I guess you would just need to ask and someone would come up with what you were after. We have, as far as I know, never met, but my most sincere condolences at your loss.

AndoniP
1st Dec 2015, 13:19
SS

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family for your loss.

charliegolf
1st Dec 2015, 13:48
The very tone and calm emotion in your writing speaks volumes. I suspect that sometime in her last hours, Natasha would have thought herself blessed to have had people like you in her family and in her corner. I hope you don't mind me saying so. Grieve her fast, then revel in her life very slowly and evey day.

CG

Al R
1st Dec 2015, 19:26
SS,

My thoughts are with you all, and with your much loved and cherished little girl.

Always a Sapper
1st Dec 2015, 19:51
Really sorry to hear of your loss SS, thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

NutLoose
1st Dec 2015, 21:12
I have been sitting trying to think what one could possibly say to alleviate some of the pain and grief you are going through at this time, but nothing can and words fail me :(

No parent should lose a child and certainly not lose one so young, it was a mark of her character that even when going through such adversities herself that she was thinking of others in A-M.
Be strong SS for both yourself and for the family, my heart goes out to you all. Take strength and remember the good times from Natasha's life, they are the things that will help you through, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family at this time.

NL

air pig
1st Dec 2015, 22:15
A PM sent.

Geordie_Expat
1st Dec 2015, 22:28
No parent should lose a child

So true. We don't know each other but I have been there, my son was 31 when the tumours got him. Always seems to be the good ones,

My thoughts are with you SS.

Melchett01
1st Dec 2015, 22:55
Sittingstress,

Terrible terrible news, my deepest condolences. If there is any justice in this world, A-M will have been waiting at the gates with a glass of champers, and the girls are now comparing notes.

sittingstress
2nd Dec 2015, 22:00
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts they all mean a great deal. I am not sure what else to say, we appreciate everything that has been said.
One last act by Natasha:
Natasha's first tumour was called a Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma and itself is a rare occurance. It affects young children before they are 10 and has a zero survival rate. Very little is known about DIPGs apart from they are always fatal. Natasha was unique in that she was diagnosed at 16 and survived for 8 years, no-one knows why. She was passionate about her work as a Young Ambassador for the Brain Tumour Charity and several years ago decided she wanted to make a difference. Tomorrow morning our awesome daughter will donate her whole brain for specialist research into DIPGs. She was adamant she wanted this to happen and we are very proud of her for allowing it.
A research laboratory has already been identified which is headed by a man who has made great strides into the make up of DIPGs and he has told us Natasha's brain tissue will be invaluable as samples are so rare.
Apart from total love and devastation that she is gone, my overwhelming emotion is one of pride. I am proud to be her father.

NutLoose
2nd Dec 2015, 22:44
You should be proud, and justifiably too, what a superb thing your daughter has done, to think she may help irradicate this horrendous disease amongst children must give you and your family comfort. As I have said, be strong and remember the good times.

Geordie_Expat
2nd Dec 2015, 22:52
This whole thread has filled me with total admiration for everyone involved. The courage and thought for others in times of severe stress is beyond words. I hope we were as strong.

I should mention we had two other grownup sons who were an immense help and comfort. I hope you have as much support.

sittingstress
9th Dec 2015, 15:04
Thank you all very much for your kind words and thoughts.

Natasha's funeral will be on the 19th Dec in Peterborough and whilst I will be desperately sad to say my goodbye I will be bursting with pride remembering all the efforts she made to mentor others with cancer or who had lost their sight. She used her determination to meet with the Speaker of the House of Commons about an issue, worked with the Brain Tumour Charity putting into place and launching their 5 year strategy, and being the most fantastic daughter.

She planned her own funeral and has come up with some very touching arrangements and a very cheeky one which perfectly demonstrates her sense of humour.

Once again thank you all.