24th Jun 2013, 19:49
Quite a clever film here:-

The Flying Lesson

Dick Fisher
25th Jun 2013, 18:03
Apart from the reference to runway 60.:ugh:

taybird
25th Jun 2013, 18:30
1) where are all the flying instructors that are as handsome as the one left on the ground?
2) where did they find a Tiger Moth where the mag switches magically swap from the left hand side of the fuselage to the right during flight?

foxmoth
25th Jun 2013, 22:42
I also do not get the switches on the right bit?? also do not understand the "NO one has flown it for quite a while" comment, if nothing else it would have done a test flight. Otherwise quite a nice little film - though if I had some 10,000hr jet jockey with no recent light ac experience, I would not be expecting much of their Moth handling either, so thought the "I've got 10,000 hours, show some respect" was poor scriptwriting.

Rithalic
26th Jun 2013, 13:15
surely the more concerning part is that this pilot hallucinates her "co-pilot", one way around the necessity for a multi-crew environment i suppose. Can we remove this thread before O'Leary gets any bright ideas.

Clare Prop
29th Jun 2013, 14:36
I prefer this one...Michael Crawford has his licence so it is pretty realistic!

Part 3 - Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em. Learning to Fly - YouTube

alexbrett
14th Jul 2013, 13:35
There's some pretty impressive low level manoeuvres in part 5 - that must have been fun to get permission for...

p4d
16th Jul 2013, 03:14
Ivw never seen an RPM gauge with two hands on it before? (8.42)

Treadstone1
16th Jul 2013, 20:28
Looking past the obvious mistakes that you have pointed out. I thought it was quite enjoyable.

Filmed at EGCB, Barton aerodrome, which first saw aviation around 1922 as Manchester international, before EGCC Ringway came on the scene.

I have been told that the control tower at Barton used in the film is the oldest working control tower in the world?? can anyone confirm this please?.

All in all if you take it for what it is meant to be, a film for entertainment, not a bad effort and very good. :D

Shawrey
16th Jul 2013, 21:22
I have been told that the control tower at Barton used in the film is the oldest working control tower in the world?? can anyone confirm this please?

You will find it hard to find an operational tower which has been used for more than 83 years, like Barton's has.