PDA

View Full Version : VistaJet now ordering $1B worth of new Challenger 350s - More Hiring on the Way???

Iver
18th Jun 2013, 19:00
Potential for 40 CL350 aircraft if options are exercised (20 firm and 20 options). This follows that big Global 6000/7000 order in the last 6 months. Clearly this would require the addition of more pilots (I assume many in Europe, Asia and Africa - no?). Do VistaJet employ pilots solely in Europe or do pilots also currently live in Asia and Africa?

Anyone know the latest on hiring numbers? Also, is the Lear 85 still being added to the fleet?

Cheers for any updates from the inside. :ok:

Article from AINOnline:

VistaJet Places $1B Order for Challenger 350s
VistaJet is expanding its 35-airplane fleet of Bombardier Globals and Challengers, having placed an order today at the Paris Air Show for 20 super-midsize Challenger 350s and options for 20 more. At list price, the order is worth some $1.035 billion if all options are exercised. Deliveries to VistaJet will begin in about 12 months. Thomas Flohr, founder and chairman of VistaJet, said the Challenger 350 fits the company’s strategy to provide point-to-point global coverage. With a range of 3,200 nm, he said, the airplane “can connect China with India and India with Africa in the two-and-a-half- to five-and-a-half-hour range flying at a high altitude of 45,000 feet. It can enhance point-to-point capability.” The twinjet has a jump seat for the flight attendant and a cabin divider door, providing passenger privacy even during takeoff and landing. The Challenger 350 is equipped with the latest cabin management system, including in-flight Internet access, Wi-Fi and trim panel speakers. Last year VistaJet flew 25,000 passengers to 950 non-U.S airports, 136 of which were in Africa. VistaJet flies Bombardier aircraft exclusively.

flydive1
18th Jun 2013, 19:51
Clearly this would require the addition of more pilots

They are probably stocking up on peanuts to pay their crew.

Iver
18th Jun 2013, 20:53
Your point is well taken. For operators like VistaJet that fly wealthy people into difficult/challenging airports (i.e., into Siberia or into the dark of Africa), you would "expect" that having highly experienced pilots with significant experience would be a necessity (and comforting for the wealthy passengers). And yet, some of the pay/benefits on ppjn.com does not seem very compelling for Vistajet or comparable operators:

VistaJet pilot jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/VistaJet)

I guess it is all relative. Some people would not want the airline lifestyle and would prefer the adhoc nature of bizjet flying. Certainly with these massive aircraft orders you would expect to advance to the left seat sooner if you are qualified. Personally, flying a Global or CL350 worldwide wouldn't be too bad if the conditions/pay were right. :cool:

I have heard mixed reviews about VistaJet and look forward to more input from the PPrune crowd. PMs also welcome.

733driver
20th Jun 2013, 08:15
Iver, it get's old. You follow up every press release with questions like these. Or posts that say: Wanna fly a Dreamliner, A380 etc move to this place or that.

You claim to be a professional pilot but I don't believe it for a second. In your more than 1000 posts here you have never contributed to a profssional discussion such as it frequently appears on techlog.

You posts link to pics and vids and mostly ask questions with regards to new fleets, routes, hiring, pay all over the worls etc. Why?

You never really "give" anything, either. All the info you provide here is in the public domain. It is never from your own experience as a pilot or airline employee (I wonder why).

I think there is an ignore function here. Maybe I should go and find it. Sorry for the rant. I probably wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for your fake profile on top of all this time waisting. You know, people who haven't seen your posting history might feel that they are actually helping a fellow pilot by taking the time to reply.

Globally Challenged
20th Jun 2013, 08:22
Isn't this a rumour network at the end of the day?

If you come here expecting too much enlightenment rather than entertainment, banter and the occasional useful nugget of info then you are likely to be disappointed.

733driver
20th Jun 2013, 09:38
Maybe you are right.

Iver
22nd Jun 2013, 13:36
733driver,

Please find the ignore button and ignore me. Last time I checked this is information/opinion sharing website and you simply don't have to read ANY of my posts if you are not inclined. You already have a choice - you decide to click on the thread and you simply don't have to click on any of my threads going forward. Nobody does... I found this information and thought I would post it because some people might find it interesting and relevant to their job search. Simple as that. So, please choose to ignore me so that I don't have to read any of your LAME responses.

Back to our discussion about VistaJet....

Daifly
25th Jun 2013, 19:17
Is this the Vistajet fleet now?

Global 6000's
9H-OPE
9H-VJA
9H-VJB
9H-VJD
9H-VJF
OE-LXX

Global XRS
OE-LXR
OE-LGX

CL604
OE-INY

CL605
OE-INS
OE-INN
OE-INP
OE-INU
OE-INA
OE-IND
OE-INE
OE-ING
OE-INH
OE-INM

CL850
OE-ILI
OE-ILY
OE-ILV
OE-ILZ
OE-ILA
OE-ILB

LJ60XR
OE-GVF
OE-GVG
OE-GVH
OE-GVN
OE-GVP
OE-GVQ

31 Aircraft.

And that this was the announced order book?

2006 - 3 x CL605 (firm) and 2 x CL605 (option)
2008 - 11 x Learjet 85 (firm), 11 x CL605 (firm), 13 x LJ60XR (firm)
2010 - 4 x Global XRS and 2 x CL605 (both firm)
2011 - 10 x Global 8000 (firm), 2 CL850 (firm), 1 x Global 5000 (firm), 6 x Learjet 60XR (firm)
2012 - 25 x Global 5000, 25 x Global 6000, 6 x Global 8000
2013 - 40 x Challenger 350 (20 firm, 20 options)

129 firm and 22 options.

Coolmore M.
26th Jun 2013, 06:29
looks that they are acting as a broker.
If you order such amount of aircraft you'll have a nice reduction of the list price. Afterwards you can sell it for or even above the list price.

FLEXJET
26th Jun 2013, 13:31
Financing of VJ aircraft is backed by Export Development Canada, an agency which helps Canadian manufacturers exporting their products.

In one case (5 Globals) it is a Chinese leasing company whose branch in Ireland leases the aircraft to VJ.

The Ryanair of business aviation?

B200Drvr
27th Jun 2013, 03:39
and still waiting to see their AOC for operating charters out of Hong Kong!!!

vjs
4th Jul 2013, 21:45
Ask Sander, he will know where it is hidden ... :E

No RYR for me
5th Jul 2013, 07:15
Do they still have a base in Nigeria?

vjs
5th Jul 2013, 10:18
Oh yes, they have. And most of us hate it. They even try to expand in the african market(as they try as well in Asia). Which is a must if they really plan to operate even just 50% of the new ordered aircraft by themself.

pilot management
10th Jul 2013, 08:38
Vista jet leases these all aircraft from Bombardier for 3years and then returns yhem

vjs
10th Jul 2013, 22:39
Not entirely true - see for instance the CL850s - some of them are well over 3 years in service.
Don't know the deal for the new orders.

Iver
12th Jul 2013, 03:23
VJS,

Thank you for your information - very helpful. Some extra questions for you:

1. Do all newhires start in Nigeria or is that included in a rotation?

2. How is fleet selection handled? Do newhires get placed primarily based on previous experience/hours or just fleet need at the time? Is it fair to say the Lear 60XR, CL850 or the CL605 would be a likely start for someone with previous corporate or airline experience (just trying to understand what is likely)?

3. Is there much fleet-to-fleet movement or do pilots tend to stay and upgrade within their fleet (i.e., no movement from FO on the L60XR to FO on the Global 6000)?

Cheers

vjs
12th Jul 2013, 15:45
Hi Iver:

1. No, Nigeria is just a rotation for CL605 and CL850

2. Depends how much Nick likes you ;). Normally no new hires on Lear(will be phased out soon), majority going at the moment on the Global(as well non typerated , yes), leaving pissed off long term employees behind.

3. Even management say yes, there is - I would disagree. Lot's of new hires on Global and 605s, a while ago as well 850. There are just no positions available for existing pilots. Just immagine you work for a big airline, having regional aircraft, meds and heavies. And then the management starts to hire new captains for the 777s or 747s externally, leaving their old 737 and CRJ pilots frozen in their fleet. That would be not so nice, right? That's just happening in Vista...

Cheers

Pete Tong
20th Jul 2013, 09:38
Well said Iver (re post 22nd June) and keep the details coming :ok: