PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat over Halstead?

Crizmiff
19th Jun 2013, 09:22
I ve just joined this site on recommendation of my brother and would just like to thank the pilot who executed a victory roll in a Hellcat over my house in Halstead Essex on Monday 17th June at approx 16.15. Is there any way of finding out the routes historic aircraft are flying to reach shows and such like?

treadigraph
19th Jun 2013, 12:31
Probably not a Hellcat; TFC's is the only airworthy example in the UK and it has been grounded for several years pending the engineers having time to give it the necessary TLC and get it flying agian.

Their Wildcat is flying again now and the Bearcat is usually out and about during the summer.

Nopax,thanx
26th Jun 2013, 19:26
It was indeed our Wildcat, making its first test flight after a long layup. Pilot was Pete Kynsey, glad you enjoyed it!

Herod
11th Jul 2013, 14:41
Halstead area today. Catalina north-south, Wildcat (?) south-north, and the stars of the show, a vic of five north-south. The leader was a modern turbo (Pilatus perhaps?) and the other four were a P51 and three Spitfires. Made the gardening worthwhile. Add to that a pair of Chinooks later in the day. And now, 20:30, the same formation, minus one Spit, going the other way.

Ripline
11th Jul 2013, 20:47
Ah, I only managed an ID on the two Spitfires on formation left and the T-tail leader as by the time I'd heard the lovely NOISE as they flew over Mum's house near RAF Rochford, sorry, London Southend they were screened by a tree. Heading about 190 magnetic at a guess. Manston? Goodwood?

Ripline

Herod
12th Jul 2013, 13:56
Again this afternoon. The leader plus P51, Spitfire and Wildcat(?). Keep it coming guys; my wife says it keeps me in the garden!!

GeeRam
13th Jul 2013, 20:37
Ah, I only managed an ID on the two Spitfires on formation left and the T-tail leader as by the time I'd heard the lovely NOISE as they flew over Mum's house near RAF Rochford, sorry, London Southend they were screened by a tree. Heading about 190 magnetic at a guess. Manston? Goodwood?

Not Manston or Goodwood, but France via Lydd I believe.

The formation was the group of American pilots over to participate in Flying Legends and they spent their pre-show day off on a little cross channel 'Rodeo' recreation sortie from what I've read.

Herod
13th Jul 2013, 20:59
This morning, while having breakfast outdoors, suddenly an AN2 appeared. This part of the world is becoming an old pilot's heaven!