PDA

View Full Version : Deleted threads

Bravo73
18th Jun 2013, 22:48
Ahhh, ya gotta love 'em...

:E

Senior Pilot
18th Jun 2013, 22:59
Does that include the one that you deleted 2 minutes ago?

:p

nomorehelosforme
18th Jun 2013, 23:01
Did we miss something?

Bravo73
18th Jun 2013, 23:40
Does that include the one that you deleted 2 minutes ago?

:p

Yep. And no.

Edited posts can look so messy sometimes. :O

Bravo73
18th Jun 2013, 23:41
Did we miss something?

You obviously did.

pohm1
19th Jun 2013, 00:30
Did we miss something?

Only Helimutt berating his potential future colleagues and bosses.

P1

Bravo73
19th Jun 2013, 00:45
Only Bravo73 berating his potential future colleagues and bosses.

P1

Er, are you sure that it was me???? :suspect:

DirtDiver
19th Jun 2013, 14:19
That challenge I accept, I am in!

SilsoeSid
20th Jun 2013, 08:47
Is it the one where helimutt didn't fill in the application form for the police pilot job correctly and then complained when he didn't make the cut?

Of course it took creating a thread here, explaining his circumstances in detail and complaining about his treatment, to encourage him to get back to the recruiter and ask them to reconsider his incorrect application. Bearing in mind that one of the requirements of the post was a 'self-starter' (self motivator)... that didn't really set him up for a good supportive thread.

I guess he didn't like any comments in the later posts referring to his inability to fill in an application form properly or the possible juicing up of a CV, and decided to pull the thread by deleting the original post.

I believe that B73 saw the original post before it was edited and suggested that helimutt's slagging off of ex-military pilots wasn't such a good idea, especially when you're trying to get a job where a lot of your close workmates would be ex-mil.

pohm1
Only Bravo73 berating his potential future colleagues and bosses.

B73 is one of the most supportive & sensible members here on PPrune, so I suggest that before posting comments like that, the facts are known!!!!

pohm1
20th Jun 2013, 10:01
'Twas a slip of the finger, no more. Post was edited pronto to reflect, but B73 immortalised me in a quote. No malice intended.

P1

Bravo73
1st Aug 2013, 09:28
Aha. The great big axe from the sky seems to have fallen again. :E

RPM AWARE
1st Aug 2013, 09:32
DAYAM !

Why do they do that :mad:

Now we'll never know if he got through to boot camp to be mentored by Ziggy Marley :E

Senior Pilot
1st Aug 2013, 10:14
Aha. The great big axe from the sky seems to have fallen again. :E

Nothing to do with the management: the OP (http://www.pprune.org/members/411002-kyyle) made the deletion :oh:

Al-bert
1st Aug 2013, 10:27
bugger! I was just waiting to see if I should grow some dreads so I can be a helicopter pilot too :ugh:

Bravo73
1st Aug 2013, 11:27
Nothing to do with the management: the OP (http://www.pprune.org/members/411002-kyyle) made the deletion :oh:

It must have been the great big shears then... ;)

Do you think that the penny might have dropped when kyyle realised that his prospective employer (Mr Senior) reads and 'contributes' to PPruNe...?

NB That is 'Mr Senior', NOT 'Mr Senior Pilot'!

muffin
1st Aug 2013, 11:45
Dropped a bit of a clanger there, didn't he?

Bravo73
6th Aug 2014, 19:35
A couple more threads have been deleted recently. Both were about the same UK training school.

Is this the mods' way of saying that advertising should be paid for?

PPRuNe Towers
6th Aug 2014, 19:46
That's correct.

Rob

SARWannabe
6th Aug 2014, 20:59
A couple more threads have been deleted recently. Both were about the same UK training school.

I believe both threads got deleted after the home truths were exposed. One presumably by the pro HC OP, and the other who knows, but if it were a mod (more likely as the OP had started the thread in response to the previous being deleted), it's presumably because they are paid advertisers. One thing stands, if all was as good as it would seem there would not be disgruntled students, employees, or customers speaking out much to someone's dismay... The truth hurts

Senior Pilot
6th Aug 2014, 23:24

When the thread is started and run by the school in question: yes.