PDA

View Full Version : CJ525 overspeed alarm

TBM700
24th Jun 2013, 15:57
Hello,

I flew on a CJ525. For some time the overspeed alarm sounds for no reason. This occurs both in the cruise as well as climbing or descending and also when taxiing.
Any idea?
Thank you for any clue you czan suggest me !

Chinchilla.612
24th Jun 2013, 18:59
Hi TBM700,

I've not come across that problem myself before, but does the system work correctly as part of the preflight rotary test?
If you are getting spurious warnings I'd say you were best off having it checked over by an engineer, although you could also try telephoning Team CJ to see if they have any suggestions.

Best of luck with it.

TBM700
25th Jun 2013, 09:13
Thx for repleing,

When the situation occurs the only way to pass through is to perform the rotary test.
When it happens during flight, "just" have to move the braker... but of course each time you reduce power you heard "landing gear" as a reminder.... Pretty funny
The engineer are looking for the problem but nothing found for the moment.

Chinchilla.612
25th Jun 2013, 11:47
Most unusual situation then and I'd be guessing at a faulty PCB or connection somewhere. Please share what engineering discover the problem to be once the fault is fixed?

Good luck.

eckhard
27th Jun 2013, 19:41
I had a similar defect on an old C525 'classic'. After much trouble-shooting, the fault was traced to the wiring of the rotary test switch itself. The assembly was removed and the whole thing had to be rewired. I guess there had been some deterioration with age.

TBM700
1st Jul 2013, 20:44
Thank you for the clue.
Will keep you advised !

N.

Engineering
3rd Oct 2013, 12:32
Has it been sorted yet?