PDA

View Full Version : Skipper Aviation with F100 ?

aviator's_anonymous
24th Jun 2013, 02:03
Hi all, saw what i thought was an Alliance F100 the other day, but a second look saw a F100 painted in Skipper Aviation colours? The Rego wasn't australian registered either.... I thought Skippers were a prop operator? Are they now flying jets too?

falconx
24th Jun 2013, 06:25
http://www.aviationwa.org.au/2013/04/05/first-skippers-aviation-fokker-100-vh-xkn-rolled-out-in-full-colours/

Pilotshumornetwork
16th Jul 2013, 04:46
I see Skippers advertising for crew on most aircraft. I'm looking for any up to date info particularly the DHC-8 side of things? Thank you in advance

aussie027
16th Jul 2013, 09:22
I would like some up to date info too re turboprop positions.

Specifically on the current company morale, promotional prospects inside the company from FO to Capt on the turboprops and general company ability to actually train new pilots to line in a reasonable short time unlike the 6-9 months plus stories that were going around a few yrs ago after they lost many Capts and C & T guys.
Anyone who currently works there that has reliable, accurate info would be great.
Any info re the current recruitment process, tests etc would also be helpful.
Please PM if you prefer.
Attempts to contact HR for info in the past have been fruitless.
Please refrain from all the usual BS, useless comments that are so common on this site. Thank you.

NSCA45
17th Jul 2013, 20:07
Got to give it to SQ. Apparently he has crossed hired the F100 to Network as a procedural trainer (fixed base) no motion. He has also made it into a QC whereby crews can also do EP's. Wonder what the hourly rate is for HD????:D

slatanmhor
26th Jul 2013, 20:00
Hey all,

Anybody any idea if any of the F100 operators in Oz require F100 FOs???

I have an Irish issued EASA licence.... I guess that will prove problematic for sourcing job flying there, eh?? Anyone any idea what the licence conversion process is... In the past, over here,(if I remember correctly); Aussie pilots had only to do some Irish Air Law exams in order to satisfy the Irish CAA authorities that they could fly Irish reg aircraft here.

Gaggin to move to down under..(like everyone else in this country!!)

All advice/info appreciated

metrodashbrazconkie
4th Oct 2013, 08:14
Hey! Where is everyone going?

It seems the creme de la creme are all about to head off to other companies. Who is going to fly the 2 F100s now?

Another exodus maybe :D

Buttscratcher
4th Oct 2013, 09:41
.....are there 2 ???
.....are they flying ????
Any further questions ???

metrodashbrazconkie
5th Oct 2013, 04:00
Glad you asked,

....Yes, there are two rather ornamental F100's painted in Skippers livery.

....No they, don't fly, the rampies just drag them about the airport to and from the hangar, probably to keep us villagers all keen and well behaved. You know, we all want to fly jets don't we?

Oh well, maybe one day we will see skippers jets in the air. Shame all the top brass are leaving though, it would have been fun to see them in the left seat of an F100, "doin' their thang". :E

Super Ord
7th Oct 2013, 02:04
Word on the street is that it may be as long as next June until CASA approve the jets for commencement of operations.

metrodashbrazconkie
7th Oct 2013, 03:46
IF CASA approve them, it's never a given. I think CASA may consider jets another level up in the world and worthy of a certain standard.

Besides, who's gonna fly them?

Buttscratcher
7th Oct 2013, 04:30
You guys fly 'em yourself. No big deal, just tell Frosty.

metrodashbrazconkie
8th Oct 2013, 03:19
Ha!

Seen the contract? May as well go to Nutwerk or Anoyance.

airdualbleedfault
8th Oct 2013, 07:14
Not sure what you mean metrodash, the Notwork ad clearly states on the AFAP website " attractive salary", therefore it must be so :rolleyes:

metrodashbrazconkie
8th Oct 2013, 07:27
Not sure what I mean?

Seen the Skippers F100 salary? May as well go work for some other airline operating the same equipment i.e.

Network (better $, staff travel with QF) or,
Alliance (better conditions all around I think)

Simples!

Buttscratcher
8th Oct 2013, 10:28
The Skips' Fooker has stairs too, which means it doesn't need ground crew and you'll prolly load bags and stuff yourselves at outports
Everyone there should get a shot at the thing tho, hell Metrodashcantremember, you worked there long enough for some kind of loyalty program

RR69
8th Oct 2013, 11:06
I'm convinced those Fokkers will be converted into bullet trains and Skippers will be on the forefront of affordable, high speed travel throughout the Country, and that they may also have the ability to travel into the past and the future through time.

Buttscratcher
8th Oct 2013, 11:59
.....and they'll all 'take it in the caboose' then, I guess

wrongwayaround
8th Oct 2013, 12:13
It actually, wouldn't at all surprise me in the slightest... If you would witness the capt and FO wheeling all the baggage trolleys over to the f100 and chucking all the bags up in the hold while all the mining staff watch! Amazing and truly, unmistakably skippers style