PDA

View Full Version : Farmers get up close and personal with an A320 takeoff.

radar0976
21st Jun 2013, 14:09
Would love to have been one of these farmers!
KvzV5bxMqZw

con-pilot
21st Jun 2013, 16:27
If you liked that, you really need to go to St. Maarten Island and go to the Sunset Beach Bar. It is the ultimate place for spotters.

And pilots and little children, which is kind of the same thing really. :p

Trust me on this. ;)

SpringHeeledJack
21st Jun 2013, 16:40
I loved the way the crow just nonchalantly flew past the front of the A320 as it was turning, perhaps he was the 'cool crow' of the airport, or hadn't yet seen what happen when you get too close! Am I correct in saying that these were grass gatherers, harvesting the long grass for silage after the nesting season was over rather than farmers ?

DX Wombat
21st Jun 2013, 17:05
Am I correct in saying that these were grass gatherers, harvesting the long grass for silage after the nesting season was over rather than farmers ?
:confused: What makes you think they are not farmers? Farmers grow and harvest grass for both silage and hay which is then used to feed their stock.

SpringHeeledJack
21st Jun 2013, 19:23
Perhaps I'm assuming that they are farm labourers doing silage gathering on an international airport's property, rather than farmers going about their farm business (in both senses) on their own land adjacent to the runway. Was this Cork Airport by any chance ?

JEM60
21st Jun 2013, 21:32
Ah, Sunset Beach Bar. Great weather, great girls, great beer, great burgers and great aeroplanes. Heaven. 5 years ago now, must get there again!!!.

dubh12000
23rd Jun 2013, 10:51
I can remember years ago when they used to cut the silage at Cork with a forage harvester and the tractors went back and forth across the apron.

Before all this big bale nonsense.

radar0976
24th Jun 2013, 08:08
Yes they are farm workers collecting silage. If you read the description of the video it will give you all the required information. The Irish airports allowed silage cutting on their property due to the low grass growth in Ireland this Spring due to unseasonably low temperatures.

millerscourt
24th Jun 2013, 09:06
Looks like they are collecting Hay as if it were silage it would be wrapped in plastic.

Mike Tee
28th Jun 2013, 06:02
Am I missing something here, watched it three times and still waiting for something to happen ?.

SpringHeeledJack
28th Jun 2013, 08:36
Am I missing something here, watched it three times and still waiting for something to happen ?.

You must have too much free time on your hands :) It was a video about 'farmers' getting a close up view of an aircraft taking off. Probably impressive if close up, less so on video.