PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for good flying schools in US offering DGCA Requirements

Sagar naik
19th Jun 2013, 07:24
Hi Am new to the Forum, Am very much interested in Aviation, I found that training in US saves lots of time and is cheaper than in India.Throughout my basic research on search engine I found out 2 schools DEANS INTERNATIONAL and SKYMATES, since am tight on Budjet I can manage between 30k$ to 40k$, So just wanted to know is there any better schools or any other package.. Need Suggestions , Thank you :)

cyrilroy21
19th Jun 2013, 13:39
@Sagar Naik

Before I write any further you seriously need to have another look into this career if you have a limited amount of money to spare

Getting an FAA CPL alone and converting to DGCA wont suffice and when you join an airline you are also expected to pay for the type rating costs which at todays exchange rate come to approximately 20 lakh rupees
Remember this cost is over and above the basic CPL costs

There is also the additional cost of converting to an Indian license , You need to do a certain amount of flying in india as well after you come back from the US
Which is again going to cost more money

I hope you understand that the competition is very stiff and chances in an airline are close to nil

Read this article very carefully . There a little over 6000 unemployed pilots in India with another 2000 at various stages of training

Pilot job dreams crash as aviation suffers - Hindustan Times (http://www.hindustantimes.com/business-news/SectorsAviation/Pilot-job-dreams-crash-as-aviation-suffers/Article1-1005887.aspx)

I also hope you understand that a CPL is not equivalent to a college degree . You educational qualification will always remain as high school pass

This has prevented a lot of CPL holders from finding jobs outside the aviation industry

While the FAA CPL is perpetually valid the DGCA CPL is only valid for 5 years and can cost 1-2 lakh rupees to renew

Even after all this you still wish to proceed further then make sure you do as follows

Read this document very very carefully and over and over again until you know it by heart
http://www.dgca.nic.in/circular/FCL1_2012.pdf

This is the process for converting a foreign license into an Indian license

Make sure the flight schools abroad have the same aircraft that are also registered and available in India

For Single Engine popular options are C172 , C152
For Multi Engine are PA 34 and DA 42

You will need to get both FAA Commercial Multi and FAA Commercial Single engine if you want to avoid a lot of hassle in India

-Before proceeding anywhere in the world to fly first pass and obtain the DGCA CLass 1 medical
-In the meantime obtain a DGCA Computer number and pass all the DGCA Papers required for Conversion
-You also need to pass the RTR exam conducted by the WPC in order to obtain the Radio License RTR A
-After you obtain the Radio License RTR A go to the DGCA and apply for an FRTOL

Only once you do all the steps above should you proceed forward to any flight school for training
That way when you come back you wont have to give any exams will only have to give the skill test at a flying school in India

P.S : If you really want to save money I heard that Nagpur Flying club can get you a Single Engine CPL for 12 - 14 lakh rupees , Add another 4-5 lakhs for multi engine rating
You can also avoid the hassles of conversion as well