PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Pax slaps crew member at gate

rab-k
19th Jun 2013, 09:48
Why security weren't called sooner to deal with this idiot goodness knows. (Video tag states Maryland, US).

(Warning - unedited version so viewers of a nervous disposition may wish to cover their ears, or turn the sound down)

here

Hotel Charlie
19th Jun 2013, 10:01
...and why you as a Professional Pilot would even waste time and start a discussion with a drunk numb nut like that is ..... :confused:

WanganuiLad
19th Jun 2013, 10:27
Crickey, security took a while to get there... bit of a circus ?

LLuCCiFeR
19th Jun 2013, 10:31
Hahaha, what a complete idiot...and I'm talking about that pilot!

That guy should be fired for the following reasons;

1) lack of any risk assessment
2) unable to set priorities
3) lack of situational awareness
4) lack of (martial arts) preparation

;) :p

Jet Jockey A4
19th Jun 2013, 12:34
We don't know all the details on how this started and if security had been called when the video started but IMHO the pilot did not handle the situation properly.

The pilot should have been more passive and not go after the drunken passenger. He should not have confronted him in that matter.

lomapaseo
19th Jun 2013, 12:51
Thanks a lot, now I'm stuck with a twisted neck for the rest of the day

Limeygal
19th Jun 2013, 13:00
Agree with all of you. The pax was a tool and should have been carted off in handcuffs long before he started swinging. Pilot also added to the situation. Hope he makes better decisions in the air :eek:

Airbrake
19th Jun 2013, 13:01
One of those guys was drunk and an idiot, the other was totally sober and an idiot!

rgbrock1
19th Jun 2013, 13:02
Certainly took the Homeland Security folks, aka the TSA, awhile to get there.

Then again, they were probably extremely involved elsewhere with harassing a 95 year old lady in a wheelchair with her day-old cupcakes. (Who could have been a terrorist with bombs disguised as cupcakes. :eek::eek::eek:)

Kudos to the Captain for coming to the aid of a colleague. I would've done the same.

SMOC
19th Jun 2013, 14:00
Kudos to the Captain for coming to the aid of a colleague. I would've done the same

I think they were both ground staff coming to the aid of the pilot, who in my opinion made a fool of himself as said above getting involved with a drunk pax.

Sunnyjohn
19th Jun 2013, 18:01
It astonishes me that people actually video this stuff. I presume they sell it to the highest bidder. I noticed on another thread that the aircraft was videoed landing (it was an overrun). I assume that cameras do not come under the category of electronic devices that must be switched off. Makes one wonder whether the device might have caused the overrun.

Hotel Tango
19th Jun 2013, 19:03
Makes one wonder whether the device might have caused the overrun.

Did you forget to add an :) at the end of that?

Sunnyjohn
20th Jun 2013, 13:29
Who knows, HT, who knows . . .?