PDA

View Full Version : BizJet refurbishment

chrispler
20th Jun 2013, 09:31
Hi guys,

looking for some advise - I am trying to find out a good refubishment center (ideally in euorpe) for

- Global 5000
- Challenger 605
- Learjet 60XR

can you recommend to do this together with a major inspection (which comes up e.g 96 months?). I need new interior for all of them. No need for new avionics.

Thanks

noneya
20th Jun 2013, 10:15
Jet Aviation Basel does a great job.... Just don't expect it to be cheap!

cldrvr
20th Jun 2013, 10:19
Ruag can do all three for you.

Globally Challenged
20th Jun 2013, 10:32
LBAS in EDDB - our CL300 looks like new.

LGW Vulture
20th Jun 2013, 10:37
If recommending RUAG for new paint, I can only hope they've changed their ways in the last couple of years. They had previosuly completed some very shoddy work.

chrispler
20th Jun 2013, 10:53
can you recommend to do this together with a major inspection?

for the Global -96month
Learjet- 4800h
Challenger 300-96month

Steak&Kidney_Pie
21st Jun 2013, 13:11
If you are looking for Heavy Metal work, talk to Duncan Aviation in Battlecreek, MI, USA.

They paid for our F2TH relocation costs from the UK, gave us fixed cost inspections when no-one in Europe would, and were far cheaper in USD instead of EUR/GBP too!

Would definitely recommend them. They also run a 24/7 airframe technical team, meaning the aircraft work gets done as quick as possible. I can provide you with some contact details for the right guy if you want them.

SKP

Fossy
21st Jun 2013, 13:49
RUAG can do all three of them.

I don't think they have a Learjet rating.

can you recommend to do this together with a major inspection?

Definitely, will reduce the costs and downtime significantly, since the cabin needs to be anyway emptied for the inspection.

If you are looking for Heavy Metal work, talk to Duncan Aviation in Battlecreek, MI, USA.

I do recommend them as well, and to the best of my knowledge, they have contracts with companies in Europe for warranty work, if required

HS125
21st Jun 2013, 16:44
Not in Europe, granted but for the Global I'd talk to Kevin Hoffman at Aerospace Concepts in Montreal.

He may we'll be able to help with the Challenger and the Lear too.

Combining the refurbs/upgrades with major maintenance is definitely a good idea as per the previous posts.

No RYR for me
21st Jun 2013, 20:59
Didn't OHS from Berlin just sign to open a facility in the Bombardier EHAM facility?

cldrvr
21st Jun 2013, 21:14
I don't think they have a Learjet rating.

I stand corrected.

If recommending RUAG for new paint, I can only hope they've changed their
ways in the last couple of years. They had previosuly completed some very shoddy work.

Can't comment on that, however their interior work is to a very nice standard, so is their MX for that matter, been going there for ages.

noneya
22nd Jun 2013, 07:21
I can 100% vouch for the paint shops ability or lack there of!!! NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!:=:=:=:=:=:=

All I am saying about that!

Tray Surfer
23rd Jun 2013, 09:46
How interesting... Never really looked at this sort of stuff before, but there are some amazing CGI and real video of re-furbs and work being done.

Although it does go to show, that money does not always buy you taste! :}

pilot management
10th Jul 2013, 08:11
Weststar Aviation in the US. It is cheaper to fly to Grand Junction, Colorado or East Alton, IL and get it done there even with the ferry costs. Just finished a G550 there and was less expensive and quicker than in Europe. Pm me and I can give u contact details.

jimmy11
14th Jul 2013, 20:57
Tag farnborough engineering?

MAVERICK#
23rd Jul 2013, 16:06
Weststar Av in Grand Junction Co USA, refurbed one of the Ex Oceansky 604's some years back and did a Quality job inside and out.

Liftboy
23rd Jul 2013, 17:11
Hi guys,

I'm also looking for some advise.
Need a good paintshop for a Premier IA/RA390, preferred in Europe

Anyone!?

Thx...